1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Dodgers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 28, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That was disproved I believe.

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

From February or March or whenever...
    “We have been working on for some time a memorandum about being hit by pitches, intentionally throwing at batters,” Manfred told ESPN’s Karl Ravech. “It’s really dangerous, really a dangerous undertaking, and completely independent of the Astros investigation we will be issuing at the beginning of this week a memorandum on hit by pitches which will increase the ramifications of that type of behavior.”

Manfred said he will also be meeting with every MLB manager over the next several days, and the issue of plunking Astros hitters will be discussed.

“It is simply not appropriate to express whatever frustration you may have growing out of the Astros situation by putting someone physically at risk by throwing at them,” Manfred said. “It’s just not acceptable.”

Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling recently said he “would lean towards yes” regarding whether he would seek retaliation against the Astros in the form of throwing at hitters. “In the right time and the right place,” Stripling said.

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

George Springer is dealing with some knee soreness after running into a wall against the Mariners. He's also 1 for his first 20. Myles Straw had been dealing with a hamstring injury, too, according to Dusty Baker

Dusty Baker said MLB has not been in contact with him about last night's game vs. Dodgers. "Nope."

Lance McCullers Jr.: "Joe Kelly threw a ball behind Bregman's head on 3-0 on purpose. Not only did he take it upon himself to send a message, but he wasn't even a part of that team. We knew coming into the game he likes to go off script. What he did was unprofessional."

McCullers on Joe Kelly: “We knew coming into the game he likes to go off script. It is what it is. It was done unprofessional. What did after he punched out Correa was unprofessional. Running into the dugout was unprofessional. It is what it is.”

Dave Roberts said Major League Baseball informed him they are looking into the Joe Kelly-Astros incident and will quickly reach a decision on potential punishment.

Roberts said he will have a brief discussion with his team about leaving the bench.

Ryan Pressly and Chris Devenski are unavailable tonight for the Astros, but both will travel with the team on its upcoming nine-game road trip. James Click was optimistic yesterday that both would avoid the injured list.

[​IMG]

#383 J.R., Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hinch would have called Springer and told him he was still batting first, but would play DH to rest his knees.

bcast89 likes this.
  5. HTown2017Champs

I miss seeing the lineup cards in AJ's handwriting sooooo much.

lnchan, Alimoe84, whiskeyred and 4 others like this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

My body is ready. Games i've watched this year 3-1. Game I passed out before 0-1.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I suspect tonight's game on ESPN may be once of the highest rated regular season MLB games in ESPN's history.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Roberts said if Houston retaliates, he believes the umpires will handle it.

9. plates300

plates300 Member

Astros should retaliate...by putting up runs on the scoreboard. No need to stoop to their level. Swing them bats, get those runs, be the better team and get the win that matters.

whiskeyred, HTown2017Champs and Salvy like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. SuraGotMadHops

So who can we sacrifice for 8 games when we retaliate tonight? Shame Biagini isn't available, he would've been perfect.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

This, Astros need to focus on what matters and that's finding momentum and good pitching before getting into a dumb fight over the losers of the 2017 World Series. They just aren't that important, no matter how much they want to make it about them. Every team is going to do this for the next couple of years. Random dumb asses are going to try and hit our guys because they feel they where cheated. They weren't cheated, they were beat. The whole league is hungry to see The Astros mad. All these fan bases love to see the Astros get hit by pitches and lose. Hit them where it hurts, by ignoring these "bad asses" and just play ball. I'll take the 2017 World Series Championship over stupid Kelly shirts, I mean what else do they have?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Devo for 8 games.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Astros need to be a class act. Let other teams be jerks.

16. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I like tucker but not sure him leading off and getting the most at bats is the best move. I would’ve slid everyone up and had him batting in front of Maldonado. Hope I’m wrong though.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. HookemHorns1250

I didn't understand Roberts being suspended, and I don't understand Baker being fined lol. What the heck did they do?

Kelly almost hit Breg's in the head, and even though it was a slider (87 mph) almost hit CC in the head, and then mouthed off to CC after he literally didn't say a word. Kelly deserves what he got. He started every 'bit of this.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

Devo doesn't throw hard enough. lol. Whoever is asked to do the dirty work knows they are expendable tho.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I would be interested in seeing a valentines day like massacre style retaliation though. Just zip like 100 fastballs into their dugout at the same time and then have our players testify with immunity.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They didn't make sure their teams played nice.