1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Christian Wood's Los Angeles Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 16, 2022.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Christian wood scores 16 consecutive points

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Luka's going to turn him into a lethal offensive weapon like harden did to capela
    Plus might just do his thing on the second unit and be a super 6th man

Hater's waiting for him to have some bad games lol its very quiet in here

4. i3artow i3aller

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Having fun?

Shots fired!

[​IMG]

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Oh come on man shut up already. I've been trying to respond nicely every time but that doesn't help at all with you.

If I tell you Zach Lowe had DFS on 2nd defensive team last year, is that enough for you? Or is he not qualified enough to tell you what's what? If Luka says DFS was 3rd best player on Mavs last year, is that still not enough for you?

And making assumptions about a player based on one game? Dude that's just plain stupid now.

Funny how lots of people on this board defend their players because "they watch their team closely and others don't, so they know what they're talking about". And here you come and do the same to people who watch their team much closely than you. Btw, you don't have to reply, just put me on ignore.

7. SamFisher

Christian Wood is going to play his way out of 6th Man of the year.

Mavericks are too offensively challenged when he's off the floor and the referee's aren't calling close fouls on Luka. The defensive trade-off is worth it and he's at least a decent rebounder.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

This thread has been awfully quiet lately. Rockets fans are just waiting for Wood to have a bad game so they can come post here.

Wood is a better offensive player than Jabari. Imagine if Jabari was averaging 23 ppg and could create his own shot like wood.

Rocket River and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when we first got Wood after his first few we were all so high on him. His warts started to show throughout the season.

Was never a skill issue with him, watching from afar it just seemed like he would have a negative attitude at times and played very selfishly. Coming off the bench is a good role for him because he can get his shots up without taking away from Luka.

He will have a good year offensively but there will be games where he can't be on the floor at the end of the game due to defense.

Patience likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Literally nobody thinks Jabari is a better offensive player than wood right now. However Jabari is a baby and already has more blocks than Wood has had his entire career.

Also, Jabari would easily average 23 if he had a good coach and a playmaker like doncic.

Stupid take.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Anyone who thought Wood wasn’t our best overall player last year is kidding themselves.

Clearly it seems motivation to give his best effort was lacking being stuck on a young tanking team. Doesn’t say a whole lot about his professionalism, but I think it’s pretty clear he has some very high end offensive talent and in the right situation can be very helpful.

12. SamFisher

Kidd has obviously adhered to this philosophy but it has kind of backfired in the 2 close games they played thus far - the Mavericks defense wasn't good enough and the offense was "stand around and watch Luka"

As of right know the offensive upside of Wood is substantially greater than the defensive downside - his on-off rating is something like +25

Also the idea of him as a second unit destroyer (see Sengun) is working otu pretty well.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I never understood the Wood hate but I also didn't bother to defend him. He for sure was the whipping boy last season by unanimous decision

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

their coach still doesn't starting and doesn't trust him for 30 min plus for whatever reason

15. RocketsDraftTV

this thread has been quiet, just like the harden thread

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are kidding yourself statistician boy
    sengun is better than wood... cant beat nepotism and coach tho...

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wish him well . .. . .

Rocket River

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wood and Powell are place holders for Antetokounmpo if he ever decides to play with Luka.... (or Steph in the Bay area)

19. Millennium_Fan

still glad hes gone