1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] dan crenshaw for president 2024 thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, Aug 18, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Good for him. He's still a **** human who labels other congresswomen as terrorist supporters willy nilly.

Nook, Jimmy Chase and BmwM3 like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I figured since the playoffs and Rockets are back on might as well take a little lighter approach to the D&D. At least until we win the championship...:)

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

I don't think he's eligible, wasn't he born in Scotland?

4. droxford

droxford Member

Example?

He was born in Scotland. It's debatable whether he could run for president. The Constitution requires a ““natural born citizen.” Under section 301 of the Immigration and Naturalization act, all persons born abroad to citizens of the U.S. are citizens of the U.S. Are they considered "naturally born"? It could be litigated either way, really.

Fantasma Negro and RayRay10 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

He said that Ilhan Omar supported 9/11 because she said “CAIR was founded after 9/11, because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

He's a disgusting political opportunist who isn't afraid of accusing people of terrorism for political gain.

Nook likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

He's joking due to the fact that Obama abides by the exact same conditions EVEN if he was born in Kenya (he wasn't) because his mother was an American citizen yet we had multiple years of people accusing him of possibly being an illegitimate president including the current president. But I doubt this type of attack will stick to Crenshaw because well... He's white.

Crenshaw entered politics after Obama but I'm sure he's the type of guy who would have been a birther. He's a culture war zelot who tries to pretend he's moderate.

#46 fchowd0311, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I know this to be true.

Andre0087, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. droxford

droxford Member

To be accurate....

His orignal criticizism of Ilhan Omar's comment was as followsi:

He elaborated on that criticism later, both understanding the point she was trying to make...

Crenshaw: "The broader point that she was making is perfectly fine. The broader point that she was making is that the organization CAIR defends civil liberties and that there was concern about civil liberties post-9/11"

... and still supporting his criticism of her comment.

Crenshaw: "That doesn't change the fact that you [Ilhan Omar] refer to 9/11 in a dismissive way, both in tone and in gesture, and in words, as 'some people did something."
    (comments re: Ilhan Omar start at 11:32)
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dan-crenshaw-says-he-stands-by-ilhan-omar-comments-wholeheartedly/

You accused him of "labeling her as a terrorist supporter" yet, I don't see that in his comments. He just didn't like how she was dismissive of 9/11.

#48 droxford, Aug 19, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

So using 9/11 as a pronoun means you are dismissive of 9/11?

Of course you would defend him. If used 9/11 as a pronoun before. Am I dismissive of 9/11?

If Omhar was not a Muslim would her expression of 9/11 as a pronoun compel Crenshaw to make that comment? Sincerely ask yourself that.

Nook likes this.
  10. droxford

droxford Member

He didn't point out anything about a pronoun. He said that she referred to 9/11 in a dismissive way, "both in tone and in gesture and in words. All I [Crenshaw] said was that it's unbelievable that you [Omar] would refer to it that way."
    In my opinion, I think it's clear that she did refer to 9/11 in a dismissive way.

Why do you say that? I've presented facts. It seems like you consider those facts as a me "defending" him, while at the same time you're making accusations about Crenshaw that aren't factual (saying that he labeled Ilhan Omar as a terrorist supporter "willy nilly").

I don't know the context of whatever statement you made. Were you dismissive of 9/11?

I have sincerely asked myself this. I think Crenshaw has risked is life many times, shoulder-to-shoulder with non-white American soldiers.. to serve all Americans, not just the white ones. I think he sacrificed his eye and went back for two more tours so that you can be safe and secure. No, I don't think Ilhan Omar's religious preference affected his comments at all. I think that if any other politician, male, female, conservative, liberal, any religion, any ethnicity, any skin color.. had made the comments that Ilhan Omar made, Crenshaw would have reacted exactly the same way and I see no evidence at all that he was motivated by prejudice.

Now it's your turn. If you're going to accuse prejudice, you should back it up. What proof or evidence do you have that shows that Crenshaw was motivated by prejudice when he criticized her comments?

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I'm the last person you should attempt to pass the "fighting for your country" means you can't be racist narrative. I've served with some of the most open white supremacists I personally know when I was a Marine grunt. Infantry and SF culture in the US military is rampant with white nationalists.

Nook likes this.
  12. droxford

droxford Member

That's a good point - just because someone served doesn't mean they're not prejudice.

But I still see no basis in your accusation against Crenshaw. Can you provide anything?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

If it's a good point than what was up with your high horse "he served this country therefore the can't be racist" bs you posted?

Again, Crenshaw wouldn't care if a non-muslim used 9/11 as a pronoun in a sentence. It happens all the time. When it's a Muslim lady? Well I guess she thinks 9/11 wasn't a big deal.

Crenshaw also incessantly defends Trump's bigoted rhetoric. He defends his "build that wall" narrative. I know exactly the type of people that Crenshaw is pandering to. The fact that many of my former peers who SELF-LABEL themselves as white nationalists love this guy should tell you something.

14. droxford

droxford Member

That's your evidence? "He's white and she's Muslim" ?

So I guess, to you, any time a white man criticizes a Muslim woman, he's automatically prejudice? That mindset, in itself, is prejudice and is damaging to race and ethnic relations in America.

.. and now I see that I'm wasting my time with you.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

If Trump gets defeated soundly this November, wouldn't that essentially make Crenshaw's candidacy dead on arrival? His lips are currently stuck to Trumps ass at this point. He can't wash Trumps stench off of him.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

If a white man criticizes a Muslim women because she said "I agree with the attackers of 9/11" that would not raise suspensions of that white man being bigoted because I would agree with lambasting that Muslim woman.

If a white man who incessantly defends a president who says stuff like most people who come from Mexico are rapists and murderers along with saying that a Muslim women thinks 9/11 wasn't a tragedy because she used it as a pronoun in sentence while also having personal insight of what type of people get churned out in the "operator" class of Americans servicemembers, that would reasonably raise my suspensions that this man is a bigot who panders to bigots. I know the culture Crenshaw was deeply imbedded in. I was imbedded in it for over 4 years.

You already lost the narrative by having such a pathetic appeal to emotion that because he's a combat vet, he can't be racist. It shows how out of touch you are and how little your opinion on this subject matter has any value.

CometsWin likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Even if Trump loses, the Trump fandom is going to find a new leader and people like Crenshaw are going to fight for that position with some good ol pandering.

CometsWin likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are people in all occupations who aren't necessarily good people. Bad cops, doctors of death, and guys who enjoy jobs they can carry a weapon and shoot to kill. Believe me, there are racists in every respectable line of work. His backing of a hate stirring President might as well make him one himself. Silence is as bad as outright doing it.

Sure, he served his country fighting in battles, which deserves my respect. That doesn't mean he can't be an opportunist who would promote fear and division like Trump. Anyone backing and supporting Trump at this point will never get my vote in the future.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Nah.. There is a certain attraction to the direct combat arms profession in the US military that disproportionately attracts white supremacists. The mainstream culture already in your typical Marine infantry line company is very overtly right wing. I remember how I just had to shut my mouth about support for Obama as it was such an "out there" opinion in there. That's just the average view. And amongst the mainstream ultra-right wing views in these communities that are rampant, plenty of self-labeled white nationalists are sprinkled amongst them. Hardly any of them would come out and say it while they served but boy, once my batch and me got discharged, many came out of the shed with their more extreme views on facebook.

I'm not going to pretend every profession has the same proportion of right wing self-labeled white nationalists because that has been no where near the case for me from my transition from Marine grunt to civilian mech engineer.

#59 fchowd0311, Aug 19, 2020
    Nook, CometsWin and deb4rockets like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“Natural Born” been defined to mean that they were a US citizen at birth. John McCain, Ted Cruz and George Romney (Mitt’s Father) all were born outside of the US. Among other things that was why birtherism was stupid. Even if Obama had been born in Kenya he would still be a US citizen at birth has his mother was one.

[edit] whoops I see other posters made that same point.

#60 rocketsjudoka, Aug 19, 2020
    Nook, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.