1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans 11/3/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Great point. I have noticed that he does loft the ball pretty high even in the first game with Hopkins, but it works for him. You are right that the zip on the ball is going to be important on the mid level throws.

But he does know where to put the ball on the long throws for sure.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dude... It's just a game.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Which one lost this game to us in the second half?

The absence of Arian Foster (the whole game).. or the hopinh Kubiak would be okay?

I really feel like the team lost it when Kubiak left. It must have been detrimental to them. When things were going so well for us, this had to happen. I don't understand why we can't just get a break.

I wonder how the team feels right now. I also wish the Colts didn't win that challenge against Andre's catch that would have given us a 1st down, and a potential TD or a FG, because we were at the what, 15 yard line?

I really just couldn't believe we allowd 3 TD's in the second half, and 0 in the first. We can never be consistent this year.

I'm just glad we finally all have came to a conclusion that Case Keeper, I mean Case Keenum is a keeper. We saw he can throw with one of the best tonight, and if it wasn't for the devastating, heart breaking, extremely sad collapse of Kubiak at halftime, I'm pretty keen that the Texans would have had a positive intellectual mood coming outta the locker room for the start of the 3rd.

In other cases, the Texans offensive line needs to help Case out more. I really feel like we need new pieces... start rebuilding... don't think we are making the playoffs this year. Or, is there a chance? Is it worth playing Keenum this season knowing we won't make the playoffs and also maybe risk injuring Keenum? Versus saving and preserving Keenum for next season where we will actually have a chance at going deep with Case IF we rebuild with important new pieces?

I don't know what the solution is guys. But I do know that Case Keenum is a keeper.

Welcome to the Keenum era. I smell a Superbowl appearance for our Texans in 1-2 years with him.

These were my thoughts during my game, decided to share with ya'll. Thanks for reading!

Goodnight guys!

1 person likes this.
  4. Stack24

They showed a stat. 1 team has made playoffs starting 2-6.

On the flip side 14 teams have made playoffs after starting 3-5

So odds are beyond slim.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know this may seem like a crazy question for some and I considered it too...but we have to play him.

I think him getting the experience is worth a lot more than say going back to Schaub (losing more games) and keeping Keenum healthy. He needs to learn, I think that is the biggest thing.

He does look good enough though to pass up on the QBs in this particular draft (IMO) and instead draft a stud Olinemen or linebacker or heck even a DB apparently..

6. Stack24

Yeah you have to run him out the rest of the season. We have to see a larger sample size of how Keenum is going to do in the pros. If we see he can keep it up and has a future then we don't have to worry about a high pick at QB and we can go a different route.

There is 0 reason to put Schaub back in at this point. We are done with that era and we have to just face it.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They should draft a qb high no matter what. Worst case they can get a lot of picks for the qb.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm just convinced you're stupid.

Wow.

9. plates300

plates300 Member

Ignore the collapse for a second and look at the bigger picture...Everyone has been on Kubiak for the past couple of years for being so conservative in his play calling. Last night showed us that Kubiak is a great offensive mind and is hardly the conservative that everyone thinks he is. The fact that he has been able to hide Schaub's glaring deficiencies over the years is a testament to his offense. So far, Keenum has shown so much more potential than Schaub ever has. I hate that it's taking a terrible season to find our QB of the future, but better now than later. Schaub might as well start looking for a new job.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Houston Texans are now officially a Houston Oiler's clone - I mean this ISH is so reminiscint of them it is scary.

DD

11. Raven

Raven Member

I don't care how good Keenum is, unless the next regime is as incompetent as the current, they will draft a QB - early. How early depends on how well Keenum continues to play.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah, they definitely have to draft a QB early. We don't know how good Keenum will be long term, even with the remaining games for this season.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This kid is a stud.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Randy? Is that you?

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Another crummy Monday morning thanks to the Texans, six weekends in a row, save the bye week

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, at least our player/consultant Ed Reed finally had an impact on the game......................................

17. Raven

Raven Member

That's not it. The question isn't whether Keenum can play (he can), the question is whether he can stay healthy. I'm obsessing on this point, I know, but I think having a solid backup is more important with a small framed QB, and Keenum looks like a mouse on the field.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

when was the last time the defense created a turnover?

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Anybody else annoyed with the constant confusion the defense seems to have at the line, in terms of coverage assignments and play calls?

I guess a lot of that is felt with Cushing's loss (he was the play-caller on defense), but last night we saw shades of the New England game, with players not knowing who was supposed to be covered at the line, and guys being left wide open due to miscommunication/poor execution in coverage (luckily, Luck missed a gimme TD on one of them by never even looking the guys way).

They have a solid 3-4 base defense... but this defense becomes awfully exposed once they get spread out.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

anybody who watches the texans knows that all good teams do this against wade. they shift the TE side very late and that makes the dline switch because reed has to be on the strong side and mercilus has to be weak side. NE did this repeatedly with several shifts and it's embarrassing, it's a major weakness of wade's system. also the rb is the lb's responsibility and again in wade's dime package which lb goes out wide with a rb is confusing. again another weakness in wade's system.