1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. count_dough-ku

Even if he did, I doubt he'd bolt for another team. I think it's far more likely he takes a year off and returns to the the play-by-play booth.

No worries though. There are plenty of worthy candidates out there to replace McHale.

2. dchoye

dchoye Member

Tonight's after game press conference, he says we didnt have good ball movement and the ball got to sticky.
    Isnt it McHale's job to make up plays so that there's ball movement?

3. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

McHale needs to go if we lose this series. I will not blame Lin for the loss. McHale needed to put in more motion plays in the offense and he could have called timeout on the play at the end of the fourth quarter. The Rockets held the ball for too long.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

are you joking, or did he really say that?

5. count_dough-ku

In tonight's press conference, McHale looked like he was about to cry. It almost reminded me of T-Mac after Game 7 against Utah. He knows he's about to get fired barring a miracle comeback.

6. TISNF

TISNF Member

Plenty, huh. Sure would like to see that list of upgrades you got there.

Rivers absolutely would consider Houston IF they trade for Rondo.

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He always blames the players. He never takes accountability for anything.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I can't believe I'm saying this but get jerry sloan in here.

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

Seriously if he's still here after the first round is over, I don't know what I'll do.

10. count_dough-ku

First of all, a hamburger on the sidelines would be an upgrade over McHale. Secondly, there are plenty of candidates. Karl is better. Stan Van Gundy is better. Jeff Van Gundy is better(assuming he wants to coach again). Lionel Hollins is better. Tom Thibodeau(if the Bulls let him go) is better. Even Frank Vogel would be better(again, if the Pacers let him go).

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

mmm whataburger sounds good right now :grin:

12. rokit

rokit Member

mchale is an idiot, at least lin has the balls to admit his mistakes. the moment lin got that rebound, mchale should have been out there on the court calling for a freaking timeout.

13. afk

afk Member

Yeah, it looks to be that way.

14. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Wouldn't it be funny if McHale and Lin end up on the same team next year after we get rid of them.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

mchale will never get another nba coaching gig….at least not as head coach

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Woke up still upset with Lin and that play. Also upset with mchale, because if your plan was to get a stop/rebound/timeout like he said, why did you even put Lin in instead of Hamilton ? And harden probably shouldve been subbed out for Garcia also. That was a key time to sub in defense/rebounding for offense and he did the exact opposite.

17. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Actually, I think the Rocket's organization is stupid enough to keep him on.

BWAAHAHAHA! That would be just rediculous!!!

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yes i agree there's a chance of that, but i meant that if he were let go it'll be his last gig as an nba head coach

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Whose fault was it when he told the team to take a time out when they got the rebound late in the 4th quarter and Lin chose not to do that and it led to a turnover?

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

I really like Mchale, he seems like a great guy. However he has made many many mistakes this series. I would not mind if he was gone next year.

I really want a defenisve minded coach, I hate all these defensive breakdowns