1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

[​IMG]

2. bongman

bongman Member

Interesting, but I am failing to understand why these negative traits would prevent her from governing appropriately.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I speak mostly about perception to the general public. I didn't say it would prevent her. But I do think knowledge of tech is important and she comes off a bit clueless about modern tech issues because of a generation gap. I want to see someone in charge who knows about these things and their impact. Maybe I am wrong and she knows plenty, I was just stating that she comes off that way. Also the Cherokee thing is just hilarious, and she shows a lack of real awareness at key points as to how to appeal to her own people and relate to them. She couldn't even open her beer without looking awkward. She is going to get eaten alive on stupid things like that. Personally I don't care and I'm willing to give anyone a chance, but her biggest glare is weakness. I don't think a Grandma figure is good for the country right now. We need a stronger image because the world has shifted. Other powers are rising and we shouldn't show weakness.

Before people on here go for the "but Trump" sucks angle, I am talking largely about her securing the Democratic nomination. She has a long way to go before we take her seriously. And people her thinking I am serious about endorsing her because I said I support her for the memes alone are really clueless. That was not meant as a compliment to her.

#183 dachuda86, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Understanding "tech"? What does that mean to you?

Also, what does "strong" imply? Fighting for causes that benefit the middle class? Does she look strong here? Serious question. Watch the video.

There isn't a single candidate who is more versed and experienced in economic matters that negstinega impact the working class Anerican than Warren. Not Warren, not Kolbichar, definitely not Biden, not Kamala etc.

Yes it was blatabtly obvious that he "support" here because of the meme game from a stabdooist that she would easily lose to Trump .not a single person misinterpreted it. It was very obvious. The problem with you is that you live in the moment. Someone e basically has zero corruption scandels getting attack spammed on a single memmified issue for one year is going to look stupid on the part of the attacker. Presidential campaigns last over year bud and attack memes don't really work in the DNC primaries.

#184 fchowd0311, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I already said I would consider her seriously, so not sure why you are defensive of her. I am sure she has her moments, and I'll watch it for sure.

EDIT: I've seen this. Yeah, great grilling. Also love that guy's fake injury to gain sympathy. Typical CEO psychopath move.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn, she's a bully in that video!!

<jk> :D

7. fchowd0311

So you really don't have any basis to call her "not strong" besides her age and the fact that she's a woman.

Have you even attempted to look at her legislative history? If you vote, it's voters like you, people who care more about perception, platitudes and memes that get us morons like Trump managing the world's largest bureaucracy and commanding the world's most powerful military .

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You do know that I've been civil with you here, and all you do is launch rude attacks based on assumptions. And yes she comes off as a weak grandma, sue me for thinking that. It's my opinion and I won't be the only person who notices. You do realize that perceptions are important in politics? And when someone like me, who sits in the middle on issues, is faced with a brow beating, I don't know, do you think I am going to be open to your opinion? I really don't care because all you do is brow beat on BS issues and try to imply I am a sexist or something. If she is so strong, I guess she doesn't need someone white knighting for her and I will continue to make my decisions independent of someone who cares about perception when it only matters to them.

Also her video is good, but it would have been better if she didn't have a weak voice. This is like a nice scolding from a grandma, but really I think she will get laughed off the world stage. (Oh but Trump is Hitler, blah blah, yeah OK)

EDIT: Further note, this is why people don't like talking to far leftists, because they are the ones who actually think women are weak but try to put the term bigot or sexist onto others because it's the conclusion they automatically jump to based off their internal thoughts. Same reason they go around defending "victim" groups constantly, because they think women and minorities aren't capable of things and need help.

#188 dachuda86, Jan 9, 2019
  9. fchowd0311

Dude you just admitted that you think she's weak because of her voice, not because of the content of her message. Don't play the stupid victim card here.

You don't know anything about her legislative history and her actual work because you don't care to understand. You care about memes.

Call me a far leftist all you want. You have never attempted to debate policy here with me .You don't even know what the **** I stand for. You probably don't even read 95% of my posts and only skim through my posts and engage in the trivial perception/meme bullshit with me.

Out of all the DNC candidates, Warren and to a lesser extend Bernie don't prop themselves up on identity politics like other candidates such as Booker and Harris. They rely on purely economic issues.

You deserve all the criticism you get. If you want to be taken seriously, stop getting you news from memes abd clickbait news titles. You hate the MSM media right? You are a walking parrot of the MSM media. Notice how the MSM media discusses political campaigns. They hardly delve into policy. They engage the vast majority of their air time on "likeability" and click bait trivial exchsnges. You are essentially mimicking their content. A genuine reason people can't stand the MSM is their click bait style and discussing any actual serious policy issues at surface level. That's you. You are a walking embodiment of that you hate .

Debate ne on actual policy for a change. You are the one brining up "weak voices" and memes.

#189 fchowd0311, Jan 9, 2019
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are trying to create a narrative here, which is perception related that I don't talk policy. Yeah, I talk about other things too. Politics is only part policy, and if you can't deal with that, again, this is the deep end. Kiddie Pool is over there.

And yes, she has a weak voice! I can't help but notice it and yeah that is important for electability whether you accept it or not. I am sorry this is how politics work. People don't vote based on only policy alone, which is what a lot of people forget and why they lose, and I am looking at who has a realistically good chance of winning 2020 (I voted John Kerry on policy and he was a dud. We don't live an ideal world. Sorry.). Warren is a weak candidate because she is going to get on stage and get completely stomped by Trump if she even makes it that far. She would lose to even Creepy Joe because despite his age, he is more spry. Hilary too, who is also an old lady, but at least she doesn't come off as a a clueless grandma. Hell, even with her hacking up a lung, she would beat Warren into submission.

If you want to talk policy fine, but I really don't think policy is worth anything if you don't have the right image.

Struck a nerve I guess. Let's talk later when you cool down. I talk big picture, not just policy man.

11. fchowd0311

She would crush Trump in a debate setting. The fact that you believe otherwise is absurd.

Again, you are good at typing a lot of words without saying much. You essentially repeated yourself.

You discuss wedge issues like the wall. You debate on trivial meme stuff like "Pocahontas". A deep dive into legislative history of the politicians you praise and b**** about? Haven't seen it.

Again, you are the walking embodiment of MSM political coverage. Surface level click bait meme bs. Anyone can formate an "image" in any manner they want of any politician based on nothing but their wishiful thinking. The image you have of Warren is right wing meme spam from social media. Of course you are going to have the image you desire of her.

"No one knows how to debate more than me"

If you honestly believe Warren would lose to this clown, you are either not sincere or dumber than I thought. Trump was horrible in all his debates in the general election. He won inspite of his debates.

Big picture as in trivial meme bs? Yes but that is a odd phrase for "big picture" .

#191 fchowd0311, Jan 9, 2019
    Rashmon likes this.
  12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I nominate her for AG. Heads would explode on Wall Street.

Rashmon, dachuda86 and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And I would say you seem like the embodiment of late night host jokes.

Your line of thinking is exactly why people with good policy lose elections. The fact that you don't understand and see what Warren is, is telling. People think in memes unfortunately. Memes are simply units of information (ideas basically) and when you match up to the old grandma concept, that is what you will come off as to the general public! I know she isn't some old grandma and is actually a vicious cut-throat strong-willed psychopath (like any successful politician). But I am not the average joe voting. The average person does like Trump and support people because of perception. Dear God, look at Bush v. Gore. Bush v. Kerry. Bush v. anyone.

Also good luck winning a debate with Trump, because Trump, despite his bad policy stances, understands the key ideas behind winning a debate in the eyes of the general public. It is not about having a better idea or policy. It is about humiliating your opponent, belittling them, and always looking right when your policy may even have taken a hit. Yeah, these are political skills, and they are not honorable or ideal, but it is how it gets done and how elections are won. You are living in lala land if you think policy is all that important in the game of politics. I have sat with politicians and eaten with them, and heard their tales, and you don't want to know the darkness that exists within them. I am sure Warren is strong, but she comes off as a weak grandma who can't even prevent herself from going hoarse on day 1.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That I agree with.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Memes are units of information?

Now that actually made me chuckle. Memes are reductive arguments tailor made to satisfy one's preconceived bias. They are essentially a form of "safe space".

Donald didn't win the election based on his general election debates. In fact, after the debates, he took a hit. He sucks at them dude. If you honestly believe hurling grade school insults in a national presidental debate is a winning strategy I hope Trump continues to follow suit. All he can do is spam "Pocahontas!" anyways. He dare not try to debate her on economoc populism.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yeah, not sure that's exactly accurate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

You do know in referring to political memes?

The fact that you believe memes are units of information speaks volumes to your thought process.

Don't link wiki. Tell me in your own words why my definition of political memes are wrong?

Are they not reductive?
    Are they not meant to satisfy the preconceived bias of the intended audience?

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I was just trying to suggest that the guy you're arguing with was using the term in a different sense than the one implied in your response ("Memes are reductive arguments tailor made to satisfy one's preconceived bias. They are essentially a form of 'safe space'") or in your comments here to me. I have NO desire to argue with you.

#198 Os Trigonum, Jan 9, 2019
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Americans aren't very smart. Grade school insults are unfortunately effective in branding the opposition as the weaker party. This is all psychological and probably too hard for you too accept coming from me, since you don't really care for this stuff and want to focus on policy. But I ask you anyway, to reconsider your concept of what truly winning a debate means.

Look up memes and memetics if you want to know more. I am not going to argue with you that you are wrong about political memes in your understanding of them, but I am actually talking about meme in a different sense.

A meme doesn't need to be a picture with words on the Internet. Let's use that video you showed me as an example. The CEO guy from Wells Fargo is a good example. Fits our image of one too... cold, criminal, unworthy of sympathy but... the injury. He is clearly injured and doesn't hide it. He is using the meme of a hurt person to garner sympathy from people. This is a very basic example of how larger ideas in our minds can be used in propaganda efforts.

20. fchowd0311

I'm using the definition of a meme in the context of political usage. It's obvious.

The individual I'm debating has essentially framed his argument against Warren on her voice and "Pocahontas". He sees these candidates in the form of memes.

Also I would like to point to the cognitive dissonance of @dachuda86. On one hand he agrees that she would instill fear in Wall Street and their harmful systemic practices and on the other hand he calls her "weak". So she can instill fear in the most elite wealthy class of Americans but somehow is also a "weak character". His arguments have no consistency .