1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Giants @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 10, 2020.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Dusty's mistakes working out better than his intentions.

marks0223 and TWS1986 like this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Whole reason why I don't mind that Hinch is gone now.

jcee15 likes this.
  3. Jay713

Jay713 Member

I’d still take him over Dusty. Any day.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Great stroke of luck that Raley was so good in that inning and preventing James from coming in. Not sure why Dusty would've made that move at that time. He has to be relegated to less important roles until or if he gets his s*** together.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If Mike F#cking Fiers never happened sure. But now, he carries too much baggage (undeserved) and/or fallout from that whole mess to be an effective leader. The taint is too strong without him on the club. If we sought him out as manager again, the blowback from the rest of the baseball community would be severe (again, undeserved). I say this mainly, not because what the rest of baseball thinks carries much weight with Houstonians, but because pier pressure and image are important to Crane. Crane just wouldn't do it (hire him back).

But it is what it is. I dont foresee Hinch ever being part of the Houston organization any time in the near future. A decade or two from now? Maybe.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's baaaaaaaacck!

Yordan Alvarez has been reinstated from the IL; Nivoldo Rodriguez optioned to alternate site

#246 J.R., Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member