1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 2, 2010.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I never drink the koolaid so I am just not emotionally invested in any of the Houston pro teams. I may follow them with interest but I have learned to expect nothing from them and usually, that's exactly what I find myself getting: nothing.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What were you watching? Calvin's was IN THE ENDZONE, Arian made the catch OUTSIDE the endzone took multiple steps and broke the plane, TD

3. HillBoy

Yeah, I hear you. He definitely gets the Elvis "Toast" Patterson game ball for his play today.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'll call him a bust hes getting burnt by nobodys! And hes barely even in the pitcure on half of them..

Should have taken Dez Brynat I dont care what the cowboys record is everybody knew he was the best player available.....

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

They both fumbled the ball when it hit the ground so by rule, it isn't a catch. Both were the right calls according to the rules. The rule isn't good but the right call was made in both cases.

6. HillBoy

Ah contraire: You can block the kick but not by going through the kicker while he's extended his leg and is complete vulnerable which is what I saw happen. That's how the SD kicker got hurt. If the shoe was on the other foot and that had been the Texans' kicker, this place would have erupted. But there was no call so I guess it never happened.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Rhino's take is interesting though...and it could change the interpetation of the rule.

Because when is a catch a catch, and when is it not a catch?

Because it looked like a catch then a fumble......after a football move was made....much different that C Johnson's deal.

I think Rhino may be right here.

DD

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No, you are wrong. When a player has control of the ball in the open field, as long as he has control of the ball as it passes the plane of the endzone, it is a touchdown. It should have been ruled a touchdown before the fumble even occurred (and it wasn't even a fumble)That rule does not apply outside of the endzone. The completion of the catch rule is an endzone rule.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haha jets won. and the texans suck just like my cowboys.

:p

1 person likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I feel jaded after this loss, I think I've had too much disappointment between the Texans and the Rockets that I don't even feel angry anymore after this loss.

It sucks to be a Houston sports fan.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Well, I have decided to go skiing rather than watch what Gary Kubiak decides to crap out next Sunday, hopefully that will be a better use of my time :)

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm actually impressed by the Texans. The new and inventive ways they find to lose games is just amazing.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... when you get that much penetration, to the point where you can basically tackle the punter, its allowed. The block happened before the hit, and the defender went for the ball.

If a punter does get a kick off cleanly, then you can't be touching him (even if you were going for the block).

The refs would not have missed that blatant of a hellicopter. Had it happend to Turk, I would be saying the exact same thing.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I usually have to "expel" the koolaid, but I'm O.K. now. Our teams have mastered mediocrity, so at least they excel at something.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Right that there with you... think I've moved past denial into reluctantly accepting this team is what their record says they are... a .500 team... again.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I understand what the refs ruled, but I think Rhino is right.

He caught the ball, made a football move, and broke the plane, vastly different than C Johnsons.

DD

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wrong.

That would have been a catch out of the endzone... two feet down, control of ball, ground cannot cause fumble.

Because it is an ENDZONE catch, he has to control the ball, come down with it, and not allow it to hit the ground... even though a RB or a WR catch out of the end zone can allow it to hit the ground after it crosses the plane.

The rule will be changed in the off-season, but for now its a really stupid one and has no consistency with the rest of the game.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

While we're on the topic of homers, Kevin Harlan calling KC games is an even bigger travesty.

It didn't matter much when KC was bad. Well, if Oakland didn't sell out the game, I guess it doesn't matter as much.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Calvin Johnson video
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSYDYI4F4xs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSYDYI4F4xs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

20. HillBoy

OK, even given what you have said is true, I have still seen running into the kicker called on plays like this in other games. The block did happen before the contact but the blocker did plow into the kicker while his leg was extended which I think is a penalty. That's why you cannot come at them straight on but rather from an angle in order to block the kick from the side. No matter though because it never happened. ;)