1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

At this point, the only people who negrep are moderators.....and no, I did not do it this time....tho I would have if I had been online when you bumped it.

What does that mean for you? This thread did not need to be bumped to discuss the same exact thing that is being discussed in at least 4 other threads....and whichever mod gave that to you was saying you should not have bumped a old thread when your thoughts could have gone in any number of much newer/relevant threads.

2. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

i will agree with this if you can actually find me an example of a thread that's equally (or relatively) long that isn't quality or brings up an important perspective.

3. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Go send hustle_town to your ignore list
    and stop feeding this thread.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The problem is that after doing a relatively good job of coaching last year and apparently being one of the reasons the best center in the NBA signed in Houston, you think the issue of McHale being fired should be brought back up due to him starting Beverley over Lin in a preseason game.

What if this particular lineup proves to be the best one for this team and the Rockets go deep into the playoffs due to it? Should he still be fired?

How is McHale (or any coach) supposed to be able to fine tune his team to maximize their potential if he can't try things in the preseason?

2 people like this.
  5. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

trying to be efficient and not redundant. why dont i just start a new 'fire mchale' thread or 'trade ideas' thread or 'what should we do with asik thread'?

because every time you start a new thread, you get new posters, or posters who haven't seen previous threads, chime in on a conversation. to conitnue one thread is to hold people accountable (as much as possible) to what they say.

that's the problem with message boards in general. you love harden one day, you hate him the next. and people trying to bring in logical discussion waste their time and energy debating a redundant thread.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, we should fire the coach since the team is playing so well.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Last response to this:

You seem to have totally missed my point.

This discussion can and should go into any number of already existing threads that were already on the first page instead of bumping a thread that was months old over a preseason experiment. Bobrek nailed it...this is a preseason game and if you want to experiment with different lineups to see how they work together in a real game situation(not practice or scrimmage) what better time to do it than in a preseason game.

Whether you like Mchale or not is immaterial......this thread was bumped due to a decision he made THAT IS ALREADY BEING DISCUSSED IN MULTIPLE THREADS.

Do you understand now?

8. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

sometimes it's not what you do, it's how you do it. that's why nba coaches who make the playoffs get fired a decent amount. just like lin isn't the right "fit" for the starting lineup, mchale is not the right coaching "fit" for a championship caliber team.

McHale wasn't brought in to win championships, he was brought in to be the bridge between the old roster(s) and new roster.

As I said previously, he has a 4 year deal, but that 4th year is a team option. That basically means this is his "walk" year.

By not offering an extension, Morey and co. aren't sold on his coaching abilities. I guess they're willing to give him a shot since he "earned" it by decently coaching the ever in-flux morey rosters. But if they really wanted stability, they'd give him 3 more years right now, which they aren't even willing to extend his 4th year option.

However, this is a business of winning and there are a slew of coaches who would be willing to coach this team to the next level. Cut ties with mchale now, bring the veteran coach or finch or whoever can take this team to the next level. And by next level, i don't mean the 2nd round of the playoffs, because most coaches, with the talent on this roster, could probably do that.

9. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

you're also probably a texans fan who is going to stick with gary kubiak because "hey, the texans made the playoffs of couple times."

meanwhile let's pass up on jim harbaugh, pete carroll, sean payton, andy reid, etc etc.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Apples to freaking watermelons, bro.

You don't get it, and that's fine, but please stop spewing your nonsense about McHale. None of us can see the future, so stop acting like you know what McHale can and can not accomplish as a head coach.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Obviously I'm being sarcastic about the length of pages, but here is a few threads that wore out their welcome before the first reply. You leave a LOF Vs. LOH thread open long enough, its like a bad dream that just doesn't end-

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229170&highlight=jeremy+overrated

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=237422&highlight=jeremy+overrated

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229441&highlight=jeremy+overrated

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242071&highlight=mcfail

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=237202&highlight=mcfail

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=237212&highlight=fire+mchale

Obviously people here love to start threads just to push peoples buttons..... and it works unfortunately.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is not the place for this discussion, but the texans are playing awful. Totally different situation.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I dont agree at all and think we are VERY lucky to have mchale. VERY LUCKY.

That said I appreciate you making your argument and you have a right to feel the way you do as much as I have a right to as well.

Sorry but mchale could have benched jeremy a long time ago for some of the crap lin has done or hasnt done and he hasnt. But he is going to go with lin and if thats what you want rest easy.

14. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

oh the irony. you just proved my redundancy point with this last line.

15. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

there's a reason why this thread is 200+ pages bro. I'm not the only one on this site that doesn't like mchale (and it's not only "12ers" either).

McHale's track record as head coach is not a secret either. And let me give you a hint as to how he's performed in the past. It rhymes with bad.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why did you bring up this thread again?

17. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

trying to have a legitimate discussion with some members on this board and still getting neg repped. what a joke.

"Sure, for bumping a "Fire McHale" thread after a 20-point win over one the league's best teams. Enjoy more negative rep -- you deserve it for that reaction."

you don't get it and that's fine but stay out of the discussion, since that's what it is. I've seen far worse on this board.

18. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Whoa, whoa, let me get this straight - you bumped this thread about firing McHale, two games into the PRESEASON because the coach isn't catering to the fans?

[​IMG]

Seriously, catering to the fans? Let's forget the fact that the Rockets (as a TEAM) looked great in this game. You're telling me a coach's responsibility is to please fans? And McHale should be fired for not doing this? I could forgive you for unnecessarily bumping this thread, but I can't forgive you for your absurd comment.

1 person likes this.
  19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't see a legitimate discussion considering the fact that the Rockets just dominated.

Would it be a legitimate discussion if I started a thread saying "Lin sucks" after he puts up 30/5/5?

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

McHale has been great for this team...and Im 100% on board with him as the coach moving forward.

This thread did not need to be bumped because bumping it at this point in time does not make any sense.