1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 14, 2006.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Were terrible when Berkman isnt getting it done. I find it funny that Garner finally puts Scott at 4 but its against a lefty.

2. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Sorry as a paying customer, anyone has the right to boo. Don't be such a fragile flower.

I'm glad your the Astros classiest fan. May I give you my salute to let you know your the number one fan. {gives cyber middle finger}

3. sammy

Im gonna watch it on a different TV....hope it works

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I have to agree with those that say they boo ... For me though, I would not be booing Lidge, but rather Garner for sticking Lidge out in that situation with the way he has performed.

5. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Wow....on the verge of a shutout by a guy that may never pitch in the majors again!

A new low....hopefully this will quiet any of those that thought we would be fine offensively before the season...this is the worst hitting team in baseball. To not target 2 or 3 stud hitters tells me that Purpura and McLane are idiots.

6. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

The Astros are going to be shut out for what the 9th or 10th time now this season. They could really use Preston Wilson right about now. :D

7. Shehzad23

Shehzad23 Member

No run in last 18 innings!!!!!

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What's funny is that Huff and Wilson were two guys that those with superior knowledge of baseball than our management were b****ing about us not obtaining. Now we had both of them and those smarter than management are still b****ing.

I notice that they like to b****, but they don't like to provide solutions. Typical.

9. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Glad I'm at work so I can only gamecast and not have to watch the garbage. Our offense is completely pathetic. Screw defense and let's go with a lineup that could at least put one run on the board..

CF - Willy T
    2B - Biggio
    1B - Lamb
    LF - Berkman
    3B - Huff
    RF - Scott
    SS - Burke
    C - Ausmus

10. RocketManJosh

Try 20 going on 21

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What stud hitters were available? They signed the one all the whiners were b****ing about not trading for just five months prior. They targeted both Soriano and Tejada prior to the trading deadline as well.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what I was going to post about lineup, though I would move Scott above Huff.

DD

13. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Last year I think a lot of our rookies over achieved like Taveras and Lane. This year reality has taken hold and we are seeing our offense for what it really is. Garner hasn’t helped them none with his management of the line up either.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well this was a fun series. Way to go Stros! Things got interesting in this homestand when we started 4-0.

Everyone was calling for a 7-2 home stand etc. But yeah. We went 4-5. We rule!

We were 1.5games back from WC. Now we're back to mediocrity. man this homestand sucked.

Well, it only gets tougher. 20 of 26 games on the road.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Awesome homestand....4-5...after winning the first 4.....

Anyone else actually think this team is capable of making the playoffs?

There is no light on....there is no one home anymore....

Last night was the tombstone game.

Put Burke at SS for the rest of the season and see if he can play.

DD

16. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Swept at home by one of the worst teams in baseball.....yea, we're going to the playoffs!!!

17. RocketManJosh

swept by the sCrubs at home ... this team has no business getting anywhere near the playoffs

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, that was a pretty pathetic performance. I'm the eternal optimist, but they need to somehow forget about everything that's happened since Saturday and turn this **** around soon. They can somehow still only be 4 games out after tonightl. Unreal.

19. psychodog

psychodog Member

As long as Garner keep on having Everett and Ausmus pulling up the rear, we're going to struggle to score runs. That's 3 easy outs right there. And add in Ensberg, too.

Only legitimate threat we have is Berkman. Everybody else is just pure trash. Time to call up Pence, et al, and let them have a chance.

20. sammy

Its gonna be tough to rebound from this sweep. Were not out by much so we could still make the playoffs. Its a long shot but you never know. Jason Lane should never be in our line-up and Ensberg needs help. Im actually glad that I cant watch the next 2 games.