1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Please get him out of here after this year, Im sick of this bull

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What does Mchale and the scarecrow have in common?

No brains.

3. Mr. Space City

mchale is the one who practices harden-iso ball at the end of games.

it's a simple strategy my little niece could come up with.

you have to have some sort of ball movement to get a better shot than hold on the ball 20 secend and throw up a 3.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We should fire him after this game and roll with Sampson for the playoffs.

5. munco

munco Member

He can have us at least go for a friggin 2 for 1 when we have the ball down one with 40 seconds left.

He can run something other than an ISO after he calls a timeout. He switched up his play calling after a timeout once by having Parsons go ISO instead of Harden.

Games often come down to the wire and when your coach does dumb things like not go for 2 for 1 and he doesn't have us run anything other than the predictable ISO, you're usually going to lose. This loss is on him more than any player. He put us in position to FAIL.

6. SirKen

SirKen Member

I am game with this. Sampson at least showed that he could learn from his failures. I don't expect that with McHale.

7. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

You're right, but what the coach CAN do is to yell at or bench your star player for holding onto the ball for 20 seconds straight EVERY POSSESSION at the entire end of the 4th quarter and during the entire overtime.

The coach can also draw players that can get your team easy buckets. Or how bout not sitting your starter for AN ENTIRE QUARTER after he was heating up before. McHale is a MORON of a person and should not be anywhere near a head coach position. Again, his daughter's death has no tie to his employment. He needs to go. NOW.

8. Redmark

Redmark Member

No way. That was true in the first half, when Lin was bricking open shots. That's fine, not McHale's fault. In the second half they just stopped moving. They basically didn't take any good shots, it was disaster after disaster.

9. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

That thought gave me a tingling sensation.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Jeremy Lin was playing awful today. Mchales only mistake here was he played Jeremy Lin in the final minutes of the game when he was playing bad. He should of played Beverly. Other than that the refs helped the Lakers.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I was laughing at the shot during the Timeout on the out of bounds play...Lakers call time out after James makes 2 FTs...Mchale starts to draw something on the board...and Sampson starts talking and the players huddled up...im sorry, but tonights display from the Headcoach of a playoff bound team is the definition of a choke job...Houston should have been the 6th seed...but terrible coaching led to the back to back loss at PHX and LAL...

12. trowa2

trowa2 Member

season is over, im still not a mchale supporter. bring in collins please.

13. brick

brick Member

McHale took Lin out too early in the 3rd quarter when we had a 10pt lead and then played Beverly for 10+ minutes until around 6min mark in the 4th when LAL had gotten hot and a lead. What a reversal ! He is the coach of the year LOL. I wonder how underrated Rockets' talents are in order to get in the playoffs despite their coach.

14. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Lin was 4-9 6Assists 1TO when he went out. When he came back after 12 minutes, he was ice cold.

15. trowa2

trowa2 Member

doug collins for defense, stan van gundy for offense please

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think i know what the problem is: Mchale gives them too much freedom to do what they want. That would be a great strategy if he had a vet team, but He is coaching a college team.

Where a vet team would probably hate Mchale for talking to much I think such a young team would be well served with more structure.

17. Epik

Epik Member

McHale likes to pull Lin whenever he gets going and then tosses him in cold when the 11 point lead gets swallowed up. Consistently bad rotations, subs, and plays this season should've seen him fired long ago.

Keeping Harden iso'ing when he's 8/25 all game and constantly messing up in clutch situations is just poor, no excuses.

18. Rocket_Man_2.0

I'll meet you guys outside Toyota center..get your pitchfork and torches ready!! Fire Mchale!!
    [​IMG]

19. trowa2

trowa2 Member

harden only*

20. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Mchale is an idiot. Yet all the "experts" are listing him as coach of the year candidate, because they don't f watch rockets game! They assume to lead a young team into playoffs is a remarkable achievement by the coach. But everyone who follows the rocket this whole season knows how the team chocks in clutch time by pure harden ISO plays, and mchale's ridiculous rotation.