1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 2, 2010.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you serious?

jesus some of y'all are just giant p*****s. this guy has in no way been "trolling" this board.

remove that tampon out of your gaping vag and move on.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ahh was thinking 6 eastern so 5 central. Dang...gotta deal with this loss a little more.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

please.

nobody wants to hear this garbage anymore. save the "silver lining" nonsense for the rockets dismal season thus far. no more waiting around for this team to come around. i was barely in my 20's when this team came into existence... i'm 11 months from 30 and we're still hearing and seeing the same ineptness we were on day one.

f*** that.

4. SuraGotMadHops

This better happen soon

[​IMG]

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

look im as dissapointed as anyone but were not out of it yet is all im saying..

8 games left. 4 against division rivals. take care of business.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Today was my first NFL game experience! I have lived in Houston forever but never been to a pro football game. I watch the Texans on TV often, but I've never considered myself a "fan" because they've always been more of an embarrassment than a point of pride for the city. How some of you guys wear Texans gear in public I guess I'll never know, but more power to you, I suppose. Gary Kubiak makes my skin crawl. But hey, football is football and I got a free ticket this morning, so off to Reliant I went.

Result was sadly predictable as the Texans found yet another way to lose at home. The crowd seemed pretty unfazed afterward, just filed out and got in their cars. Just another Sunday at Reliant! We appear to be staring down the barrel of the worst year and a half in Houston sports history. Unless the Rockets turn it around in a MAJOR way, none of the pro franchises (including the Dynamo and Aeros) will have made the playoffs in their most recent season. Rice and UH football aren't likely to go bowling. The last halfway decent sports accomplishment in this city was UH making the NCAA tourny on a fluke last season. Things aren't looking up for any of our teams, either. Pretty crazy.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What makes you think they can "take care of business?????????"

What indication have they given you that makes you think they are capable of that?

They are not gonna get a better secondary by the end of the year and they are not gonna get any more pressure on the QB. And Kubiak is not all of a sudden going to become a brilliant play caller.

Mathematically are they still in it? Sure

Realistically? This team has way too many holes, no discipline, and poor playcalling/schemes. Anyone watching this team play this season knows the playoffs are completely beyond their grasp

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

We are out of it. There is no silver lining.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, you're wrong. It doesn't matter where it happens on the field. He must control the ball after he hits the ground.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 4.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much...if we lose out the rest of the way (which won't happen, but just saying) it won't be a bad thing for this franchise.

We get a high pick and it's more proof to McNair that Kubiak is not the guy. The new guy can come in here and start rebuilding right away and start with the high draft position.

11. sammy

We've finished the last couple of seasons strong.

I'm just trying to remain optimistic but boy Kareem Jackson is making it really hard to :eek:

One game at a time. We've heard it a million times. The Jags are beatable and the Jets have showed that they are too.

12. sammy

Then stop watching. No one is forcing you to..

13. TheChosenOne

Sammy you are a delusional fan at this point. I will keep watching

14. TheChosenOne

Finally. A non-delusional sammy fan.

15. sammy

I'm delusional bc I pointed out that we have half the season left? And that 4 of those games are against divisional rivals..

We need to get back on track. Excuse me for remaining hopeful in the team. Yes our D sucks. Yes our coaching is suspect but if I didn't think we had a shot to beat these opponents, I would just quit watching Texans games.

I'm not sure why you would want to if you think that it's a forgone conclusion that we have mailed it in this season.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yep. The announcers even pointed out the the screen pass that went for a big gain was the first time Foster had touched the ball in the 4th quarter.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I thought he did have control of the ball prior to it touching the ground. IF not, then it definitely wasn't a catch.

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

He never lost control of the ball. He had it in the field of play, crossed the goal line to the end zone, and put it on the ground. He took several steps without the ball bobbling or whatever. IMO similar to the Calvin Johnson play, it needs to be looked at. If you catch it and then leave it on the ground after securing it(didn't Johnson roll a few times before he left it on the ground??) it should be a touch down. Likewise unless you are touched in the field of play also a fumble. Happening in the end zone removes the fumble because you secured possession in the end zone.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Yet another step in the desensitizing of my feelings for the Texans. The losses don't bother me anymore. The wins don't get me excited either. I've pretty much checked out and that bothers me. I want to be a good fan, but I just don't care anymore.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Texans
    1st half - 20 points
    2nd half - 3 points

The Chargers made adjustments. We didn't.