1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Houston Rockets win the division! First round matchup: Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2015.

1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I can't believe we pulled off #2 spot .. In shock

2. HookemHorns1250

Rockets, I'll do you a favor for our pregame introduction Saturday. Play our old intro music from the Championship days. /Done

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I can't wait to see playoff addition videos from that ranting masked Mavs fan

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Our play-off intro should mock that batman video they made to 'convince' Dwight to come to Dallas :D

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Nowitzki/Harden is going to be classic. Two players that can score at will trying to carry their team against a hated rival. I'm going to call it 25 ppg to 21 for Harden.

The Rockets supporting cast needs to run run run. If the Rockets have a real advantage I think it's Brewer with the second unit. When he does it let's all thank Moray for seeing that potential.

Sweet that Jet will be raining 3's for us rather than on us.

How in the world does a team get Josh Smith in the middle of the season, and paid by another team? he brought our bench from an 'also-ran' to the best in the NBA.

But the karma evened out losing Bev and Dmo :( We sure could have used a 7 foot hand in Dirks face.

Enjoy the drama boys, ***** I hate the MAVS!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wished for Mavs and Blazers in that sequence and I did get that. No complaints

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

I mean, Mavs fans had party as well. In their spot I rather play injuried Rockets than last years champs...

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets = SW Division Champs!!!!
    The toughest division in sports history.
    All 5 teams made the postseason! !!

Unbelievable everything fell into place.

Let's capitalize off it and make a deep run!!!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope the outcome is the same. They think it is easier which is always good in order to fool them.

11. roidrage

roidrage Member

Lol at cuban

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I woke up this morning and had to check cfans to make sure i wasn't dreaming.

I love this team so much

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Too bad Memphis didn't lose and give the #5 spot to the Spurs. But, you can't have everything. This is about as good a conclusion as you have any right to hope for.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Man I really hope Harden steps it up against Rondo. He hasn't had particularly great games against them this year.

We also need to be more aware of Aminu, Villanueva, Barea. Please, McHale, don't disappoint us now!

15. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

CLutch the master of April Fools Jokes. This is April 1st right?

16. SemisolidSnake

It's so sweet.

Look at the 1994 playoff bracket. Interesting things. Atlanta won the Eastern first seed that year, too. Look at how the Cavs and the Knicks have changed. Look at all the teams that are still the same. We had the number two seed that year. No LA Lakers in the bracket. Twenty-one years is enough time to reflect and repeat.

Also, look at how skinny the championship team was to our current team. Hakeem looks like a twig compared to Dwight. Even Otis, who was an ox, looks skinny. Different times. Hopefully same results.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

The national sports media is already lining up behind the Mavs. Yahoo sports is talking about their "experience" and "coaching" and how they are likely to "outperform" their seed. Also, several of our games will be on TNT where they will talk down the Rockets, win or lose. Rockets against the world.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We are division champs for the division where every team in the division made the playoffs. GO ROCKETS!

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sporting News really believes in us:

No. 2 Rockets vs. No. 7 Mavericks

Regular-season series: Rockets won 3-1.

Someone needs to make Mavs owner Mark Cuban and Rockets general manager Daryl Morey sit next to each other for this entire series. These teams have a lot of bad blood, and Mavs forward Chandler Parsons surely will want to step up against his ex-teammates. Parsons is a key here, though, as he will not have played in more than two weeks by the opener because of a knee issue. Dallas has no answer for James Harden, so it needs its full lineup at its best.

Prediction: Rockets in five.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-04-16/nba-playoffs-2015-first-round-matchups-predictions

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Brad Daugherty over on ESPN picked Rockets in 5. I think most if not all experts and analysts will go with the Rockets. But this is not gonna be an easy series. Let's not forget that the Mavs had a chance to tie at the end of both home wins and the Rockets needed a huge comeback to win the last game at Dallas.

Granted, Dwight only played in the last game, but this is not a series where the Rockets are gonna blow them out every night en route to an easy victory. These are gonna be close, hard fought games. And one thing that could hurt us is that we're a crappy foul shooting team whereas the Mavs are very good at the line(aside from Rondo).