1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 21, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Wow, the Cardinals scored 6 runs off 6 singles and 2 walks. That doesn't happen very often.

And we just loaded the bases with no outs and ended up with 1 measley run.

2. BrooksBall

All you can do is feel bad for Paronto.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wade said that because he knows minus Castro this team has 0 young prospects to put on the field. Might as well let Miggy and Kaz finish out the next 2wks. Maybe Drayton should hire the entire Rays scout team.

4. BrooksBall

9 Ls in a row.

Hey, at least we're consistent.

5. BrooksBall

Sweet, we're still tied with the Reds.

Yes, it matters to me.

Of course it doesn't.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Norris has been a bright spot in the putridity that's been this last month.

7. BrooksBall

8. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I went to my last Astros game of the season tonight. I had to see Norris pitch one more time. I really like this kid. I think he has the stuff to be a front of the rotation type of starter. I do not know if he is "ace" material, but he certainly looks like he belongs.

I hope that he continues to work on his game and is ready to contribute. Call me a pessimist, but something tells me that after Wandy gets his big arbitration award, he will not repeat the success next year.

If the Astros are really going to commit to rebuilding ( which I am all for ) I think they should trade Wandy now. His stock will never be higher. The Astros could get in return multiple legitimate prospects for Wandy. At this point they would get more for Wandy then they would for Roy Oswalt. Additionally, they should try and see if they can reach a buyout with Matsui.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

[TheCat]It's because he's injured. He'll be great again when his (shoulder/hip/elbow/pinky finger) recovers. It's the Phillies fault for playing him.[/TheCat]

1 person likes this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I guess I hadn't been paying attention to Lidge and the Phillies. How in the hell does someone get 31 saves while posting a 7.48 ERA? And for a division leading team? That's crazy!

I haven't been paying much attention to the 'Stros either. Good to see Norris has rebounded. He was great when he first came up but then it looked like the league figured him out. Now it appears that he's made adjustments himself and has turned the tables again.

13. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Another reason why saves as a stat is worthless.

It's amazing just how awful he is this year. He's statistically one of the worst relievers this season. A regular pitcher would have been DFA'd a long time ago.