1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey...please stop with this experiment...

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Can we trade him at the deadline for a pick?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bickerstaff received an "excellent" early grade from Morey.

"We committed to him to go through this season," Morey said. "We're obviously going to have a tough decision. And he's very good - he'll have a tough decision, too."

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We're more than halfway through the season. JB ain't going anywhere. I just hope Thibs doesn't commit to the Nets or any other team before the offseason.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

This guy isnt teaching anything on defense and its very apparent.

They are doing things an NBA team shouldnt be doing with the talent that is on this team.

The back door cuts
    The Rebounding
    Running back on Defense

You can tell this team has no clue when they continued to let Dwight get matched up on a guard in OT. You can let that happen in a game that close

6. ibm

ibm Member

i think the bickerstaff experiment, if we can call it one, has and should come to an end now.

under mchale, our defense wasnt great but at least decent. this yr., under the defensive expert jbb, our d has literally become laughing stock. what was the last team w/ such a laughable defense that you can recall?

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

that hacking was a fire-able offense to me. Just idiotic all around. Who cares if you tie the game up with 10 minutes left go go in the third. All it did was get us in the penalty , put guys in foul trouble, and make us score against a set defense. There was literally no long term upside.

the only way its defend-able is if he did it to try and motivate the team maybe by saying , " well if you dont wanna play D then we'll put him on the line. "

but if that's the case he has no faith his team can defend, and frankly if he has to do that to motivate them hes lost the team.

The worst thing is that he came out at halftime with that PLAN ?? so he had a fewe minutes to think it through and this is what he comes up with.

Side note / I was actually elated to see KJ in there at the beginning i thought we were gonna play small to match up with Morris and Ersan to keep them off the line. KJ is an athletic defender .... thats what i thought we'd do

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I mean you straight hacked for fair amount of time and still gave up 67 points in the second half

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would have been a bigger blowout without the fouls.

This team just cannot take a break

10. dmoneybangbang

So you would fire Pop or Carlisle or Doc? It got us back in the game but we then blew it with our defense. It was a tactic that simply didn't work out in this instance.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It was stupid , there's not a good reason

Who cares if we get blown out , maybe then KJ and Montrezl could have gotten more time .

Its pointless to try and get the game close when you are only down 8 at half

12. dmoneybangbang

JB isn't a bad coach, it's way too soon to get an accurate feel for him. However, I'd be surprised if he's head coach next year simply because there should be coaches on the market with playoff experience in the offseason.

I'd be careful in wishing for Thibs. Just because he's a defensive minded coach, he may not be a good fit.

13. dmoneybangbang

I'm sure the Roxs wanted to take the lead and force Detroit to sit Drummond.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's pointless to try and make up a deficit? :eek:

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We weren't out of the game . We won the second quarter . It was a bad move , what if i told you we played defense differently because we were in foul trouble from the hacking.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We still played horrible defense in the 4th quarter when we weren't hacking so your statement is likely incorrect. It was a desperate gambit that actually worked, partly because Drummond is the worst free throw shooter in the NBA, and the Rockets defense without Dwight was pitiful.

I recall a game last April where Poppovich continually sent Dwight and Josh Smith to the foul line. Does Pop suck too?

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

it didn't work .... our probability of winning a game tied with 22 minutes left is virtually the same as down 8 or 9 with 22 minutes left. We got back into it because we hit some threes.

we also got into foul trouble , which maybe caused us to play defense too tentatively in the 4th ??

Pop is a genius , the times at and the reasons for which he hacked are a lot different from what JB did

18. Nook

Nook Member

Bickerstaff running his mouth about how the Rockets can beat anyone on any given night and in a playoff series... The Rockets are 20-20.... Give it a rest "JB"... Where the hell is this arrogance coming from? REALITY CHECK!

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hehehe. Not arrogance, entitlement from last years fluke success.

20. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I honestly feel that on any given night the Rockets can beat any team with 50/50 odds, other than Golden State who has our number. The record even reflects this. Depends on what team shows up that day.