1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nono

nono Member

When is the soonest we can trade for players ?

2. Star

Star Member

I see the Rockets and the Lakers are in in similar situation.

Both teams have very talented starters but poor bench and the 2 worst coaches in the NBA at the moment.

So who's gonna get fire first? Mike Brown or Kevin Mchale?

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Do we even have a pick this year? I thought we traded that to OKC.

Anyhoo, no matter how bad we are there is no chance we finish in the bottom 5. Detroit, Charlotte, Washinton, Toronto and Orlando have worse roster than we do and all of them will most likely finish worse than we will unless we purposely keep guys out of the lineup.

4. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Well, I'm just happy that our coach is not Mike Brown :grin:

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I wonder if Jerry Sloan is available. He would be the perfect mentor for these young players.

6. slickster

slickster Member

It's just shocking that knuckleheads like Mike Brown and Scottie Brooks are coaching the best squads in the NBA, while a legend with an unquestioned track record can't even sniff an interview.

7. Star

Star Member

Jerry Sloan will be going to the Lakers, not Rockets :(

8. slickster

slickster Member

It would be a joke to hit the panic button 4 games in.

But right now, the rockets lost completely lost out there. Asik is truly a joke on offense (yet led the team in scoring for much of the first half?).

Lin doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

Harden is playing iso ball, doing his best to imitate the ultimate ball stopper, carmelo anthony.

Douglas couldn't hit the pacific ocean right now, much less the rio grande.

Delfino wants to play selfish hero ball, as if he were kobe.

But most importantly, the ball has stopped moving. I was stunned by how well this team passed in the opening game, and this pattern continued in the second game at least to some degree.

But now, it's just harden going one on one. Asik is getting looks but looks like he's playing the game for the very first time.

You have to give these guys at least a month of play before any real evaluation begins, but, right now, rockets basketball is very ugly.

9. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

could not agree more. jerry sloan would be perfect for this team. truly an underrated coach. scotty brooks has cost okc a couple of titles by now with his incompetence as head coach. at least hous is nowhere near championship caliber so mchale's incompetence sucks less.

there should be a fire mchale hire jerry sloan thread.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Sloan didn't want to put up with Deron why would he want to put up with Kobe, Dwight, and Metta?

11. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Probably because of monetary + control reasons. The best coaches want the most control of their team and a lot of money for a coach.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I always thought he was here to develop our rookies and lose as many games as possible this season because he can't coach.

Going pretty well according to plan so far, DAT LOTTERY PICK

13. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Never thought Mchale was a good coach, but I didn't think he was this bad. The guy's a wimp

14. turtletran

turtletran Member

I caught the end of the game and when I checked the box score to see what I missed and lord behold, I saw DNPs with Jones, Motie, etc. But i DID see Cole Aldrich get 15 mins? And Toney as well? I mean i get McHale for putting in players that have more "experience" but when it's clearly not working, put in the rooks? Aldrich had 4pts and 3 reb. Douglas had 4 pts and 2 assists..? And our "plays"? really?

15. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Can't say I'm quite ready to see McHale fired just yet, but I would like to see the rookies get more playing time. The longer they sit on the bench, the further behind they're going to be. I suppose they're probably not showing much in practice -- or, at least, not showing enough to get bumped up in the rotation -- but I still think the rookies we used to be so high on, should get some game time to give the coaching staff a fuller picture of what they have to work with.

To put it more simply: if, for example, Royce White is anything like "a top five talent", then maybe he should be put on the court so he can prove it.

I understand wanting to win games, but I don't see there being much return on a "win now" mindset when all we have is one All-Star caliber player. Give the rookies more run; see if any of them live up to the promise. If they do, we might find one or more (near-)All-Star quality players. If they don't, we're that much closer to a top ten lottery pick, where the real talent usually lives. (I agree with another poster's assessment that there's virtually no chance that we sniff a top five pick with the guaranteed garbage teams elsewhere in the league.)

I know, it's only four games in... but I've already got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that says "fourteenth pick".

16. conquistador#11

I'm not saying to fire him, but he and the entire coaching staff let us and the team down. not because we've lost a game in an 82 season, but because they have no confidence in their philosophy.

The Fuhrer never said " hey, I have yao and tracy. I will abandon my tactics and philosophy to accommodate those two ." In the contrary, the fuhrer continued to believe in his system. This hero ball/ teen wolf offense mctalky and sampson decided on is pure fail. It rarely works. ugly just ugly. the ball needs to not stop moving.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

But... the guy is funny when talking with the media.

18. nbafever

nbafever Member

If we keep losing ... yeah, changes will be made. Our owner hates losing .. money

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We just need more three point shooters. Morey said parsons as a power forward is legit. Mchale got hired because he's a yes man. Morey is pulling all the strings here.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Think we could trade Douglas for Adelman? I'd love to see Harden/Lin in his system. Seriously, isn't it a bit early? Who knows? Maybe he's doing what Morey wants him to do.