1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Anybody but McHale.
    I'll even take Mike ****ing Brown.

2. Danpan

Danpan Member

I really do feel Mchale negatively impacted harden growth this year. Excessive minutes that only padded his stats. Didn't keep him accountable, didn't draw out plays to help him understand the game better to develop other parts of his game, too much iso which didn't help him build better chemistry with his teammates. I also think he stunted the growth of other players on the team too, especially Lin, Jones, Smith.

3. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Yeah, we should sit Harden for a whole quarter, and when he comes back, have Lin ballhog for 20 seconds of the shotclock, only to pass him the ball with 4 seconds remaining over and over again and see what happens.

4. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

When Lin came back in, he was a 4/9 shooting, with 2/5 from 3s and 4 FT attempts, and a 6/1 Ass/TO ratio, you call that sucking? He came back into the game cold, was given the ball in some bad spots, unwisely forced up shots, but before the 4th, he had been playing well.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If he cannot control his best player, he needs to go.

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Even the LOHs like ReekoHtown who support McHale simply because LOFs don't like McHale have finally realized being a McHale apologist just to **** on LoFs just isn't worth it anymore.

When LOFs and LOHs can agree on something, it has to be truth.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Oh man, I've absolutely been a huge Mchale supporter. But DAMN, what was that **** tonight. It was was almost comical how horrible we looked.

8. haydenfisher342

Mchale here is a secret, small ball works, when you get the rebound

9. Star

Star Member

I bet this thread will be the busiest in the off season :p

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

For a guy who's always attributing our losses to the ball getting "sticky," he sure runs a lot of ISOs.

11. Peter713

Peter713 Member

This!

Every time when I started to think that he might not be that bad, he quickly proved I was wrong. Good work, McFail!

12. brick

brick Member

Did you watch the game ? I thought we were going to blow out LAL during the 3rd quarter when we led by 10 pts, and then McHale made a sub and we went straight downhill from there. Lin was out for more than 10 game minutes and put back in around 6min mark during the 4th quarter when momentum was completely reversed. Nice job coach !

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

I always wondered that maybe the amount of freedom he gives such a young team isn't good. Typically you give that freedom to a team with a veteran PG. But our PG is

Lin was 4-9 with 6 assits & 1 TO in his last break. McHale sits him for 12 minutes & Lin comes back in & is cold, & Harden passes to him for contested looks with 4 seconds left on the clock like twice. How do you sit a guy for that long? Lin's issue in the 4th was TO's that was where he was foolish, also missing those FT's earlier. I think he choacked a little. But he had a terrific play passing to Parsons for that 3 to take it to overtime.

Harden was just as bad, leaving his teammates out to dry passing to Lin & parsons repeatedly for bad looks at the end of the clock, turnining it over, absurd lob passes that Omer has no chance of getting, let Jodi Meeks blow by him for a wide open dunk, forcing the issue way to much & not feeding Parsons early enough who was hot in the 3rd. Harden also chocked.

But it wasn't because of these guys we lost. McHale with that moronic small ball line up. Leaving guys like Beverly out there for way to long when it is clear that Beverly is way to foul prone & wasn't playing well. When the Rockets got into foul trouble so early in the fourth I knew we were done. That is why I said McHale should have put his starters in at the beginning of the fourth. Dantoni had his starters in because he knew he had all the momentum & McHale failed to see that.

McHale pulled a Dwayne Casey tonight, got out coached by Mike Dantoni. Embarrassment.

2 people like this.
  14. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

If Lakers get dump in the first round and Lakers fire DAntoni, would you take him? He certainly knows small ball and knows guard play. Not to mention his relationship with Lin.

15. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

UNDER HIS COACHING, THIS TEAM HAS NEVER WON A OVERTIME.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

words could not describe what the rockets tried to call "Basketball".

17. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

10 minutes on the bench and expect he to come back with high FT%.
    Good coach.

18. torocan

torocan Member

Let me see... without getting into the minute substitutions (which I thought were whack), here's some of the errors McHale made...

1) Going/staying small ball with Dwight AND Pau on the floor. Really? I mean, REALLY? So, you give up any hope of rebounding AND give them a free run at the rim. Genius. Wow, I had no idea the way to beat the Twin Towers was to just pretend that they don't exist. :eek:

2) Calling the EXACT same play EVERY time out of a time out at the end of the game. Could he actually call a NEW play from a time out that everyone and their kid brother won't see coming a billion miles away?

JVG: If I was D'Antoni, I'd shade whoever is setting the pick for Harden, since he's just going to take the hand off and shoot anyway. Oh look... a hand off back to Harden. :mad:

3) McHale not calling a time out until the ENTIRE lead is gone. Pops sees 2 or 3 bad plays or a 4 or 5 point swing and he calls a time out to either make subs or settle players down. McHale? He'll wait until the entire lead is gone... IF you're lucky. If you're unlucky he'll call a time out after the lead is gone AND the team is 10 points in the hole.

I wish I could say that I'm shocked at the poor in game coaching, but at this point I'm way past anger and into resignation. :(

2 people like this.
  19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Beverly was helping to get momentum back in Rox favor before he brought a cold Lin back in. Bad recognition and management on McHale part.

20. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Backpedalling.

Obvious.

It's just you guys finally realize you look ****in stupid for being a McHale apologist. When all you wanted to do was be a LOFH.

1 person likes this.