1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ultimately BOB needs to play the better guy, especially with some of the dramatic cuts he's made based on performance. I don't see how he can justify playing the crappier QB.

Hoyer will get you a 75-80 QBrating.

Mallet will get you a 65 QBrating on the upper range of his ability if you're optimistic.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If we lose Thursday, put Hoyer back in and tank naturally.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

"tank naturally" should be this seasons battle cry.

4. Win

Win Contributing Member

What an F'd up season so far... (And I'm ever optimistic, typically). Mallett will never get it right, I fear. It's important that a QB has a little something known as 'touch'. Dude just torches it in on screens, short routes and in other unacceptable situations as if his mission is to just mow down carnival gallery targets to get a teddy bear for his stripper GF rather than to just complete an easy reception. Alas, Hoyer is the lesser of two evils at this point and in this weak division might have a chance to bring about a glimmer of hope along the rout Fitzpatrick did last year (though I know that would disappoint you 'tank now' members)

I can only conclude the Colts (no matter their current woes) will mow us down on national tv as they always do unless something spectacular happens. Something like the D stepping up and saving the day.

Go Texans!

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Not calling you out specifically, but I'm just wondering why our season should hinge on this one game alone?

I think it's pretty obvious that we're not a very good team, and even IF we win our division, we're going nowhere in the postseason. So what's the point in trying to win when our best chance of succeeding in the future is to fill our roster with more talent?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Going to 1-4 and losing to the Colts would mean the Texans have no chance at the post-season, if they win, they'll have a shot at the post-season. If you can make the post-season, your season isn't over. Also, anything can happen once you get into the playoffs.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The chances of us winning the Super Bowl are between 80/1 and 100/1. Anything can happen, but I'm not willing to bet its us winning.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not completely against tanking, but tanking when you still have a shot at the playoffs is just a loser's mentality.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

This isn't like the Luck draft. Goff is far from the slam dunk that other #1s were.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Things can definitely change between now and the draft, but Goff as "first QB off the board" seems better than Bortles as first QB off the board. No, he's not a slam dunk like Luck, but few are and that doesn't mean he won't be good. To feed into the easy comparison, Aaron Rodgers wasn't a slam dunk. Alex Smith went #1 in 2005 but Rodgers went #24.

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The Texans can win this game. Defense needs to step up and get a lot of pressure on Luck. The offense just needs to limit mistakes and run the ball well.

12. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Can't believe some of you guys are actually disrespecting Andre like that. He was an AMAZING player for us. Just because he's on the Colts now, doesn't mean we have to hate on him. And yeah, I realize that he demanded for a trade but honestly... I didn't blame him. He wanted to win. I don't think he should've chosen the Colts though. If I were him, I would've gone with the Packers, Patriots, or Broncos.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's on a division rival, heretofore, he can slob a knob.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I will be watching this game intently.*

*during commercial breaks on the Astros game

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Ryan Mallett has higher QB rating than the Colts’ Andrew Luck
    By Matt Young on October 6, 2015

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...-higher-qb-rating-than-the-colts-andrew-luck/

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I'm going to this game but desperately want to back out. My focus is 100% on the stros and my eyes will be glued to my phone. This Texans team is the anti-Astros. They're bums.

Hopefully they have the game on somewhere in the club level.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

But according to that analogy, the Texans get Alex Smith by tanking but get Aaron Rodgers if they don't. I agree Goff looks better than Bortles but remember that Bortles was not a 1st round pick at this time that year. I believe Bridgewater was the #1 QB people thought. And he ended up dropping tothe end of the 1st round. Tanking is such a gamble.

18. Major

Major Member

There's nothing that stopped SF from taking Aaron Rodgers. Tanking is not a gamble at all - a better draft pick is never a bad thing. That said, I don't think people realize that sucky teams lose because they suck, not because they are tanking. All these players and coaches have careers on the line, and they will always do everything they can to win every game.

19. Major

Major Member

LOL. Already setting the stage for your reversal to support whatever the Texans decide to do, I see. Last year, you advocated switching to Mallett to help them tank.

[​IMG]

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I love all 3 teams in Houston, and would be over the moon if they were competing for titles.

Having said that, the gulf between the Astros and Rockets, and the Texans is astounding, and frankly depressing. They clearly have a plan, and a very sharp front office capable of executing that plan. Great scouting, pragmatic choices. If you aren't gonna compete for a title, than at least lose the games with a clear purpose.

The Texans just kind of muddle through from season to season. 4 games in, and the local NFL team is a complete afterthought to me.