1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Christian Wood's Los Angeles Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It might turn out that none of our young players has "it" in them. But not knowing how to win (yet) is not the same as stat-padding and not caring about winning.

vince and Patience like this.
  2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This is exactly what we have

Except for Tari, Jabari (in the future I hope), the mummified corpse of EGO, and questionably Green?
    The rest are hot garbage (honorable mention sengun)

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

Wood has his own weaknesses and there's a reason Kidd makes him play off the bench. That said, I don't think the team plays better by any means with Powell staring instead of Wood. Wood is much more efficient than the pair of garbage in kleber and powell who're simply not NBA-caliber starters to be quite honest, and wood seems to have good chemistry with Luka.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol buddy youre so disrespectful of sengun...hes that player but he cant do it if he is not given minutes and proper role...

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what happened to harden embiid pnr?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While I would argue that is not just stats padding but excessive losing will cause 'empty stats', amassing those 'empty stats' can't be argued as healthy.

You got to have the right mix of vets and youngins, the right mix of guards and bigs, the right mix of thick and thin.

The right amount of leadership, accountability, and a working understanding of what hierarchy entails.

Knowing exactly where to go instead of just leaving it to luck.

#128 daywalker02, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Jontro likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Haven’t been paying much attention to Wood this season. Do Mavs fans hate him yet?

clos4life, jim1961, Patience and 2 others like this.
  10. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

guy may be flawed but sorry to say he's still the best big mavs have, far better than trashes like powell kleber ect...

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is not disrespect, it is just not being speculative like you are. The difference between my statement is that I am stating actual facts, what has occurred to date. You are speculating on what ifs. If Sengun becomes that player, then sure we will have that type of player at that time. You are just making excuses for their failures. Its not like they have put him in the G league or benched him like JayGup. It would be disrespectful if we had some sort of perennial all-star on the roster who has led us to wins, but we will not have a single all star this year. Lol this is such a random statement too, because Sengun didn't even play today, and his replacement in KMJ ended up putting up great numbers and they actually won a game. Not really arguing for either player, but just think the timing of this statement is funny because no sengun lead to a win, and my point is we don't have guys who can do that for us consistently yet.

#131 BallSoHarden, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Jontro likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Wood is trash. Always will be.

13. vince

vince Member

I disagree that Wood is trash. He was a guy who played his way to a good contract after being an afterthought during the draft.

I don’t blame him for wanting to bolt from Houston, after all he thought he was going to play with Harden and Westbrook. And those fools bolted never giving a true chance for any chemistry to develop.

Wood was a disaster for the Rockets. But I think it was just a bad series of scenarios. I’m glad he choose to come to Houston initially. And I hope in the future talented players keep choosing to play here as the Rockets solicit their services.

theDude likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. MystikArkitect

Imagine watching Harden isoball fail to win a title for almost a decade and then put out a worse version of it with a more offensively and defensively inept version of Harden, and think things will be different.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Mavericks had an elite defense last year after they got rid of Porzingis - it bascially turned their season around.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. i3artow i3aller

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

lose Brunson, add Wood, and things ain’t looking too good

I’m just saying

Roomba and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Now I don't want to call Wood an empty stats guy who gets gaudy numbers and some flashy plays but doesn't contribute much to winning...

...but I think Wood might be an empty stats guy who gets gaudy numbers and some flashy plays but doesn't contribute much to winning