1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

get rid of the whole coaching staff and get new people like we did with our players

2. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Agreed. McFail is a complete and utter joke that has no business being anywhere near any NBA team in any capacity, just like Isiah.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Totally clueless and ignorant thread. You have nothing but your opinion. And you think your opinion is thread worthy? LOL, do not post threads without a reasonable fact based argument.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You truly are a 2012'er in every negative way. Stop trolling!

5. grunky

grunky Member

We are one game under .500 in spite of McFail.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

See the comment immediately above yours. I really do not like uniformed, ignorant positions.

7. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

No I'm not a 2012'er in any sense of the word as it is used on Clutchfans. In fact, I'm the exact opposite of a 2012'er in that I've hated the Knicks and anyone associated with them in any way for years. In fact, the only reason I even have any Knicks merchandise is because I bought it to give to a former friend from back when I was in college.

8. grunky

grunky Member

Sorry bud, learn basketball and get back at me. You are stinking up the forum with your sheer ignorance & unconditional love for a failure of a head coach. Get a room you two!!:eek:

9. grunky

grunky Member

P.S. Instead of name calling, how about you tell us WHY Mchale should stick around?

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

2012'er. LOL

11. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

I don't know why you persist in believing I'm something I'm not. But to each his own I guess.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

OK bad boy. Will you even have a response to my post? I bet you go hide under the bed.

Historically young teams are bad. The only under 25 year old team to post a winning record is the 2008-2009 Blazers. And they had a couple of really really good young players.

Coaching (per published NBA stat geeks presented at major NBA analytic conferences) only impacts 5% of total wins. A little more than 4 games a year.

The Rockets coaching staff has about 100 years of NBA experience. And how many years do you have.

Rockets assistant coaches have had interviews for NBA head coaching positions. Could you get an interview?

I could go on but I do not think it necessary.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Feb 2012'er. One major comment area - McHale coaching. No facts presented just "McFail". Opinions do not support an argument.

14. grunky

grunky Member

I'm sorry, but when you have to pull the "How many NBA Games have you coached?", or the "How many NBA HC jobs have you interviewed for?" card... You automatically LOSE. That is the dumbest thing anybody could say on a professional sports fan forum. So, you're telling me that because I have no NBA coaching experience, I am not qualified to recognize the mind boggling nature of Kevin McHale's coaching/strategic/rotation decisions? Take off the rose colored glasses. FanBoy.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yes. That is exactly what I am telling you. You do not have the knowledge or the understanding to judge the competence of a NBA coaching staff. There are no published stats. There is just fan opinions, most of which are just wrong. Unless you have spent hundreds of hours researching it, you are just presenting a testosterone fueled rant. You have zero facts. Therefore you have no argument. Simple, basic college philosophy and math.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

I agree with you, unless you are a coach and have been around coaching for a while/know the process. It is not impossible.

17. grunky

grunky Member

blah blah blah... your argument lacks substance. i cannot emphasize how much you lose.

18. munco

munco Member

Just because something was true years ago doesn't make it true now. It's very easy to repeat tired cliches over and over and believing it versus questioning things.

There was a time when being young meant you wouldn't win but in today's nba that is not necessarily true. Times change.

Look at okc three years ago. They won 50 games and their main players make our key players look like vets. Durant and Westbrook were 21. Harden and Ibaka were 20.

And you'll just blindly stick with a coaching staff no matter what? It's one thing to trust and believe its another thing to have rose colored glasses on. Anyone looking at our coaching this year can see it's inept. Probably the same people that thought Mike Brown was a good coach.

19. munco

munco Member

So how would suggest evaluating the coaching staff? According to you there are no stats so we don't have knowledge to say the coaching is terrible? What would justify firing a coach in your eyes? You are giving NBA execs and owners way too much credit. It's not rocket science. In most cases is we're not playing up to expectations and we should be wining more games. Time to fire the coach.

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

What specific strategic moves have you seen made by the coaching staff that makes you support them? If you are going only by experience and resumes, that is not sufficient justification. After all, look at all the experience and resumes from multiple people in each organization that made ALL NBA front offices pass on Lin, most multiple times. The fact that we have Lin here should make us all remember to judge people by performance, not just by "experience" and "interviews."