1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 22, 2021.

1. raining threes

So you have a regional bias.

I dont care where a guy is from, all I want is Caserio to do a great job and bring a true contender to Kirby.

Caserio is going to be here for the next 4-5 years atleast. So would you rather Caserio fail and you be correct, or would you rather be wrong and Caserio do a great job and bring a true contender to Kirby?

King1 likes this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Honestly... Even if they became good which I would love, I'd still curl my lip up at the thought of Caserio being behind it... I just don't like the way they shoved the NE way in our faces and played coy about it... This was planned the moment McNair brought the team to Houston

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Its not true, that McNair, since they brought the team to Houston, wanted to go the NE way, because in the Kubiak era, we had the same but with the Broncos, we were the Denver Texans with most of the players, most of the coaching staff were from the Broncos, trying to copy the 97-98 Broncos championship formula, including the great OL, and the elite RB, and the bootleg, with Schaub and Foster.

McNair only wants to copy the formula, but cant do a formula of his own.

I get it the Patriots South its bad, but if Caserio does a great job, and builds a great team, I wouldnt mind it.

4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

raining threes likes this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

My bad .. forgot about those years.... But at least it wasn't an arrogant pathetic attempt at it... They didn't shove it in our faces IMO like they've been doing with the Patriots.... Just a gullible ass Front Office on Kirby...

6. raining threes

What's currently being shoved in our faces.

Be specific,

I cant see anything that's really been shoved in our faces. BTW, I get that it appears that you want Texans running the Texans. Well the McNair's aren't from Texas, neither was Casserly, RS etc... Did you feel the same way about them that you feel about Caserio?

I knew Casserly/RS were never going to bring a championship to Kirby. Do you feel like Caserio cant bring a championship to Kirby, or is it you just dont like the man. All I care about is on fild results and so far Caserio has met my expectations when it comes to the on field product. It's TBD if he can bring a championship to Kirby. Re-builds take time. So far Caserio is off to a good start on the re-build. IMHO He's just gotta hit on the next couple of drafts and he certainly has the picks needed to do the job. I'm just hoping Caserio can add 4 guys from the draft and find cheap FA guys like KGH/Collins/Kirksey etc... 7 difference makers in one offseason/plus the 2023 offseason adding 7 more and this team is on it's way to contending by 2024.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Houston went dos

Screenshot_20211227-234352_Gallery.jpg

Only one of those four isn't a surprise

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

2-50 with 250 million

It's amazing how weight changes facial appearance. Makes you look older too

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I hear you with running backs, and you can still find great ones later on, but you can pretty much guarantee that you are getting a stud with a round 2 pick. If we burn him up over the next 4-5 years, who cares? Draft another one.

#149 STR8Thugg, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Jontro, cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I hear you with the patriots south bullshit. Easterby just ****ing grinds my gears to no end. But Caserio has gotta be one of the least aggressive, in-your-face, Rex Ryan types of people in football I could think of. I don't think he's shoving anything in anyone's face. That BS, uppity, we-know-what-we-are-doing feeling that you are getting from the Texans? You know, that football feeling? That's Captain Jack Easterby.

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Moon's day is even more impressive when you take into account he did it on the road at Arrowhead in the rain and subfreezing temperatures against a Bill Cowher/Tony Dungy coached defense that was considered one of the best in the league. This article additionally goes on to document the number of drops and completions negated by penalties. Moon also decided to forego trying to break the record by running out the clock at the end.

https://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl...n-for-650-yards-in-an-nfl-game-150851268.html

Houstunna and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lol... My disgust runs deeper than Jack... I don't like none of em... Nick, Jack, Bob, Romeo, Vrabel, the former NE players brought in , etc... I again just hated the movement/process that started with the Obrien hire... I was b****in about it back then that the transformation was incoming... I saw it coming and still don't think they're done...

BMoney likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

One of the thoughts that went through my mind when the Texans were up on the Chiefs was that Schaubie could finally some peace in Houston.

Jontro and Houstunna like this.
  14. raining threes

I see you're being irrational, I'm giving Caserio and his 6 rings the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully McDaniels is on his way to Kirby.

#154 raining threes, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Haynesworth falling on Schaub's foot was the beginning of the end for that Era

raining threes likes this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I suggest that you all stop, take a breath and get off the pendulum swing for a while. Mills came in having played in only 13 college games as a 3rd round pick. He gets forced into action, falters (naturally given the **** show the Texans were) and he's instantly labeled as a bust. He gets benched for TT (who in turn crashed and burned). He's given the rest of the season to be the starting QB, manages to look like a professional QB and now the finger pointing is reaching epic proportions. The reality is that over time, Mills has shown the potential to be good, maybe even quite good but it's all dependent on how well he's developed by an organization that's basically a clown show masquerading as a professional football team. As I see it, the odds of him succeeding are stacked against him.

Red.Glare and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I certainly understand his position. I am deeply skeptical of these attempts to duplicate what Bill Belechik has created without having Bill himself in the room. And that entire episode which led to Caserio being hired - the way it all went down - still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Ditto for that "press conference" where an excited Caserio introduces the next head coach David Culley - an obviously unqualified coach. But you are correct: he'll be here for at least 4-5 more years so it's best to reserve judgement until his track record can be properly evaluated. But let me leave you with this one fact that appears to have escaped notice: between the McNairs (owners) and Nick (GM) sits Jack Easterby. Does anyone here truly believe that Easterby has Nick's back?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. raining threes

Shocking that you would make these posts. This really comes down to, do you believe Cal when he said Caserio was in charge of all things in the football operations side of the Texans. I choose to be optimistic.

Seeing how Mills has done so far with so few starts under his belt and how he's developed, I would say Pep has done a great job of developing Mills. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Mills can do with a competent OL, run game. We've only seen the beginning of Mills and his talent.

Of course I'm an optimist and you well maybe not so much.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

But why though-?