1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When you respond but cutting off what I said just to prove a point, you already know you are wrong. I clearly said maybe we don't know time will tell. Also Bickerstaff is a Mchale protege we don't know how much more different than Mchale he will be. Again time will tell.

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You mean the people calling to fire him didn't have the foresight to see what would happen in his stead? I'm amazed that such a lucid group could be responsible for such an oversight.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No thats not what I mean. The people who wanted Mchale fired WANTED A REAL COACH NOT JB BICKERSTAFF. So saying "Here you got your wish" is not true it's just people who are angry that Mchale is gone trying to use this as an opportunity to attack the people who wanted a better coach. Birckerstaff likely won't last this year because he is still running the same system. However he is still a slight upgrade over Mchale in in-game situations and defense. Will that be enough? I don't know. I wish we did get Thibs or Van Gundy but we didn't. So therefore I wish Bickerstaff the best eventhough he is not what I wanted because I want the Rockets to win.

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You think that team's have negotiations to the point of having a coach ready to go the moment you fire the coach? The interim coach being the lead assistant promoted has always been the convention. They'll fire JB, just give it time.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah I know, Unless the team starts winning which doesn't look likely.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I feel like our continued struggles actually proved McHale's (or Morey's) system is the problem.

The players have been playing with good energy and seem to be more focused, taking these games serious. Still, we struggle.

If the problem was the players weren't playing with enough energy, but now are why hasn't everything turned around?

It's because the problem isn't the players energy, it's the system. Anybody for a second who tries to connect firing McHale with our system being instantaneously changed is being beyond naive.

We are running the same exact system, firing McHale was just a slap on the back of the head to our players saying "You better wake the F up". JB was the defensive coordinator underneath McHale, who in the world would expect him to fix our offense over night?

JB may have some ideas on what he wants to change but this will be a learning experience for him and will take way more then a couple of games.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant wait another game. FIRE THE BICKER STAFF! KIDNAP POPVICH AND FORCE HIM TO COACH THIS TEAM!

8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

You need time to beat the Knicks? You are a genious. A very patient genius!!!

9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team needs someone with personality! Stop wasting time. We need a coach now. What are we waiting for? Thibs NOW!!!!!!

10. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Out of the playoffs, Bickerstaff is worthless.

McHale was a better coach.

11. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Its all about looks according to one of the so called experts here. JB looks better on the sideline, therefor he is a better coach, LOL.

Oh, by the way, JB's post game comments centered around "we have to play more physical".

I guess he looks better saying the same things we heard before.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Haha ... play harder. JB has instituted some adjustments, we didn't shoot so many 3s this game, players just suck this year. Mental, loss of confidence

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Bickerstaff is not the answer. I just read an article on chron.com about Bickerstaff saying that the Rockets won't change shooting too many 3's. He said shooting a lot of 3's will be the key to their offense. WTF? Is that really what he's thinking that will fix the Rockets' problems, then all my hopes for this team is officially over.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bring in Bernie Bickerstaff, the REAL Bickerstaff. The other Bickstaff is not ready to lead the coaching staff.

15. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

I would love for one of you NBA analysts to do some research and tell us what are the odds of a team firing the head coach after 11 games( or so) and replacing him with a rookie coach who is his number one assistant...

1)what are the odds they will win a ring?
    2) what are the odds they will win WCF?
    3) what are the odds they make it to WCF?
    4) what are the odds they make it past the first round?

While you are at it, please explain the logic of firing the coach that took you to WCF the previous year and replacing him with a disciple?

Scratching my head over this.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would just like to remind everyone that I at one time posted the idea of firing a head coach after each loss. It would at least be entertaining, especially late in the season when we turned to high school coaches and what-have-you.

Additional lulz for 1-day coaching contracts.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You have to admit though, it is funny when someone gets fired. . . .

I was playing GSW in the Finals, in NBA 2016, and in the first quarter I called time out and fired Bickerstaff! Everyone was like ":confused:" and I was like ":cool:." We lost the game, but it was so funny when the guy got fired. And his wife cared! So I called her low class. Denied!

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

just face the facts, this season is already over. We're at best going to make the 8th seed without a draft pick. JB will be here until next off-season.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Let's face it: watching the highest % of wins for the past five years was BORING. I want a lower win % starting NOW.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Guess again. Also the New York Giants won a Superbowl with Kevin Gilbride and the Run and Shoot.