1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

For the towers to work since they're offensively limited is for bev/lin, Harden, and parsons to pressure their man more out on the wings and make them put in on the floor. They just need more commitment and effort and the offense lies with McHale to put forth an offense made specifically for that lineup which he has done none of the above I mean he's already starting to lose the players and it's becoming a free for all on the court.

If the front office is going to change coaches it's gotta be ASAP or risk more chemistry issues later in the season.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Lionel Hollins is very underrated. Memphis does not look like the same team or even a threat in the West. He would be nice here.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lack of effort is not a good problem to have. Rox think they are better than they are and feel like they can flip a switch and they are playing like it. The Rox play glorified street ball, that's it.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I knew this to be the case...Lionel Hollns is a good coach...but sorry we need a big name coach...George Karl seriously would be amazing...i would be very happy...

5. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Hyperbole? tell me at what point did McHale call some plays for the better? At what point did he even yell at the players when we let scrub SG look like MJ?
    6th place right now holds no value. All we beat were bottom feeders.

6. andersongo

andersongo Member

How has this belief that D'Antoni sucks become so prevalent? Granted, his team usually suck on the defensive end but D'Antoni has always been at his best when it comes to putting up a ton of points in rapid bursts. It's as if people forget that he is the man behind the SSOL Suns. One of the best offensive coaches around, it's just a pity that his style is not sustainable. McSuccess with his iso crap is simply not fit to lace his boots; no wonder he got outcoached big time.

7. pacmania

pacmania Member

Given the current lineup. And considering what Rick Adelman accomplished with a lineup of scrubs before a definite yes.

8. Penetrate&Creat

I knew this would get bumped lol

9. pacmania

pacmania Member

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I've been a supporter of McHale, but this TT lineup is putrid.

He must be getting pressure by upper management to start Asik, no one can be stupid enough to keep trying that ish.

11. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I just don't think he's the man for this team.
    But, I do wonder if all the talk about Harden never listening to him is true?

12. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

let this fly. after this one I am die hard mchale doubter, he MUST go.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So what has changed since this thread was started during the mediocre era of Lowry/Dragic?

He still is very bad at rotations. There doesn't seem to be any plays, sometimes you'll see one and wonder where it came from...

In-game situations? Are also bad.

Also he's not playing the matchup. Worried about people getting penetration when that should have been the goal is to let their guards flow into the paint every now and then, just guard the perimeter...instead he's trying to clog the paint as if the Lakers had any presence down there.

14. andersongo

andersongo Member

As for the twin towers crap, I don't think this is really McSuccess's doing. I think his hand is actually being forced by Morey and ownership to play Asik. This plan is bound to fail in the current perimeter-oriented NBA where most big men can actually shoot a mid-range at a decent clip. Also Dwight and Asik are far too similar, similar in that they have a very limited and near-identical skill set.
    All those issues were brought up in pre-season but some tried to rationalise them by imagining a world where Asik has the requisite fleet of feet to close down shooters and Dwight is a beast in the post. This is undoubtedly Morey's doing and if I was McSuccess I would have been rightly pissed that the TT crap is being pinned on me instead.

15. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

if he doesnt listen and mess up the plays, make sure he listen next time, make him accountable. miss JVG so much.

16. pacmania

pacmania Member

As much as Mcfail wanted " small ball" before now he is pushing for "tall ball". Never underestimate the genius of Mcsuccess.

17. lakers4lyfe

lakers4lyfe Member

you think mchale is bad? just take a look at mike dantoni and you will be happy with mchale

18. Mr. Space City

it's ridiculous. they played defense like the heat play defense. just collapse everything to shut down the paint. yet the heat don't have a DPOY center.

that's why the magic were so successful defensively despite have average to below average defenders.

go over all the screens. run everything off the 3pt throw line and funnel penetration into dwight. his presence alone is going to make defenders thing twice.

geez.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Kevin McHale did his job -- he got Dwight to Houston. Now it's time to move forward and get an elite head coach.

It's crazy to me that Stan Van Gundy is available. My only concern is he'll try to get his old Orlando guys on this team like Nelson and Anderson, but either way you'll see this team really take huge steps on defense and he demands respect and accountability. Plus he's JVG's bro.