1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Official] Eagles @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I look at when Dallas drafted Aikman or when Indy drafted Manning, you draft a good QB while you can. Those teams were totally depleted.

The only time I would've agreed with you was when the Texans drafted Carr over Peppers.

Carr was graded nowhere near those QBs, he just met Bob McNair's qualifications.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time to put in Allen and bench Mills.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nah - what would be the point? Need to lose as many games as possible to finish the year.

raining threes likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The point would be to play Allen and stop tanking on purpose. Give him a chance at least. I get that people have more fun bashing Mills than they care about winning but we could at least give someone else a chance to play. It's not like we still won't get a top 5 draft pick.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its not about having fun. It is what it is. Stay the course and reassess for next season. Maybe Allen becomes the starter for next year?

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I just think it's shitty to tank on purpose. Loser mentality. No backup doesn't deserve a chance to play if the starter can't win. We still have tons of top round picks. We can still get a QB or Will Anderson if we get a top pick. Would you feel differently if the Lakers tanked the rest of the season to get a chance at Victor Wembanyama?

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont disagree, but what do you gain? Team isnt tanking per say they are just really REALLY bad. Switching QBs gives the impression that the backup could be the one to generate more wins - nothing could be further from the truth. Mills needs to start streetballing a little more and just break off plays on his own. He was doing that in the 1st half. I want to see him go full "Fk Pep" moving forward.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Pep is a joker. That's already proven. Mills hasn't improved. That's already proven. At least let us watch someone different for a change. It might be more fun.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Disappointed in the lack of crowd-photos (or lack-of-crowd photos) in this thread.

HillBoy likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I wonder who will have a better record after 10 games the rockets or texans

HillBoy and DreamShook like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

what a train wreck this team is.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Nah Allen might win 2 or 3 games. Leave Commander Gutter in.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Tanking on purpose huh? Screw over the backup instead of giving him a shot? Don't give the guys who work their butts off the best chance for a win? Give the fans your less than best effort? That's crappy. It's not like we don't already have a couple first round picks next year. I wonder if any of you people wanting us to lose on purpose will start b****ing about other teams tanking on purpose for a shot at drafting Victor Wembanyama in the NBA.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Who cares what Allen thinks? He’s a journeyman qb with no future with Texans. Losing is the best thing Texans can do right now to secure themselves a bright future. Get a qb and sign a few ppl and this team can possibly compete in 2024.

Qan likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Tanking on purpose isn't cool. Like I said, you are basically saying it ok if teams tank on purpose for high draft picks. Watch the Lakers do that by this year for Victor Wembanyama. that would be sick.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lakers don’t own their pick. Pelicans own it

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Well, hopefully the Warriors don't go into tank mode on purpose.

18. Buck Turgidson

This is Kyle Allen's 5th year in the NFL. I'm quite certain that the "screw over the backup instead of giving him a shot" portion of his career has come and gone already.

19. raining threes

A good QB leads to mediocrity.

I've got this QB class rated with the Carr class and the Carter, Anderson group as much better players than anybody else in this draft.

20. raining threes

It doesn't matter who the QB is, this team isn't winning more than 2 more games this season. Embrace the suck, there's that little talent on the team.