1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 2, 2010.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Nah he hasn't missed a game this season. In fact, he hasn't missed a game the last 5 seasons. He has foot problems the last few years.

2. Ashes

Ashes Member

I will be attending this game. It will be my first NFL game.

Never fear, any sporting event I've attended has always ended in my team winning, so Texans will win this.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Goodness gracious, the line is moving against us faster than the price of gold.

Vegas has us as 3pt dogs at home.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Take note of all the random jerseys you'll see in the crowd. Texans v Colts but you'll be sure to see a Polamalu, VY, or even Cowboys jerseys for some odd reason.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

3 pt. dog at home to a team that's 3-5. I wish I was in Vegas right now. I'm not saying I'm 100% confident, but there is nothing to tell me that SD is 6 points better than the Texans (correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get 3 points for being at home?). If any team makes more mental mistakes than the Texans, it's the Chargers.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

on special teams only.

They are the #1 offense and #1 defense.

I'm pretty sure Vegas just thinks it's a matter of time before their ST fixes itself and what better mediocre ST to face than the Texans who haven't done ANYTHING except block a FG.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'd be inclined to put money on the Chargers. They've only been beating themsevles.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

then the question becomes, "can the Texans beat a team that beats themselves?"

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I sense bad things.

[​IMG]

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Chargers 35
    Texans 17

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I would feel a lot better about this game if Gates doesn't play. We'll still give up 400 yards through the air I'm sure, but hopefully some of those drives will be halted to FG's without Gates.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/04/antonio-gates-has-another-serious-injury/

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As good as you would have felt about the Colts without Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, and Joseph Addai?? Against the Texans defense, the name on the back of the jersey makes no difference. Jacob Tamme made Bernard Pollard look like a mannequin on the field.

With or without Gates, the bottom line is Mario Williams, Antonio Smith, the pile of dogs**t that goes by the name Amobi Okoye, and Ogunleye/Anderson HAVE to take it upon themselves to TAKE DOWN PHILIP RIVERS. That is the only way we are going to win this game. I don't care how they do it. If Williams has to pretend that Rivers slapped his mom, then so be it. And Okoye, if you don't show up in this game, I think fans are going to show up at your house with pitchforks. Is that enough "external motivation" for you??

14. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

if anything, thats a HUGE red flag....they are practically begging you to bet the Texans....which is not good

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Our defense was decent enough against Indy (still not good, though). 24 points is about the best you can expect against that team with our current group. The pick six and not controlling the T.O.P. early by running the ball killed us.

The Chargers have given up 21 sacks to the Colts 7 ... thrown 7 INT to the Colts 2 INT ... 7 fumbles to the Colts 4. This is a much sloppier team, yet just as dangerous. Not having Gates would make a huge difference.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wow, the first Texans game to be televised here all season

17. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

The games is on CBS, we'll win.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

But no Gus Johnson :(

19. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Chargers have so many WR's / TE's out for the game it is not even funny

Depth Chart for WR's

#1 Vincent Jackson - Holdout , suspended
    #2 Malcolm Floyd - Injured
    #3 Legedu Naanee - Injured
    #4 Buster Davis - Out for season

#5 Patrick Crayton - Might play
    #6 Richard Goodman - Who ?, will play
    #7 Seyi Ajirotutu - Who? will play
    #8 Gary Banks - Who ? will play

#1 TE in the NFL - Gates - probably out for game , with two nagging injuries .

Rivers is one of elite QB's , but it seems like i might need to suit up and show up @ stadium and play receiver.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The Texans couldnt take advantage of the same situation last week