1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Evan Mobley as a Cleveland Cavaliers thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 29, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is a coincidence that KPJ was a Cavaliers player and they successfully got rid of him. :eek:

Jontro and steddinotayto like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes he is crafty and intelligent which makes it even harder to understand why he keeps reaching on every perimeter guy he gets switched out on.

This has nothing to do with being a rookie, it's HS level stuff, and he keeps doing it when he has several fouls on him.

Yeah, that is ****ed up considering how smart he looks on offense.

Why does he continually do it, what do you think he needs to learn that he has not learned yet?

I have little issues with his aggressiveness around the basket, but it's the perimeter and fouling driving guards that are ridiculous, maybe he got away with that stuff in Turkey, but this is the NBA, and he should have learned that by now.

It's amazing how its taboo to talk about real issues with players, because they have become fan favorites.

MorningZippo likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Was it ever actually proven that Mobley's dad actually hated us?

That's the real question.

steddinotayto likes this.
  4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

He's too hesitant getting the ball on the move. He gets the ball, and almost always spins 3 times. Slows down rest of the team and allows other teams to collapse. He's a good enough passer that it works out sometimes but I feel like he hurts the flow right now because of that.
    I don't believe he's a ROY talent right now, nor does he have the highest upside on the team. That could change if he develop a pick and Pop game and/or he has an efficient decisive move he can use when he gets the ball on the move.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Call me crazy but I think Mobley will end up being a taller and better version of Andrei Kirilenko which is absolutely scary to think about. At AK's peak he was giving you 15/8 with 3 blocks a game shooting close to 50% from the field. Mobley's already posting that in his rookie season sans the blocks but I'm sure it'll come in due time. Anyone that played fantasy basketball in the 2000s will know how crazy good AK was.

clos4life likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

It's the nba's fault Sengun can't defend?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, most seem to think Evan Mobley’s dad avoided Houston because of KPJr…it would be understandable if he didn’t want his son to be around someone that volatile

kicked off the team in college, and his dad was a witness to all that fckery…then melted down in Cleveland to the point he was gonna be waived if not traded…then not even a year into his stint with Houston, he’s throwing things in the locker room and leaving the arena mid-game without permission

crazy

Who knows what his next act of fckery will be, because no, KPJr isn’t magically gonna change after screwing up yet again. Another incident is coming. Let’s hope he doesn’t upgrade from throwing things to putting hands on the coaching staff.

Invisible Fan and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sengun is adapting to nba ref calls. I wouldn't say he's a God at defense but he's not incompetent.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I was really surprised by Alperen's defense in the summer league and at the beginning of the season. He's no defensive stopper but, like you said, he's pretty competent.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Let's give Jalen Green 2-3 years to grow before we close that book. Evan is looking better due to having a good team that's not tanking

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well it was never explained why they snubbed us for a workout. I don't think draftees usually refuse workouts with No. 2 teams unless there was some serious concern.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you don't know what the issue was but are regurgitating stuff.

Every year players at the top of the draft refuse to workout for certain teams and a lot of those years the team that did not get a workout still picks them.

If the Front office of the Rockets passed on a superior prospect because we did not get a workout they are doing it wrong.

I have no idea why some think this lets the rockets off the hook.

GotGame15 likes this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know what the issue is, that's why I asked the question, you should learn how to read.

You really like to randomly antagonize people for things that wasn't even said just to go on your little drivel.

I asked what was the reason why Mobley's team refused to workout with the Rockets. Because historically when this happened, there is usually one reason or another. But in this case nothing really came out.

Lonzo Ball refused to workout with the Celtics because Lavar was hellbent on getting him to the Lakers for example. there were a bunch of propects that refused to workout with 76ers back then because they were going through their process. Curry didn't want to work out for a bunch of teams because his Dad and Agents wanted the Knicks to draft him etc.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your initial post said it ws Mobley's dad don't run away from that.

"Was it ever explained why Mobleys dad hated us. It seemed really out of the blue for no good reason."

That is the statement I responded to and asked a question of my own, do you actually know that Mobley's dad hated us?

It could be that he saw the Cavaliers were much farther along in rebuilding and did not want his kid to be in on the ground floor of a rebuild under a new owner and GM.

All of those are good examples and make my point for me, but for some reason you focused on Mobley's dad hating us?

Why?

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What are you talking about, I was literally replying to another post about Mobley's dad possibly not liking KPJ, and therefore did not want to be involved with the Rockets.

I was just merely asking if there were any concrete explanations other than rumors why Mobley's Dad/Camp didn't like the Rockets. Maybe hate was too strong of a word, but that was not my point.

Whether or not he hated us, disliked us, Neutral to us is not important, I wanted to see if anyone know why the camp snubbed us.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You did not ask why they snubbed us, a perfectly reasonable question, you asked why Mobley's dad hated us.

That's why I asked I did.

I agree it's not important, but for some reason that statement keeps getting thrown around and IMO it should not matter about a workout if you think he is the better prospect.

The entire workout thing is not important.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 and jiggyfly like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Workouts are a joke, you should have done your scouting already.

DD

20. hakeemthagreat

Or maybe just incapable of moving his feet to fast enough to not foul.