1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Hating on T-Jones. All jokes aside every since his daughter passed I have to give him credit. It takes a hell of a man to even try to do what he has done after what happened. I still wish T-Jones would get a chance though.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So what makes you think T-Jones, a 1st year player, deserves playing time over Smith/Morris/Patterson, 2nd and 3rd year players?

In a young team, nobody gets gifted minutes. They all earn it.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Drastic change from what I saw earlier. Coach is making good decisions.

Lin you ain't gonna play defense? To the bench

Asik getting Done by Duncan? To the bench.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Seems like he's seen things differently from Live TV as we did...

he leaves guys in who get it going, subs guys who can't get things done

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah, a guy who's had 33 years of NBA experience took his queue from Live TV just like us!! Wow... Inane doesn't begin to describe this.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think you mean if it weren't for Jeremy Lin finally manning up and consistently playing to his ability, McHale/Sampson would still probably be yanking Jeremy Lin.

7. FearTheBeardJH

If season ended today, McHale would win Coach of the year. True story.

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

AGREED!

Mr. D

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I used to be a big fire McHale guy. Right now, he is not doing a bad job. His coaching has not been bad, we are just been outplayed.

11. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

He'll be "fine." Just needs to make better rotation decisions. Today, he should have put Asik back in earlier in the 4th cuz Cole looked lost and made really bad decisions.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Based on the logic used in this thread, one could say that Popovich may be the worst coach in NBA history. I mean, look at how "bad" Pop was tonight.

1. He has 3 star players to Rockets 1.
    2. He has a veteran group compared to Rockets youngest team in the NBA.
    3. He has home court.
    4. The Rockets are on their 3rd game of a 4-in-5.
    5. The Rockets are missing Delfino, their only legit backup wing player, while the Spurs have ridiculous depth.

And the Spurs win by only 6? If McHale coached that team, I bet this thread would be up in arms at how horrible it was for us to give up 52% shooting to Harden and scrubs.

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I'll happily eat crow. McHale is a good coach. He's got a brand new roster filled with 'kids', he's learning just as much as they are. He made some mistakes tonight like playing Aldrich extended minutes, and I still disagree with letting Douglas run point instead of playing him as a secondary ball handler, but for the most part he's done a good job with these guys.

We're the most inexperienced team in the league with the greatest roster turnover, we had a setback with the passing of McHale's daughter and we've got a headcase in Royce White and we're still above .500. This team is overachieving by any measure.

14. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

We're talking about possibly being in the play-offs this season in the West. If we were in the East we'd likely be in the discussion to make the ECF, and we've still got a lot of cap space and flexibility moving forward and a roster filled with upside.

Teams like Minnesota, Sacramento, Utah, Phoenix and New Orleans will be looking on at us in envy.

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Kevin mistakes...

1.Not playing jones.. why is cole playing over Jones ?

2.needs to play bigger rotation... we play uptempo

3.play some defence

16. Viola

Viola Member

Well said. It's time to give some credits to our coaching stuff. And btw, I'm a Lin fan also.

17. Viola

Viola Member

Fixed.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Kmav mistakes...

1. posting.

1 person likes this.
  19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

We need a coach that can see into the future so he will know when to make a substitution. Or a coach that can travel back in time to make a change in his rotation just before a player makes a blunder. However, there still isn't a guarantee that the new player he inserts will perform any better than the original player. Wow, this is really hard!!

What if the other team is just better, regardless of the rotation? Wait a minute, that's not possible. The coach can always manipulate his rotation so that his team wins. And if his team loses, it has to be the coaches fault. Right?

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

For as much confirmation bias LOFs complain about re: Lin, that is all I see when they b**** about Mchale.

#700 CXbby, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012