1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

At some point you have to pull Harden aside and tell him not to hold the ball for 20 seconds and pass with 4 left. Its a complete disservice to Chandler Parsons and everybody else who played off their asses tonight. And before the Lin idiots say Mchale sucks because he "Let Lin get cold", just stfu, Lin sucked ass tonight and thats on him too.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

A J.O. goaltend from coaching the Rockets out of the playoffs on inexcusable collapses, two straight seasons.

That wasn't a fluke there.

Small ball one up for the collapse

3. gengar

gengar Member

This is THE worst coach I've ever seen.....

can we ask Clutch to sticky this thread?

4. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

I lost my cool/patience sorry McHale... BTW I don't get it when he say move the ball then when he calls time out he draws a play for ISO and I'm like wtf?!

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

MOF spotted. Only mistake? What about playing Delfino at 4 against Gasol? LOL

6. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lin
    started

4/9

0/5 - 3 shots were with 4 sec. left on the clock/ missed WIDE open 3

7. AvgJoe

That is the thing. ISO stops the ball, but he asks everyone to move the ball. So it is like asking everyone to throw something into the black hole and expect no return.

8. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

this was the first game that I actually questioned McHale... how he started with small ball at the beginning of the 4th. About a minute in it was clear it wasn't working, and I think we already had 2-3 fouls.

But what's done is done. Hopefully we win a couple games against the Thunder.

9. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

that huge stretch where neither Lin or Harden were on the floor.... cost us the game

10. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You know why Mchale needs to be gone? Because once this team actually matures and reaches their prime, Mchale wont know how to make adjustments to maximize the roster and he wont know how to run any plays to finish in clutch situations. This is why if hes here this team isnt going anywhere in the playoffs

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

mchale is trash.

12. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Coach Mchale

I don't post much. But after watching tonight's Lakers game, I come to that conclusion that I agree with most posters here. Coach McHale does not have the ability to coach in NBA level.

Does McHale know any X and O plays coming out of a time out? Seems like after every time out, its always iso. And during the course of the season, it failed more often then it worked. But yet, McHale keep calling iso, to a point that, as in overtime tonight, if iso is not working with Harder, lets try it with Parsons. And Lakers shot it down everytime. McHale made D'Antoni job so easy. Opposing coach know what would come out after a time out and therefore know how to draw up defense accordingly.

Tell me if I am wrong. I will be a much happier Rockets fan if I am proven wrong.

1 person likes this.
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

WE WANT PHIL!

14. AvgJoe

McHale needs to go because no Star players after watching this game would want to come to Houston.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

McHale needs to be fired not for bad coaching but for overplaying his superstar

16. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Thank you soooo much for posting this and letting us know how you feel. Im glad you made a whole new thread too otherwise I would have definitely missed this gem.

1 person likes this.
  17. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

overtime play

Harden throws in the inbound pass

Lin tries to pick DWIGHT HOWARD for smith ,LOL

nobody open

use last timeout

thats your coach of the year

18. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Guys, but this team is young, and he lead them to the playoffs! Give this guy an extension on his contract for that sole reason.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't think he was bad until today.

He can't control his young players especially Harden.

He should be fired

20. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member