1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 22, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Now for some positivity…

I’ve been Mills biggest critic. The Buffalo game, some of the early blowouts, I didn’t think he could develop, if ever, for years, and at that I put his ceiling as a career backup.

Realistically, he’s probably a career backup. However, I’ve slowly come around on the idea of not taking a QB and letting Mills have a chance from jump next year. Now I’m fully on board. He absolutely deserves a shot. We don’t need to go stupid like the Giants with Jones, and let him stick around for 5 years if it doesn’t pan out, but he deserves next year.

Hopefully, we remain in the top 3 in the draft and can take 1 of the big 3 Thibideaux, Hutchinson, or Neal. Hamilton is a stud too, but safety at that draft position you better be sure they are the next Sean Taylor. I think Hamilton is a beast, but regardless we should be able to heavily improve the roster around mills.

RUNNING BACK IN THE SECOND ROUND IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST.

I’m allowing myself to start seeing a small light, and believe in some optimism for the first time in a looong time.

Terrific showing yesterday. Shout out to Collins, Dorsett, Jordan, and TREMONE SMITH ON OFFENSE!

MadMax, ROCKSS, ROXRAN and 5 others like this.
  2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

GOT EM. ZAKHEM!!!!

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Be careful -- the "real" fans are going to bite your head off if you dont proclaim Mills the next MVP or something. :rolleyes:

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This has been my premise for a while. See what the kid has got. We’re not filling in all the holes on this team in one offseason. He at least can be a stop gap, he might even be more. The physical tools are there.

Caserio has had a very nice first draft imo. Will be so awesome if we can consistently hit in middle rounds. Something we’ve never done.

ROXRAN and raining threes like this.
  5. STR8Thugg

I think it’s still hard to tell whether it was truly a very solid draft or if the team lack of talent has forced so many rookies into playing time. However, sometimes that can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Young players need playing time to get better.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. STR8Thugg

He’s definitely the MVP of crushing fair weather fans hearts.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah. Probably a bit of both scenarios. But the rooks have showed up when given the chance. At least showed they can play in the league.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Or giving blissfully optimistic fans something to root for! Hey - Best rookie QB in the league huh -- HUH? :D

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Looked to me like pep Hamilton was calling plays yesterday.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Spot on, man. I agree 100%

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Isiah Spiller could be there in rd 2

STR8Thugg and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Would love to get him

Fulgore likes this.
  13. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Be careful -- the stupid (no quotes needed) fans are going to bite your head off if you don't proclaim Mills the worst QB in the history of ever or something. :rolleyes:

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. raining threes

I've been saying this from the beginning in regards to Mills and some posters had already passed judgement on Mills. I'm glad to see you're open minded.

I'm along the lines of dont draft a RB until rd 3 maybe even the later Saints 3rd rd pick.

Keep Burkhead, sign a young vet like Johnson from the Browns in FA and draft a RB in the 3rd. A great improvement in the RB room. Draft a couple of OL like Neal, Kinnard and now we would get to see more games like yesterday's game.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

The Texans were so deprived of talent that Caserio looks like he knows what he doing in some ways... Unless Nico , Davis Mills, and Roy Lopez were absolute duds, it looks like he had a good draft... When actually those players wouldn't sniff the field(ok maybe some packages) if we had decent talent... Now he getting kudoses... Let's wait until year 3 or 4 to see... But I'm on record as saying he's terrible as of now... lol

mario_v likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This is what stands out to me on the coaching…Pep Hamilton probably has had more influence on Davis Mills progression than we realize. Really want his role expanded

17. raining threes

What would he have to do as of now for you to not consider him to be terrible?

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Announce his resignation and go back to NE

19. raining threes

What do you have against the man?

Seems personal to me. It's like you're rooting for Caserio to fail.

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Ain't that deep.. But yeah , I hated the whole Patriots South movement years ago... So anyone from that tree can head back northeast in my mind...