1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 15, 2022.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You should be happy today then. This is what I'm hearing from Cows' fans and the talking heads in the Dallas media this morning:

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hard disagree. My best friend is a Philly sports fan, and through him I've met a bunch of Philly fans. Individually, they are all actually pretty cool. Even as a group, they understand their reputation and almost play into it as an act. Plus, there are actually very few bandwagon Philly sports fans. They are pretty diehard as a group, and ultimately all their shenanigans are due to the fact that they are very intense about their teams. Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys OTOH are insufferable because a large number of them are bandwagon, and therefore can't actually have a real discussion about their team. They actually couldn't give a **** less about whether the team wins or loses.....they are just trolls that want to talk **** whenever the team is on top.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And their best arguments will remind ppl how many titles they have. No matter how long it’s been. Very annoying

cmoak1982 and charlieaustin like this.
  4. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I get what you are saying. I wasn't referring to the bandwagoning. My in-laws are from Bucks county? I do not question their loyalty, but I do question their willingness to goad visitors into fights, and to throw batteries at Santa. and these are 6 figure earners.
    In my Jeff Foxworthy voice.......If you have a courtroom in your stadium, you might be an Eagles fan

PS the Bills mafia did not represent well last Saturday with the snowball frenzy.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I actually found their tossing snowballs to be quite hilarious to watch. The shots of the kids with snowmen and a pile of snowballs was classic!

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Willing to buy into this regarding the Eagles, Sixers and, especially, the Flyers; but when I lived in MD in the late '90's and early 00's, I'd make the drive up to Philly for Astros games and there were MAYBE 10K to 12K people rattling around the worst ballpark in the majors. Never felt unsafe wearing Astros gear cuz their team sucked. Rolled up late one afternoon and was met by an exodus of Philly fans streaming out of the building after the Astros built a 7-0 lead after 2 innings. It was great back then cuz you could buy $5 GA tickets day of the game and sit behind home plate. Cannot stress enough what a TERRIBLE place to watch baseball the old Vet was.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

74zg9u.jpg

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Sh`t is rusted shut.

“The Texans have not played a game with the roof open this season and had it open just once in 2021, a Dec. 12 loss to Seattle. The roof, whose total cost has been estimated at about $48 million, also was open three times during the 2020 season when capacity was limited because of the coronavirus pandemic. Prior to that, it had not been open for a Texans game since 2014.”

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I hated going to games and the roof was closed. Last game I went to when the roof was open was a Sunday night game vs Colts. The game Kubiak had a heart attack.

desihooper and J.R. like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pretty sure the Texans will explore options of a new stadium at some point (probably after the world cup is here and reveals even more problems with the venue).

NRG has not aged well and it’s pretty limited what can be done in terms of renovations or updates to spruce it up. Sorta like the Texans franchise itself…

whag00 likes this.
  12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Knock down NRG and the Astrodome to build a mega stadium

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Or just leave it for the rodeo to use… and the Texans build on land they have full control over, including the ability to put in entertainment/restaurants/hotels for SB purposes (the model with most new stadiums nowadays).

14. SuraGotMadHops

If you sit in the wrong end zone with the roof open during the day you will get sunburned to hell. Big design/orientation flaw. Even if the weather is pleasant, night games are the only situation where the fan experience is comfortable everywhere in the stadium.

If the McNairs want a new stadium, be smart about it and don't do what Bud did and demand the new building in the middle of the team sucking ass.

But I agree that NRG has not aged well at all and it's looking outdated. MMP is about the same age exactly but they have been able to maintain it and renovate areas where it stays looking fresh and modern.

raining threes likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All open air stadiums have direct sun at some point or another. The sky is not a design flaw. It doesn’t last more than an hour or so as the sun does move. How do all those fans survive? Pray for non sunny days?

Same things happen in day games in Austin.

Also, if the Texans (or any Houston team) wants a new stadium, the teams are going to have to figure it out themselves. Taxpayers aren’t funding the bulk of stadiums in this day/age.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Stadiums are even built for the sun to beam on the visitors

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You call it a big design flaw, but in Miami they call it clever design LOL, look at the left end zone, I have heard people leave their seats, because the sun is soo bad.

[​IMG]

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

(banging my head against the keyboard)... every open air stadium for a noon game on a sunny day is going to HAVE DIRECT SUN.

david_rocket and red5rocket like this.
  19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah I know your point and I agree to it I was just using the most recent example, of that.
    He said, it was a big flaw in the design, but I showed the opposite that teams use it as an advantage, its NOT a flaw.