1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Official] Dolphins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thursday 7:30 on Fox/NFL Network/Amazon Prime

Announcers: Thom Brennaman (or Joe Buck depending on WS coverage), Troy Aikman

2. SinceEverSince

Who has more sacks this game? Clowney or watt?

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep Watson alive and we will usually have a chance of getting a win.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Brock bout to get broke.

vinsensual and Roc Paint like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Dolphins shut Khalil Mack et al out a couple weeks ago. The dolphins have a decent line and throw a lot of short and quick passes. McKinney and Cunningham will be tested again.

theimpossibles1 and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Offense Total YPG (Rank)

Texans: 372.1 (16th)

Dolphins: 329.1 (27th)

Passing

Texans: 258.4 (16th)

Dolphins: 222.3 (25th)

Rushing

Texans: 113.7 (15th)

Dolphins: 106.9 (18th)

Defense YPG Total (Rank)

Texans: 329.9 (9th)

Dolphins: 405.3 (27th)

Passing

Texans: 237.7 (12th)

Dolphins: 268.6 (23rd)

Rushing

Texans: 92.1 (8th)

Dolphins: 136.7 (29th)

Fullcourt and theimpossibles1 like this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Those passing yards have gone up the past couple of weeks (380 vs Bears, 239 vs Lions).

Marteen likes this.
  9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Is that with Tanny or Brock, though? If it's Tanny, that's all thrown out the window. Brock's actually been decent, and that worries me.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopefully we won’t have to hear Joe Buck.

Dolphins 10

Texans 24

Brock sacked 5 times. 2 fumbles and a pick. (Trash)

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is Gaine toying with the practice squad just to let everyone know he is doing something?

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I think this will be a big blowout...
    Texans 35
    Dolphins 10

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Love the color rush. Hope the dolphins wear theirs, too.

Hopefully we'll pour it on for once. I wish we could have poured it on in the second half against the Jags.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I've got flashbacks of the last Mismi game. I dont feel so good.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at all the stats you would think this would be an easy win, but I have a feeling Miami isn't going to make this easy for us. Will confident Brock come out like he has played the last 3 weeks, or will he get flashbacks when he walks in our stadium and revert to his old self? Will Watson come out firing and hitting his receivers and avoiding sacks, or will the interceptions and fumbles return, and the sacks while holding the ball too long? Will our defense come out with both barrels, meaning Clowney and Watt knocking Brock around like a rag doll? Will Miller run into a brick wall or make some nice runs like last week? Will the Honey Badger and Jackson get some defensive turnovers? Will Hopkins and Fuller have the game of their lives? We shall see on Sunday.

Let's do this boys!!!! Go Texans!!!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The game that made Lamar Miller a rich man

vinsensual and J.R. like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "When I saw Lamar a little while ago I didn’t immediately recognize him because I’m so used to looking at his back," McNair said to laughter. "That’s all I saw in Miami."

That game was a complete disaster for the Texans, in part because the new Texans running back had the best game of his career. He had 236 total yards between 175 rushing and 61 receiving. He scored touchdowns on a 54-yard pass from Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill and an 85-yard run which marked the last score in the first half and put Miami up 41-0. The Texans lost that game 44-26 and lost Arian Foster to a torn Achilles tendon, an injury that ultimately led to his being released last week.

Miller carried the ball only 14 times during that game, which was actually fairly high for his time in Miami. In his four seasons there, he only had 638 carries, which is a total Foster once reached in two years. The Texans' commitment to running the ball is part of what drew Miller to Houston.

"I just wanted a new start," Miller said. "I want to be a featured back. With this organization, I know they get their running backs involved. I just wanted to be a part of it."

With Miller the Texans get speed, something they'd lacked overall on their roster. They're looking for more than that from him.

"The one thing you can’t coach is speed ... and I don’t want to just say that that’s all he offers and all he brings to the table," general manager Rick Smith said. "This guy, he’s a complete running back. ... I just think that he has a skill set that will allow our creative coaches to utilize him in a way that hopefully is a threat to defenses."

Miller will be 25 next month. At that age and with as few carries as he has had so far, he doesn't have the wear and tear some backs entering their fifth NFL seasons have. The Texans can get a good three or four seasons out of Miller, whose contract is for four years and worth $26 million.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

It was also the end of the Ryan Mallett era. If Mallett didn't miss the flight, maybe he survived the season and the Texans aren't searching for a QB the next year. Maybe Brock as a Texan would never have happened. sigh.

Fulgore likes this.