1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

The stupidity of the Cubs' fans (which I do not doubt) still doesn't change the fact that they stick by their team and fill the seats, win or lose.

Funny link by the way.

#641 Jackfruit, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

True fans are passionate and get angry when their team sucks.

3. Hakeem's Dream

Hakeem's Dream Contributing Member

Let me tell you where to stick that cyber middle finger. Get off me. Just as you are aloud to speak your opinion I am too. Geeze, I think YOU need to not be such a fragile pansey.

4. Hakeem's Dream

I understand the anger and frustration because as soon as that ball was hit, I wanted to jump in the TV and whoop Lidge's behind. I just feel it's in poor taste to boo. I know the guys expect it and that's cool, I just think just because it's a norm doesn't mean it has to be done. I am just overprotective that's all. I know I am crazy and it's okay. I just needed to vent, that's all.

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Once again I say to you, once a Creepy clone, always a Creepy clone.

6. Hakeem's Dream

;) Just call me Billie Badass. lol I wish I could do something about it, like I said, I was mad and I wanted to vent. Just like you guys like to vent when the Stros piss you off. I didn't figure there was much of a harm or a foul. I guess I know who the booers are now. Although I think it was wrong, I must aplogize with my comparison to trash. I normally save that for New York fans in either league. I just hated that we looked like those guys. But, Lidge will no longer be an issue so booing should cease. He knew he messed up and he let it get to his head, which he should never have done. He choked. He doesn't deserve our closer role.

7. Hakeem's Dream

I don't believe all Houston fans are bandwagons. We have never won a world series and I have been loyal for 20 years. I am not disagreeing with why the boos were uttered. I was pissed too. I just felt it was in poor taste to boo Mo mainly. Lidge messed up and he's lucky that chair Roger threw wasn't at him.

8. Hakeem's Dream

Hee hee, you are too cute.

9. Hakeem's Dream

Of course you get angry but should the player be belittled like that? That's the part I don't agree with. I was pissed too. Lidge should be benched the rest of the season.

10. Hakeem's Dream

;) I do love Longhorns

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Booing a guy when he's already down...kinda classless in my book. Exceptions to the rule are guys who are pretty classless themselves. No one on this team falls into that category.

Booing the team collective when they're playing like crap....that's entirely different and am not opposed to that.

Either way...I go to a game, I support my team through thick and thin. Doesn't matter if Pettite coughs up 10 runs (which he's done in like 2 or 3 of the 4 games I've seen of his). Doesn't matter if Lidge blows his third save in a row. Doesn't matter if Qualls gives up another walkoff. I just don't have it in me to boo them...unless they take it to a personal level. The way I figure, (most) of the guys already know there playing like sh*t, why do they need a reminder from their fans. (at least the booing show the players the fans care though :p )

12. msn

msn Member

It's not "belittling", nor is there a need to be "protective" of grown men who have chosen to live and work in glass houses. This is not the little league park down the street from my house, and those are not 7-year-olds.

13. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

I think we all understand where you are coming from. It's great to be loyal to the people who make up your team, but there is such thing as being loyal to a fault. It's nothing personal against Lidge or Ensberg. I think as fans, we want to see results. We understand that players strike out and mess up in key situations. If you remember, when Berkman had the groin injury and was on the bench for a few games, Garner put him on in multiple games to pinch hit in situations where a pinch hit by Berkman would keep the game going or win it. Berkman didn't deliver on a single one of those occassions. I don't think that a single person booed Berkman. I know I didn't. The reason being that Berkman does more than his fair share for the team. I can't say the same for Lidge or Ensberg. Delivering for the team should be the rule and not the exception. If you can stay calm and collected when Ensberg strikes out or Lidge blows a save, then more power to you. You are a better person that me. However, I hope you understand where we are coming from as well.

P.S. I'll remember not to boo when you are around. The last thing I need is a second buttcrack :)

14. Hakeem's Dream

Goodie, I am glad we are clear on that. :)

15. Hakeem's Dream

See, if only I could just learn to phrase my posts better. You made it sound so much better than I did. ;)

16. msn

msn Member

So, you won't try to protect those poor overpaid grown men from us mean paying fans anymore? "Goodie".

17. Hakeem's Dream

Don't get too happy sweetie, I never said that. I just agree to disagree, that's all. I will be just as mad as all of you but I just choose to try to throw positive energy into the mix rather than negativity or sarcasm. Just my way. Just like it's you guys way to express your feelings, whether I agree with it or not. I figured most normal folk wouldn't really care what I think anyway so they would just blow on by. I just needed to vent like everone else.

18. msn

msn Member

It's cool; we can disagree on the point.

Really? I don't think the following is very positive:
    Be positive about the team and trash other people who feel the same frustration you do? That energy weren't all that positive, sweetie.

Here, here. :(

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I think I boo because it's better to say that than the other things i wish to say. I mean, the ball park is a family public "park". When I get pissed off over something I have to yell, and scream. And what comes out of my mouth isn't always a pleasent thing. And I doubt the parents of kids, and prehaps the kids themselves would like to here that. So mainly all I say is .....AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....or.......Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....or.....BOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think they all sounds alike when there's 40000 people doing that.

i know some people hate it, like you do, but it's my way of venting. It's either that or me punching the guy sitting next to me.

So, I can either get thrown out of the park for obsenities, thrown in jail for assualt, or just be frowned upon by people who don't like booes. I'll take the latter. ;)

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member