1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it has nothing to do with his "okay games", but everything with how he has looked physically.

1) he can not run.
    2) he can not get off blocks.
    3) he makes a ton of money which eats up cap space.

those three things make it impossible to keep him around. TBH, he's no longer a viable option at ILB. you're making this personal, when it's just business. his ability no longer matches his price tag, so that makes him extremely vulnerable to getting cut. Just like JJo and Andre.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it's clear you have no idea what play he was referring to.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

1) He can not run like he used to, doesn't mean he's still not a good ILB
    2) He is being asked to occupy those blocks allowing the safeties to roam free and make plays. This is different from what he has been asked to do in the past
    3) Find me an ILB who is available and a better and cheaper option at ILB and I'll agree with you on this.

This is not personal. I don't know the dude personally. I do know that a lot of starters on this defense are playing much worse than he is. Ted Johnson played ILB for Romeo Crennel and explained his role as an ILB. If anything Cushing is undersized, not slow. ILBs in Romeo's scheme don't make huge highlight plays and they are often late to the ball carriers because they are occupying the guards who are usually much bigger than Cushing.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

ACL injuries don't fully heal until over a year after surgery. Cushing isn't his usual self, but he can't be truly judged until next season. His contract sucks though.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm assuming you mean the Bradshaw reception touchdown. Let me know if I'm wrong. Swearinger was telling Cushing his assignment. DJ does this a lot so it looks like the coaches have made that part of his duties.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

2) What? It's the DT's who occupy blocks so the LB's can come in and wreck shop. No defense in the history of football has the ILB "occupy blocks".
    3) Rick should draft an ILB every single year, but clearly he has not a clue because the last ILB he's drafted was Sharpton in 2010.

If cushing will rip up his contract and take a massive pay cut, I'm on board with keeping him. Otherwise, he's no where close to his current price tag.

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The play right before the Andre fumble:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OAUVxlpxzB3/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Blue for some reason shifts into the defender, if he doesn't.....

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also worth noting is that Duane Brown was totally and completely worthless on that play.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

ive seen him do this alot.

not sure what happened, but he's not reliable anymore.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wasn't Brown a proven PED user that required a 5 game suspension at one point?

Not surprising to see a dramatic drop-off in production once their bodies finally catch up with their true-selves.

If he is indeed on the way to being "done"... I'd rather the Texans address that in the draft before a QB.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, Brown ate an energy bar or whatever from GNC and didn't check the label, it wasn't anything legitimately PED related, but still banned.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Suspended 4 games in 2010.