1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol no coach would alternate starts in the 82 game regular season. He's gonna pick one to start the season, and then if 10-15 games in it doesnt look good, he might make a change. I honestly think Lin will still be the starter, but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

the coaching staff has one goal to win games and a championship....if their decisions turn out to be crap then complain...don't complain from the getgo....let's just wait and see how well our team plays before complaining and restarting this crap

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Oh noesssss....

Not the meek asian dude....*sniff sniff* NBA is not for the meek and the weak!

Were you not around when Rudy T benched Kenny Smith in favor of Sam Cassell towards the end of the 95-96 season? Yeah Kenny wasnt happy but you know what...tough luck.

Or how about Vernon Maxwell when he had to come off the bench once Clyde was aboard?

And you really dont want to bring Rafer and Gundy up. Terrible example! Gundy was fried on this board plenty of times for trusting Rafer a little too much.

Oh how plenty of us here wished daily that Gundy would bench Rafer.

Adelman and starter you say? Last I checked McGrady was a starter. We all know how that ended up.

#4163 Zboy, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Or perhaps Mark Jackson was actually traded to the Knicks, while you just want to talk out of your ass and proclaim something that you have no clue about.

Both Popovich and JVG benched a capable starter. In Pop's case, an all-star player. Are you going to tell me that both are incompetent head coaches?

Not even a r****ded 5 year old would start the likes of Moochie Norris or (old) Rod Strickland over Rafer Alston. What's your point? that JVG wasn't an idiot?

5. pacmania

pacmania Member

You wanted to say that Mark Jackson started over Charlie Ward and now you are saying he was traded to the knicks. we're talking about the rockets, maybe you just want to talk out of your ass.

How many starting pointguards in the NBA last season did not start in preseason?

6. timyeung

timyeung Member

Meek is a pretty strong word. Humble would be more accurate.

7. pacmania

pacmania Member

The point is Mchale is an SOB, but most white tea party boys don't care cause he's your SOB.

Been fun trolling y'all.:grin:

8. Rox7

Rox7 Member

I just bumped the bumped thread.

9. TDRox

TDRox Member

hey all you LOF GTFO you're not wanted here

10. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Ahhh this thread again

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hey, this board is getting full of trash and I'm looking for people to ignore. I chose you for bumping this thread. Put me on your ignore list, OK?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here we go again, it's Round 3.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

You do realize that JVG coached more than just the Rockets, right? Or are you saying JVG was a stupid coach who benched Charlie Ward when the Knicks traded for Mark Jackson back in NY?

Also, do you believe that Ginobili is a little p*ssy that took it when big bad horrible Popovich asked him to come off the bench?

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Pop didn't bench Ginobili in the first ever pre-season game played in Uruguay.

I read many years ago a coach would do something similar. A bench player who regularly played a few minutes got no minute when he played his first game in his hometown. Mean dude.

Funny how some people think that being upset after being trolled means someone is like a little girl or b****ing or whiny or something negative like that. It's flakking normal to be upset if trolled! There's nothing selfish about it. It's trolling, not just not catering to fans. Of course, trolls like to defend one of their own like that. I see.

15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lin fanboys make this site unbearable. Its a shame really because Lin is a good player and good person. Ive never thought i would want a player i like traded before just to get rid of his trash fanboys.

1 person likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Oh no our starting unit has looked amazing the last two games!!!! Fire the coach.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

McHale was a Celtic, he knows that Red used to bring Havlecek off the bench as 6th man, let the man experiment in the preseason.

DD

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

McHale himself was a 6th man his first 5 years in the league.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

ISO tired...
    ISO tired of LOF/LOH....
    ISO glad we kicked Royce out...
    ISO glad Rockets are playing b-ball...
    ISO tired...

20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

To be honest, I have doubts about McHale's coaching ability that stem beyond how he treats Jeremy Lin.

Since he has come aboard the one stretch where I can say the team did well do to coaching decisions might be last season's playoffs. Other then that, it seemed like he mainly just relied heavily on giving the ball to our top guys and telling them to go make plays, to me he overloaded the plates of guys like Lowry, Dragic, Scola and Harden and did nothing to develop or share the load outside the lone exception that is Chandler Parsons. It is kind of like 80% of the time the team is playing without a clear cut plan on how to run any type of scheme. Which usually leads to the late regular season crashes that we've had in the last two seasons, the first of which knocked us out of the playoffs in the final weeks and last season we went from being 6th or 7th seed to falling to the 8th due losing critical and winnable games in the final stretch.

Some say that is just up tempo that the Rockets like to run but to me these late collapses are more on coaching. The team can't win if they have no options outside of one gimmick and while Howard should help, I don't think he will radically change things outside of the coach now being obligated to keep at least one legit defensive on the floor.

I'm willing to give him a shot to prove me wrong this season especially with all the talent this team has but I would like to see better coaching offensively and defensively then we have seen, because his previous level isn't going to get the Rockets over the hump even with the talent we have acquired.