1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

alright, I'm calm now. When are we getting a new coach?

2. conquistador#11

I'd be more comfortable if Daryl just went poppa on everyone and declared himself our new head coach. I trust that man. He is a genius.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe a small genius.
    A bigger one would have already delivered a WC title by now. And I am not being overly demanding.

(Presti)

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You're welcome. What is so funny tho? You have already pointed out that Lin plays fine with Asik and Chandler. Why shouldn't he be able to play with D12? Their partnership even has the blessings of Dream.
    He was the one who wanted Royce White against everyone else' opinion.
    Possibly, but the TT is really good in defense and rebounding, so it has some merit. If TT is bad, TT with Bev is worse offensively. That's a real dumb move.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ If it plays out like Pop it would be amazin!!~~ :eek:

I don't think so tho, has Morey coached before at all?

Anyways, the guy who I think can take this team to another level is Jerry, disciplined, good in game, works well with small/big. Of course, given his history against the Rockets I dunno if it's feasible.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

I wouldn't mind if Morey helped the coaches with analytical insight during games at all. Or we could hire an assistant that focuses on analytics and pure Xs/Os and matchups. We know McHale struggles with that.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this reminds me of the talk surrounding mchale's hiring in the beginning, that he was only here on an interim basis until chris finch took over the reigns. makes me wonder if les & morey would just promote him midseason..

8. andersongo

andersongo Member

Oh, I don't doubt the man; the Timberwolves have just about got out of their 10 year long stroll in NBA desert and are now only recovering from the genius of McSuccess. But I still doubt that our COTY will purposefully relinquish his small ball BS and go for a stategy that even him knows has no chance to succeed. The twin Tower crap is a machination of Morey, a mere inflexion point in his never ending dealings.

9. NotChandlerParsons

I thought that's what Chris Finch is there for.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I don't get why people think twin towers is being forced upon by Morey when he's been on record as against it from the beginning...

#4590 redhotrox, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  11. andersongo

andersongo Member

That's before Asik gave Morey a reality check by threatening to force a trade if he were to become merely a back-up. Morey can change his tune faster than a Manchester DJ.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Well apparently he's either not doing much of it or McHale isn't really interested in his "analysis"

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

We'll see what happens tomorrow. This team's choosing to learn it the hard way.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

Don't remember a DJ with fast tunes when I was last in Manc. :p

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

patience ppl its only the beggining of the season..even miami big tree took 20 games to find some chemistry...i say we are doing great

16. Jovial

Jovial Member

This thread is the most popular one in the past 2 years. However, McFail is still here. Wish him got fired soon. No championship with this idiot.

17. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

There is definitely no big three here. Heck Howard/Harden pretty much equal "1" with their deficiencies on both ends. McHale is also no Spoelstra, there was no Pat Riley tutoring McHale for several years. Why we ever thought a GM who

I admire your positivity though, McHale's reign has drained most of the positivity out of me. I'm just left with the reality that is this mess of a team with no identity and no discipline.

I long for the days of Adelman,Hayes,Landry,Lowry,Scola etc. when this team was an underdog, but with a ton of heart. That's the Rockets I became a fan of, not this garbage.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and now, the morning after…

upon reflection, there were at least a dozen coaching blunders in the 4th Q of this game.

one would think mchale must be brain dead to commit so many consecutive F-ups. but of course, he will never own up to any of them. always blameless, he prefers throwing his players under the proverbial bus. a guy who can never learn from his own mistakes…….will basically pull the same **** season after season -- as we are witnessing.

19. nono

nono Member

We need a better coach. But who is available ?

20. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

DO IT NOW PLEASE