1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

This team doesn't have shooters. He's just playing the crappy hand he was dealt.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

It's because Morey is on the hot seat and he damn well should be. This is atrocious.

3. OpportunityCost

I've always thought this. Aside from all of his ridiculous outfits, he always seems to have great insights into what should be happening on the floor.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They had to fire McHale. Did you see how badly they were playing in those first 11 games? Even in that 4 game winning streak, they still didn't look that good. And the rest of the time, it was downright embarrassing. They were routinely getting booed off the floor by their own fans(and deservedly so).

Now as for why they kept JB? I'm guessing they couldn't find someone else to take over and perhaps didn't know for sure what they wanted to do next. Maybe they figured they'd keep the same team and hope that the shock of a head coach being fired 11 games in(and after a WCF appearance) would get them to focus and play harder. Or they were hoping that history repeated itself and they'd find another Rudy T sitting on the bench. Or they thought that the team getting Dwight back for every game and D-Mo back from his surgery would turn things around.

Clearly none of that has panned out. We're nearly halfway through the season, so obviously the massive dropoff in defense is not an aberration. This is a bad defensive ballclub. Harden's struggles are not due to a rough start or a Kardashian curse. He's having a subpar season. Lawson is not fitting in. D-Mo may need a year before he's himself again. Brewer's season a year ago was a fluke. Jones will never be a quality 4. Ariza is on the decline. Capela is still young and raw. Harrell needs a lot more time in the D-League. And JB is no Rudy T.

The problem is you're not gonna find a veteran coach to take over now. It's too chaotic. Unfortunately we're likely stuck with JB the rest of the way. But if there's one positive that can come out of this nightmare season, it's that Morey will never again buy into that ridiculous notion that a head coach is only worth 5 wins. I'd say this year has pretty much dropped an atomic bomb on that theory.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The biggest thing I fault JB on is that his rotations/substitutions are beyond awful.

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This season is still savable if we get a good coach

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, that's the problem though. George Karl seems to be one of the only veteran coaches who'll take over a team halfway through a season and he's already employed by the Kings. Who he took over in the middle of last year(go figure).

I just can't see Thibs stepping in right now. And JVG may not even wanna coach anymore. Who does that leave? A bunch of assistant coaches around the league? They ain't risking their head coaching careers on this mess. They'll wait til the offseason when they have a better idea of what kind of situation they're stepping into.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is just not up to the challenge of this team and their chemistry personality issues.

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think only a HOF type coach can ignite Harden's passion and we probably are going for a young coach again.

So not looking good and I might pass on Harden as the leader.

10. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

He would likely make sure his players are accountable on both ends of the floor even if they have to sit and watch this crap like fans do.

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Jb should go with McHale

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Moreys fault.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am not kidding I think Calvin would make a GREAT coach, and he would have the players respect.....and he KNOWS the game better than most players that play the game.

DD

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Oh he will be gone trust me. But the Rockets firing 2 coaches during the same regular season would be considered a PR disaster and a joke. As in Cleveland Browns bad. That's why it's not going to happen until the offseason. Fully expect Morey to get a competent HC in the summer

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This is unacceptable. Stop throwing away the season and get a real effing coach. We should chant stuff to Morey at the games

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Wasting seasons are worse than firing two coaches in a season. Remember the wasted primes of Andre Johnson and JJ Watt (in progress). This is what we are dealing with

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Morey hasn't even tweeted anything in a week. I hope he's out finding a real coach.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The last time Morey tweeted is for Khole Kardanshian???

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is the last time Morey's tweet I can remember.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So down for Murph...