1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

What do you mean?

I've heard what before?

2. adobo

adobo Member

Watching the denver vs oklahoma game. Our 2 dimensional offense has nothing compared to these 2 teams.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

i watched lakers versus raptors, Beautiful basketball the raptors played getting their guards and fowards the ball in halfcourt and transition. Guys setting offball screens for calderon and fields to knock down open jumpers . This is something so simple YET houston doesnt set offball screens it seems. Mchale has ALOT of work to do

5. brick

brick Member

I guess the players really respect the coach who was a Hall of Fame player, and want to fight for him at the beginning of the season (and that of last season). Otherwise I can't explain the similarity between this and last season.

6. jocar

jocar Member

fixed 4 u

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

errmmm... still wrong man its "scapegoat"

8. jocar

jocar Member

Sorry, but escape goat or escaped goat are the only acceptable terms here on CF

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

damn, was hoping for some goats milk later tonight!

10. kcal

kcal Member

I seriously doubt Mac will be fired this season.

I don't know if he's a good coach or not. All I know is that his decisions are completely befuddling. I don't understand why he keeps starters in the game when the rockets have had enormous leads.

I don't understand why he won't play TJ. Perhaps I can understand why TJ wouldn't play 30+ mpg. But I don't understand why he can't even get a few spot minutes. PF is by far the weakest position for the rockets, and TJ is a talented player.

I don't understand why Lin is being used in the way that he is. Lin is a talented, ball dominant PG who can also score. He is not steve novak. He's not steve kerr. He's not a catch and shoot 3 pt shooter, so it's pointless to use him as such.

I don't understand what type of offensive 'system' Mac is running. There are occasional PNR's with Asik. Sometimes asik is featured in the offense, other times he's completely ignored. The rockets will force the ball into the post on consecutive occasions, then asik won't get any touches for long stretches.

All I know is that the rockets players look worn out.

I don't think the youth of the rockets is to blame for their inconsistency. These guys have high bbal IQ's. They know how to play the game.

The bottom line for me is that mac doesn't have a clear idea of how to utilize and blend the talent on this team.

11. ausbear

ausbear Member

he has successfully transformed us from team basketball into 1 vs 5 hero ball, congrats!

12. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

And INSPIRE

13. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

hahaha that was funny

Cool Story Bro: ...reminds me of a time I was in Germany on a train, and two germans were practicing their English. It began to snow outside and one said, " oh look, snow drops are falling!" The other German looked at her friend, shook her head with sincerity, and replied, "they aren't called snow drops, but snow flocks!"

I was ROFLMAO.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Should happen tonight, im sorry but we have a good amount of talent to compete every night. This is awful.

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Agreed. The Rockets made a wrong decision to fire Rick Adelman. We would have won a lot more games with Rick Adelman with this roster.

16. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

i honestly don't think firing adelman was the wrong decision even though he is a good coach.
    However hiring McHale was a BADDDDDDDDD decision.
    The alternative must have been so bad for McHale to pass himself off as a competent coach during interview. Or maybe he showed Morey he was good at sucking up to management during interview

17. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

The bobcats outplayed and outcoach us today. Mchale needs to go. We won because of Harden at the Free Throw line. No plays set at all. I'm surprise Mchale hasn't even set many PnR when he himself did that a ton in his Career.

The guy doesn't know the coach.

18. brick

brick Member

I happen to read this from the beginning of the thread. It seems that the current system and coaches don't know how to use their PGs properly, leading to a very predictable offense.

19. Orange1

Orange1 Member

Where is the coaching? Where are players' developments?

Coaches are desperate to get a win. They are willing to throw anything that can stick to a "win" board.

We got 2 $8 million player shot a total of 9 times and a $16 million player shot 5 of 20 times. The rest shots went to role players who happened get paid less and shot more. And it is not just one game only. It has been like that for a while. Who do Rockets pay so much for any player? Street ballers may come with some luck too on any game.:rolleyes:

20. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

McHale won't be fired: the Rockets can't humanly afford it because of his personal tragedy.
    His contract is over in 6 month then another coach will be named.