1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Who's worse? Byron Scott?

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

The roster is pretty much right & the attitude is much improved.

What this team needs now is a training camp :(

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Exactly

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

JB is just emotional. He's friends with the players... he won't be able to challenge those guys how they need to be challenged to get to the next level. Everyone is in their comfort zones. I don't understand how he says he's a defensive coach... I don't see the Rockets even trying to play defense. If Smith starts you have 4 good defenders around Harden.

5. dmoneybangbang

Yikes.... we need some spelling bees in this thread to sort out the casual fans from the intelligent fan....

[​IMG]

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale was not FAR Better than JB. Atleast they don't do that insane 2-3 zone against shooters who can shoot. Mchale was an idiot.

7. dmoneybangbang

Dang...... a coach worse than McHale..... Hell done froze over.....

[​IMG]

8. dmoneybangbang

Whoops, you think McHale was better. My apologies.... You get a more bad ass pic....

[​IMG]

9. dmoneybangbang

*wasnt, im drunk... someone take my keys...

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Rockets have had several training camps with this coaching staff.

(The fact McHale isn't the head coach is irrelevant since the whole 'cut off the head and another takes its place' applies here as they're all the same no system type coach)

The Rockets need a completely new training staff heading into the pre-season.

Only when we have a coach who can implement any semblance of a defensive or offensive (I'd like both - but one is at least better than what we have now) system can we begin to improve and see the results this much talent should be showing.

11. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Insane 2-3 zone agains shooters?

JB: Can you explain me more about that? Did I miss something...

13. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I don't disagree that the free-flowing offense needs more structure for us to be successful; JB & McHale can both implement that but don't for reasons the board has discussed plenty. But that's not the point I was making.

My point is that the Rockets can still get exponentially better at this time with a training camp of sorts.

They didn't have a decent one at the start of this season and here's why and how we know:

1) Our players were hardly engaged until recently and played like crap in the preseason games
    2) We had a lot of injuries during training camp and the preseason games
    3) McHale was fired predominantly because of a bad training camp where no training happened - led to losing those 7 games with an out of sync roster
    4) Josh Smith has not had even one training camp with the team
    5) Brewer's only training camp with us was this year's crappy one
    6) Last year's training camp had lots of Tarik Black, Dorsey & Papanilkolau who ended up contributing during the first part of that season; this year's group have still not formally learned to play with each other after a dis-engaged training camp. This roster has basically learned to play with each other on the fly

So, yes, we badly need a training camp right now with a competent roster that is finally starting to care about games

Not that it matters because we obviously cannot have one, unless it's over all-star break or something.

#593 srrm, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Don't need to fire the coach, they need new players, improvements at the trade deadline. Morey is going to be one busy dude on February and probably will be the most stressed GM this year. I hope it will be worth it.

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

A training camp is the least of our issues right now.

As always, I have no solution.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The coach does not know what to do when you have a bunch of new players.

17. BackdoorHarden

NO ONE can be as bad as B SCOTT>

He's tanking 2 years in a row.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It would not be smart for Daryl Morey to keep JB next year if he cherishes his job. Especially with Thibs out there who we all know Harden listens to.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't see how defense could get any worse. JB is not over his head, the guy is dead and buried. He's so out of his league I actually feel sorry for him.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too many good coaches out there this up coming off-season to stand pat. Unless JB has a clutch city 6th seed run up his sleeve they must make the change.

I want to say, I don't think JB is a bad coach. He just took over a mess of a team so it's hard to really tell. It's like the opposite of Luke Walton. I'm not sure Luke Walton is a good coach...he just took over a team that already knew what it was doing while JB has taken over a team that was in shambles and was asked to fix it and save the season for a team with championship aspirations...I mean that is just begging for failure.

Hopefully JB will try working under some other good coach like SVG or Kerr or Pop because he clearly IMO seems to really have the passion for coaching.