1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Eagles @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I have no investment in Ryan Mallett, and little working knowledge of him, college, pro - whatever. I sense a lot of people's opinions were shaped through the draft evaluation process - which is always brutal - and they seem to have not evolved much (ie "coke head!").

But here's the thing I keep going back to... For, what? Four years? He was an ACL away from being the starting QB of the NE Patriots, a team that notoriously runs one of the tightest ships in football. If he was immature, stupid... I mean, the Pats could have brought *anyone* in to play that role, why keep him around? When BO'B was hired, whispers started almost immediately that he would target Mallett - and maybe those were lazy, specious "they worked together" conclusions, except... he DID trade for him, and if the prevailing sentiment was "immature, stupid"...

I'm more and more curious to see him, if only to confirm/dismiss so many seemingly set-in-stone opinions of the guy.

#1001 Hey Now!, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. conquistador#11

so what will the ravens give us so they can unite kubiak and andre? a 4th rounder.
    ughh

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh for sure but AJ sounds like a guy who has been completely beaten down by all of the losing and lack of hope that things will get better. They may well get better but probably not during his last days here. He sounds depressed and I can't fault him for feeling that way.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that things would be better if he was playing better. He's supposed to be a team leader, but he's just proving that he doesn't have what it takes to be that guy. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he costs himself a HOF spot with his actions, the numbers are there, but he's proving that he's just a guy. If he was the leader we need him to be, the Texans probably win a few more games, if they had won a few more games, they'd be on pace to make the playoffs.

I can't feel sorry for a depressed screw up whining about his situation while simultaneously ensuring that it is as bad as possible.

5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This.

For all of the "if he had any talent he would already be starting" talk, he was traded for at the end of preseason. How could you possibly throw him in any earlier than after a bye week, aside from an injury to Fritz.

This has to have been the plan all along and now that Fitz has done nothing to firmly grasp the spot, it makes sense to what we have in Mallet.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Then he shouldn't fumble on potential game-winning drives against the best team in your division...

I can certainly relate to his frustrations - but can't condone it if it's translating to a lack of effort.

7. Summer Song Giver

You say, as another lame duck pass falls ten feet in front of the receiver.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I say as Andre fails to get open and fumbles another game away.

9. Summer Song Giver

Watching Fitzy "crow hop" when he has to throw an out route 10 yards downfield is sure funny, of course I'm not expected to catch that shiite.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, right. I forgot, scapegoat. Yeah, it's Fitz's fault that Andre hasn't been trying and has cost us games!

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude. Save your sanity and just put Bobby on ignore.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fitz was pretty bad yesterday.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Ugh, are you guys really arguing Fitzpatrick VS AJ?

Both have been crap.

Andre does not care anymore, and Fitzpatrick is the worst NFL starting QB.

That's all there is to it.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's true, but Andre not putting forth any effort to get open and the O line didn't make things easy for him. Fitz is who he's going to be so IMO the O line and the receivers are the ones who have to give him a chance.

15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Why y'all ganging up on Andre? Like u would say something different.
    He knows the QB is crap just like the rest of us. Should he play better? Sure, but do should the rest of the pos offense.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Nothing truer has ever been said from Bobby.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The way Rick Smith drafts I'd rather the Texans just cut him.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I agree with that. Fitz isn't good enough to overcome a bad offensive line and poor rushing offense (yesterday).

AJ just hasn't been himself this season. Dropped balls (he had one yesterday) and fumbles hence why he probably has checked out mentally. AJ pouting all summer and now has not helped one bit.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which one happens more often . . .. . you can go to the stats

Rocket River

20. i3artow i3aller

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OOHlIpmBp7n/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>