1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans 11/3/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He's untouchable....must be McNair's long lost son or something.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Agree, and that's saying a lot... that post was insta-ban material.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

And just ignore the phantom calls? The clear fumble that the refs somehow claimed was called dead even though no one heard a whistle? The defense made several key plays, even in the second half... Unfortunately for us they were on the receiving end of some terrible calls and couldn't keep it up all night.

I'll be the first to admit that the D this has been subpar but to blame anyone but the kicker is asinine IMO. And the loss of kubiak as well... That def didnt help.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right. I'm not saying they shouldn't worry about Kubes. They are human.

All I'm saying is other teams seem to rally around these kind of things...our team goes in the opposite direction.

Yep. Tired of the defense getting excuses. They could have and should have won this game. They knew the colts needed 5 points...they gave up those points and more.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You realize these conspiracy thoughts are your mind twisting emotion into logic? I'm not saying dicey calls don't happen, but it's not some master devil anti-Texans plan that are going through the refs head when they make these calls. Hell, it was called a catch on the field. Hell, Reed didn't have to be a dumbass old man who doesn't change. Hell, backup-for-a-reason Sharpton doesn't have to hit Luck going out of bounds.

It's not like these calls are unique situations that only happen in Texans games. As a gambler/fantasy player, I can assure you it's happening everywhere. Texans are currently riddled with too many bad and poorly coached players who are making bad plays at terrible times. It's not a ref conspiracy.

6. AB423

AB423 Member

I had a feeling that the 4th and 1 play was going to come back and haunt us. Kubiak got caught up in the momentum and the crowd.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

How do you block that when your head coach who has input on every play is out.

You assume they knew more. Listen to Wades press conference. Please.

8. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

The way this crazy season has been....I can actually see the Texans winning 8 in a row to get into the playoffs as a wildcard at 10-6 and then winning the dang Super Bowl. It's just that crazy. Stranger things have happened.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Quick soundbites from Ch.2:

Wade:
    Played our hearts out again.
    Disappointed we gave up the 2 TD lead. We were in zone and gave up a long play that put them back in the game.
    We made all the big plays first half; they did the second half.
    QB played outstanding.
    No reason for 60 yard play (with 2 TD lead). I'll take a lot of that.

Bullock:
    Rough night for me.
    Very disappointing.
    Didn't see this coming.
    Still have confidence in myself; guys telling me to keep my head up.

Keenum:
    We missed on a few 3rd downs in the 2nd half
    Missed Posey in the endzone, probably should have hit Garrett instead of going for the big play

Duane:
    We made all the plays in the first half. Second half, came out slower. Can't keep giving them opportunities. We couldn't pull it out. Very frustrating. We have to move on.

Watt:
    Very frustrating. Tough league. You have to play well at all times, for an entire game. We didn't do that and a lot of times here we haven't put together enough plays to win.

Swearinger: Can't pinpoint it but didn't play as a team. (1st half/2nd half difference blah blah blah)

Sharpton: Didn't play as well as we did in the first half. Gotta watch the film. Gotta have the same effort/execution as we did in the first half. Unfortunate it happened that way.

#1509 J.R., Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  10. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Why? Bullock would have missed the FG anyway....

11. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

We are in the .1%. Let's rally around this, brothers, and make the playoffs.
    Seriously though, I want to see Case and what he can do for us the rest of the season. Definitely not say that we will make the playoffs by any stretch, but let's just see exactly what we have and weigh on options on this.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

All I want to say is... that overturned call on the AJ catch was total bulls***.

13. AB423

AB423 Member

lol true that

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

so if he gets those 6 points the rest of the game, including the defense plays, plays out the exact same way. colts call the exact same plays and we call the exact same defenses. those 6 points literally have no impact on the game other than the scoreboard. makes sense.... :rolleyes:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The calls were horrible. Especially the Andre call, that call is so horrendous I can't blame someone for wondering if anything shady was going on. No way is that a incomplete pass, especially after they called it a complete pass on the field.

But the defense gave up 21 points. Yes they are supposed to keep it going for the second half too. I mean the situation was such that if they get a single stop they win the game. They are not clutch, they don't make the big stop to win the game...twice now we've seen them get rolled over in the 2nd half for another team to just come back...this is not counting the blowouts.

Also...they do not make any big plays.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did I say they had no impact?

17. ipaman

i love you're enthusiam but don't get your hopes up. as a fan of the team i'd rather the highest possible draft pick at this point. remember it's not just the 1st round that is higher but each consecutive pick is also higher which for this team is an absolute must. we have major holes to fill and we need a solid draft.

if case pans out, and so far so good, in combination with a very good draft we can turn it around very quickly and be in contention again next year. making the playoffs only to be bounced early doesn't do much for draft which to me hurts your chances at the ultimate goal which is a SB.

history has shown the .500 path gets you no where. the tank and reload quickly combined with a solid draft is a proven option.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Sharpton hit Luck in the same motion that he threw the pass. Reed pushed a receiver in the shoulder. As for the Andre play, you better believe that officials know when a play is reviewable.

I strongly believe that make-up calls happen in sports. I don't think I'm alone. I don't think it's a grand anti-Texans conspiracy in general, but I think officials are human and when they're being accused of being biased in one direction, they can let that influence future "close" calls that often go the other way.

It's not a "conspiracy", but it's a psychological phenomenon that exists. Anyway, it's irrelevant because I'm sincerely going to try and move on from this. At least for this year, I'm on full tilt with the NFL and need a break.

19. ipaman

make up calls are terrible because now you've made 2 mistakes.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Refs were atrocious on both sides of the ball...

How did they miss the Roughing the kicker call i dont know...And how did they have evidence to overturn a clear Martin fumble.

That roughing the passer hit was total BS...as was the overturn on AJohnson's catch....On a very similar play, the texans lucked out against the Titans which set up the heroics for DeAndre Hopkins in game#2. Missed fasemask against Tate.

This officiating crew was bad according to NFL standards...