1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Diamondbacks @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 1, 2016.

1. HookemHorns1250

I take Dallas because we wouldn't be paying him
    206 million as the diamondbacks are paying for Greinke.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Haha excellent, well done!

It's really funny (and sad) that the unanimous "worst free agent signing of last offseason so far" is the same guy that Castrated-jero is trying to prove his point with. It's rather unbelievable.

"Hey guys, you know that 32 year old that is getting paid at least $34,000,000 annual for the next 6 years, who is sporting a 4.71 ERA and a 1.3 WHIP going into today? I sure wish Crane was signing his paychecks, because he's way better than Dallas Keuchel. AND THAT'S THE REASON HINCH SHOULD GET FIRED!!!

I actually want to learn how to post gifs due to the ridiculous of this dude's post, as I would post the gif of that really confused basketball fan with his arms out shaking his head in confusion/disgust. That guy has the perfect wtf face/reaction, and it gives me a chuckle most times that it's used.

3. The Beard

The Beard Member

As someone who is plenty guilty myself....we really do need to quit feeding the teenage troll, just let him spew and ignore it...not always easy

In any case, Greinke isn't a "pitched bad early but turned it around situation" in any way...he has dominated on the road all season, but has been hammered at home, even recently

Road starts this year he has given up 2, 1, 2, 1, 0 runs

Home starts this year he has given up 7, 4, 7, 2, 4, 3, 4

And yea that 4 he gave up in his last start was in 6 innings

Arizona is a tough place to pitch, probably second only to Coors, maybe it has gotten in his head

Even if we don't come back here, we will have had an 8-2 stretch to get us back into things. Take two of three over the weekend and keep it rolling, series wins series wins series wins

4. conquistador#11

win the a's series and don't get swept by the rangers and fastball to prince right on rib cage. that would be great.

5. Nick

Nick Member

[​IMG]

Just hit the reply button and copy my post string. Posting gif's are like posting any other images.

The above guy is really wondering about castrated-jero51's intentions here...

1 person likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Well, you can't win 'em all.

7. HookemHorns1250

Agreed on the series issue. Just keep winning series, and hopefully end this horrible Rangers curse after the Oakland series.

8. The Beard

The Beard Member

And he is loving the 1.3 whip of ZG, but it wasn't long ago he was laughing about Luhnow trading for Giles because Giles had a "terrible whip of 1.2"

1 person likes this.
  9. The Beard

The Beard Member

Yea, at some point if we want to win the division we have to be able to beat those jerks

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

THANK YOU! Rep going your way my friend. In a way, finding the new nickname and then getting to see this gif almost makes the loss worth it. I'll also gladly take 3 out of 4.

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

It's time for Rasmus to move down in the order. He has been horrendous in the last month or so.

12. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

LOL Gattis. What a joke

13. HookemHorns1250

Oh well. Good series!

Time to take care of business against Oakland, don't look past them towards Texas. Take at least 2/3 from Oakland and then get rid of the dang Rangers curse!

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The 2 inherited runners being charged to him hurts, but Dallas Keuchel looked alright today.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Yup, I thought it was him, but I didn't want to waste any of my time on him, so I didn't look it up. But thank you for bringing that point up.

16. Uprising

Uprising Member

Bats were silent, but it was a good couple of weeks of baseball.

Rangers series still left a bad taste in mouth... But things have been clicking since.

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Sounds like some of you guys are the crowd, since I heard some boos on TV.

18. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

I hope they booed gomez at the game

19. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Ohhh my god, i can't believe this. You know that great relievers have a whip under 1??????????????

A good starter can have a whip in the mid 1.20's

Do you see the difference between a reliever with a 1.20 whip and a starter with a 1.20 whip????

And just for the record, Greinke's whip is UNDER 1.30

20. conquistador#11

catwoman had one of the best whips of all time.