1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

How do you make the leap that I'm a person that doesn't think coaching matters based off of my response? I'm fine with placing blame where it is deserved, I just don't think he should be knocked for that series.

2. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Has to be one of the worst coaches in Rockets history.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One of the worst coaches in Rockets history? That is giving the clueless hack of a coach that is McHale way too much credit.
    He is undoubtedly the worst Rockets coach ever which is a pity at a time we have a championship capable roster or close to it.

Rockets have had the following coaches at least as far back as I can go:

Rudy T
    JVG
    Adelman
    Bill Fitch
    Dell Harris

I must say though that the above were mostly great coaches and pitting an awful coach like McHale against them may be unfair but it is what it is.

McHale comes NOWHERE close to any of the above, perhaps JVG but yet JVG is superior to the incompetent embarassment that is McHale.

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Wait till Morey dig out a coach from Europe of some no name team...:rolleyes:

5. torocan

torocan Member

If he didn't make a move on Blatt and Messina (2 of the best coaches in international play) what makes you think they're going to find a gem of a coach in Europe at the last minute?

I doubt any of the coaches they land at this point will significantly move the needle.

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

of course they will...Morey is a gwarrrd.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Do we have to keep on bumping this every two weeks for FTW Rockets to get his tantrum in. If McHale wasn't going to get fired in June, July, and then August, what makes you think Morey and Les wake up today, and think they are going top fire him 2 weeks before training camp starts????

Just give it a freaking rest until the new year at least. Geezus.

1 person likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

^^^ I agree.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed that he wasn't fired. I even would have been satisfied at a defensive hire. McHale and his staff underachieved with this team and that shouldn't be tolerated in such a short championship contention window with Howard.

That being said, the Rockets have a history of not firing coaches mid-contract, which is why they'll give McHale one more year.

At this point, no reason to whine. 'Cause McHale is here to stay until at least the end of the season, unless we drastically implode.

9. NotChandlerParsons

I like to pretend so but yeah, he ain't gone until his contract's up, if he's gone at all. That's just how Leslie operates.

10. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Essentially learned nothing but play hard. Lol what a joke of a headcoach. Quite an embarassment when a scrub like Powell has nothing good to say except play hard and Dwight just laughs it off.

1 person likes this.
  14. Hmm

Hmm Member

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you guys see what the new coach is doing for the Texans?

1 person likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

But the players want to play for this clueless coach, Morey decided not to fire this pathetic coach, he is here to stay so you better back him and don't criticize him blah blah blah

1 person likes this.
  17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Agreed. Morey and his minions have declared this off season a success. Anybody who says otherwise is a troll:rolleyes:

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

this thread=masturbation

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

:grin::cool: The footage of the moment and post of the thread right here... Now I know why these guys fathom McHale sticking around. He let's them do whatever they want and probably thinking they can set plays themselves. I wish somehow McHale resigns and Doug Collins are anybody signs up. Heck I take that female commentator over McHale, she's probably better anyways.

20. houtown

houtown Member

LOL that is telling for me. Seems like Mchale is an inside joke for some players. Lets be real here, Mchale is probably in it either for the money, or his ego. He is not coaching material as of now unless he has a spiritual epiphany of some sort. I just don't get it. It seems obvious to almost everyone.