1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Green New Deal Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 31, 2019.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

2. cml750

cml750 Member

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She's not gunning for the presidency anytime soon (time being relative of course) - she's smart enough to know that you don't become a force by playing it safe in the modern age. She knows all too well if you take your time, she'll end up being called an old witch or a man by the right.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Where are all your posts about Trump stating we should print more money to pay off the national debt?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

TheresTheDagger and Astrodome like this.
  6. fchowd0311

No, I'm saying why not apply more scrutiny of stupid **** people say in reference to someone who is in charge of managing the world's largest bureaucracy and commanding the world's most powerful military relative to a first term junior US representative?

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

um . . . because this is a thread about the Dumb New Deal and the post was about AOC's screwup in posting some laughable internal document by mistake and then yanking it after the fact and lying about all of it through her spokesmen?

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

I'm reffering to the posting history of CML. Why doesn't he post or comment about the even more crazy and stupid **** the manager of the world's largest bureaucracy and commander of the world's most powerful military says on a daily basis? Why don't you? Why are you so obsessed over a junior US Rep relative to the person who manages the world's largest bureaucracy and commands the world's most powerful military?

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

um . . . okay

BruceAndre and TheresTheDagger like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I might've gotten ahead of myself.

I do think she's trying to take the progressive wing mantle, and her handlers are likely trying get she has a ten year window to ascend.

Time will tell if she's the lefts Michelle Bauchman.

Speaking of Bauchman, they really shotgunned some Imodium to drop that turd quickly, yet embodies all of her half baked ideals and chickenshit power plays.

Foreshadowing?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Bauchman lacked something and that's what cut her rise. If you think about it it, Bauchman, Palin, and others were failed attempts at what the right really needed to back a low-information populist: true celebrity appeal and a penis. Do you really think that the right could truly stand behind a woman? No they needed a man, and Trump had everything

1. Grandiose celebrity personality
    2. Hates immigrants almost as much as Dems
    3. Has penis (even though with small hands)

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would still vote for Oprah as president if she ever decided to ruin her life and do it.

If only as a revenge vote to make angry birds like mojo take their heart medicine.

Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk free cars for everyone.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The outrage over the "unwilling to work" line is funny because it is one of the less objectionable planks in the GND. That's much, much cheaper than eliminating carbon emissions.

The problem isn't that you're going to turn off conservative voters who'd never vote for you anyway. The problem is that it can turn off moderate Democrats, especially when you have a Howard Schultz running as an independent. You've said she's playing a game here. I've heard this is an anchoring strategy for negotiations on climate change. I've learned to term Overton Window. I gotta say, it sounds a lot like Trumpers celebrating how Trump is playing 4D chess. I think it's BS. Whether she's right or wrong, what she is asking will be too extreme for people. Even Trump was too extreme. Hell, Obama presiding while black was too extreme. If AOC isn't outright rejected for being too extreme and finds any success with this policy, the conservative reaction that would inevitably come later will be absolutely brutal. She's not being smart here at all.

Sadly true. Though you could pay them to replace the coal with something cleaner instead of dropping bombs. At a recent utility conference, a state commissioner was making the argument that we'd be better off sending the next dollar to India then to make the California generation stack even cleaner, given that it is a global problem.

I think he's wrong about energy storage, and doesn't appreciate some other energy management stuff we can do with technology. But, he's right about jobs. Decarbonizing generation is a techy effort. You'll probably eliminate 3 fossil fuel jobs for every renewables job you make.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

She can gain cred on the far left who are frustrated with moderate dems. She's not gunning to become Nancy Pelosi here - she's gunning to taking a step forward to being the leader of the progressive movement much as Trump has become the face of the anti-immigrant movement

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

AOC "retracts" the stupid stuff that got released by accident:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...democratic-candidates/?utm_term=.1d5d319a4975

16. dmoneybangbang

Sure you don’t want to start a new thread about it?

“Moderate Democrat”. Lol.

17. dmoneybangbang

Can’t respond.... no surprise. Start a thread about it!

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I suppose that's fine. And, as a rep from a pretty liberal district, she can probably make that work for her. Right now, she has a half-dozen presidential hopefuls in her passenger seat somehow (did I mention already how ridiculous I think that is?) and I suppose I'm worried they won't be able to dive out of the car before she drives them off the cliff.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I love how this young newbie Dem congresswoman has gotten all of your dotardian panties in such a wad.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lmao these twitter posts are displaying such outrage

its sad how much fake outrage there is .
    its sad how much politics is more a game of "gotcha" than having legitimate, intellectual discussion.

I know its always been this way ( or at least i assume )

it just makes it that much harder for the voter to process and obtain correct information.