1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday Noon on CBS Announcers are Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Welp, at least we can listen to the sweet sounds of a gus-gasm while we get our asses kicked.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Texans 24
    Chefs 21

Our running attack has been figured out :( ... but Neil Rackers wins it.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Chiefs offense is medicore at best, I say crap, so they should feel good playing our secondary. Their defense and special teams have been impressive so that is something to look at. Saying that, I think we will be able to move the ball on these guys and put up some points.

28-17 Texans

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

The worst possible thing the Texans can do this Sunday is stop the run..Because if they do that means they pass more...which means a)Cassell has career game b)Dwayne Bowe has career game c) Kareem gets interception but gives up 10 catch/2 touchdown game to Bowe d)Eugene Wilson gets cramps .........Chiefs 31 Texans 13

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

Meltdown Sunday?

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

It's a good thing Matt Cassel is a terrible quarterback, or else the Chiefs would actually be one of the 2-3 best teams in the AFC.

This actually plays to the Texans' strengths for once, but this pass defense is so bad I wonder if even Ryan Mallet wouldn't go off on this team. Plus I wouldn't rule out a special teams disaster or two especially with that McCluster kid.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Predicting wins didn't work for me, neither did abstaining from predictions. So, I'll try the old reverse jinx.

28-21 Chiefs

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So, should I start the entire Chiefs WR corp on my fantasy team or just the guy Jackson is guarding?

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Can't believe I'm dreading a home game.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I still expect a win here. This team has a horrible habit of coming out and playing flat, but they've been decent in responding afterwards. That's no formula for making the postseason, but I think they'll be under enough fire to take care of business Sunday.

That said:

Colts: Manning lit us up for 433 yards, has averaged 294 since (352 high mark).

Skins: Even in a losing effort, they easily posted their season high in scoring (27) against us. They haven't cracked 18 against anyone else. With 5 games, McNabb literally posted a third of his season's passing yards against us (426).

Cowboys: we gave them their lone win of the season, and their football was as sloppy against us as it was any other week this year. Their 27 pts was also a high water mark for the season so far.

Raiders: we gave them their best passing game of the season, and their highest scoring total at that point (bested Sunday vs Chargers). Also the best day for an individual receiver (Miller - 122 yards)

Giants: Stop me if you've heard this before: highest point total so far this season. Best day for any of their receivers (Nicks - 130).

And as much heat as we're giving to the defense, our strengths on offense this year have been erratic and unable to make up for such a terrible defense. Schaub has had 3 bad games and 2 good. Johnson and Daniels have been limited. Foster and the run blocking have literally been boom or bust. You may as well flip a coin for the run and passing game each week. 34 points, 30 points, 13 points, 31 points, 10 points.....the defense has been consistently bad every week. When the offense lays an egg, we lose. That simple.

Looking at the Chiefs, Cassel's as limited by his receivers as they are by him. His main target is their TE Moeaki, so hopefully Cushing helps shore up that and the CBs elevate their game against survivable matchups.

I'm not too worried about Thomas Jones going through the tackles, but Charles has been really good at breaking through front sevens for big gains. He's breaking out for 20+ yards more frequently (per attempt) than anyone else in the league (about once every 12 carries, Foster has done so once every 19, Chris Johnson once every 28, Peterson once every 29). This is the most likely big play threat. Of course, Kubiak's backwards thinking about wanting run stoppers instead of cover guys in his secondary should help contain him.

Again, I see the team renting some motivation and making a statement game of sorts on Sunday.

27-16

1 person likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

With our remaining schedule, making the playoffs after losing this game seems nigh impossible.

Stop me if you've heard this before, but this game is "the most important game in franchise history".

14. Landlord Landry

I doubt Kansas City scores more than 21 points. Unless Charles goes for 200 yards.

I don't have a score prediction, I just think the Texans are going to murder the Chiefs.

also, just a reminder...

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Texans 24 - 17

16. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Texans usually play better the game after a stinker. They can't let the Chiefs hang around. Get up early and keep pouring it on.

Texans 32
    Chiefs 13

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Third straight home game we've been favored to win. Can we please win this one?

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Our first offensive play from scrimmage will be a pass.

In our first 5 games, our first play has always been a pass and in 4 of those 5 games, our first 3 plays were all passes (our 3rd play against Dallas was a run).

#17 Cannonball, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This. They build us up, then bring us way down, then salvage what's left of the hype to recover. They never get embarrassed two weeks in a row. I wouldn't be surprised if we win this and then lose the next two, putting us right back at 5-5 where we've been two of the last three seasons.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I would pray for a win just so he doesn't post here for a week.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I have no idea who is going to show up.