1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Eagles @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2014.

1. platypus

platypus Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The practice thing was part of his narrative at South Carolina...that he practiced when he wanted to.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Let's go Merci...!!!! Got another game to prove yourself...

Texans 24
    Philly 20

Run the ball... Run the ball some more... And then run the ball again... Don't get cute and keep Philly's offense off the field as much as possible.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, uh...Khalil Mack is the top rated outside linebacker on Pro Football Focus. Too bad he was unavailable when the Texans were drafting.

Maybe Clowney will only have one injury plagued year in his (pro) career, right? But, man, it sure looks like the hype that Mack was getting will be proven to be warranted. Even if he is missing some of Clowney's ability or potential he does not seem to have motor or focus or discipline or injury issues and it sure is painful to see Watt fighting an entire offense by himself. Maybe the defense needed a guy who is more elite in drive and focus paired next to Watt than a guy who could be amazing but has questions marks regarding health and attitude? Dunno.

This post has nothing to do with the illness thing this week. Just everything else since he was drafted. I have never felt comfortable and selfishly would love to see Watt's numbers if he wasn't the sole focus of offensive linemen.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

FWIW, Mack has the same number of sacks as Clowney.

6. rimbaud

Supporting Member

But a large number of hurries, QB hits, TFL, and disrupting an offense. He also has been getting the Watt treatment with doubles and chipping but he is only 7 games in.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mack is also a linebacker

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Is it frustrating that he tore his meniscus on our POS field? Yes. Is it frustrating that he seemingly caught something this week? Yes. Are a crap load of Texans fans everywhere overreacting? Yes.

9. rimbaud

Supporting Member

He and Clowney are both OLBs.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Thanks for the jinx, ESPN:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Houston Texans have never beaten 2 teams: Eagles and Vikings.

They can cross Philly off this weekend. <a href="http://t.co/2FX9anXbfX">pic.twitter.com/2FX9anXbfX</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/528569672656908288">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^They can as in they have the opportunity to do so.

12. Win

Win Contributing Member

This is going to be a fun game to watch. I haven't been following the Eagles that closely, but I assume their record speaks for it's self and that Foles ain't all that, afteral. Who I HAVE been following closely is the Texans and they are either the best bad team or the worst good team. After last year, that is not so bad a place to be in I guess, considering... I have no idea for a prediction.

Though I have a pox on them all, I kinda look forward to seeing Casey, Cosmo and the rest of Texans East.

GO TEXANS!!!

13. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Changed my mind
    I don't think they win thid one
    Go Texans!!

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I want the Texans to win, but I also want the Eagles to win the NFC East...

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>All 3 Texans players that were listed as QUESTIONABLE, Clowney, Cushing, Morris, will NOT play tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/528602998805524482">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

****!!!!!

16. Raven

Raven Member

Clowney isn't in the neighborhood of bust - yet, but I'm worried he may have a map showing where the neighborhood is located. If he can't play the game after the bye, in two weeks, it's going to be difficult to defend selecting him number one overall. He has to start producing. This is just nuts.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wow.

I still stand by my comment. Unless he's hospitalized and sick, he should be playing. I hope he gets booed tomorrow, if he even shows up to the game.

Something is going on behind the scenes. Wish I knew what it was....

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We should just put clowney on IR. BOB looks like he is sick and tired of answering all the clowney injury update questions.

19. Nook

Nook Member

No, BOB needs to keep answering the questions.

He and the Texans decided to hold onto the #1 pick and take Clowney and until proven otherwise, there are a lot of questions to answer.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Crappy field in Houston could be even crappier, with 18 hours between college game and NFL game <a href="http://t.co/KRcxxU2eVT">http://t.co/KRcxxU2eVT</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/528912597866016769">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>