1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Car Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, May 3, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah I have 15 SS, got it from auto nation in Austin for a great deal, get it serviced in Houston at classic Chevy.

Can't you just get your Evo serviced at another Mitsubishi dealer? I can get my Chevy serviced at any dealer since its new and under factory warranty, free oil changes, washes, alignment, tire patches etc.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Why are you going to that dealer after they put you throught those things?

Take it else where with that warranty....
    Im leaving the German scene, recommend you dont enter it.

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

12,000 miles in, it's the best car I've ever driven. If you are two people plus luggage, it's ideal. Great highway cruiser, fun and luxurious.

Made possible by driving practical long lasting Japanese cars previously.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh those are nice, really nice!!! They are stupid quick.... And yeah I could but I'm in the southwest side of Houston... There is no Mitsubishi dealership close to me..... The closest was HUB and I'm done with them. I wanted Mitsubishi to do maintenance for the value but it looks like my only options is doing it myself or taking it to a different brand dealership.... HUB didn't give me anything... No free oil changes like Don McGill, no free alignment or tire rotation.... Nothing....

It's part of the reason some of us chose a new car over pre-owned... Because sometimes we just don't want to worry about little crap like alignment, oil changes and tires... Atleast not until later in the cars life....

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

I never asked anything of my dealership until now, just wanted them to align it and rotate my tires... Won't do it without charging me... I bought the most expensive car they sale and they won't do this one thing to keep me happy and continue going there for future repairs and warranty... Instead they were rude and neglecting to keep a customer... It's whatever I'm through with them...

Ah The German scene, can quickly turn into a nightmare as well... Don't think I'll make the move, the value of my Evo will hold up well over the years while the BMW price plumbets faster than The Rockets 2015-2016 season....

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Cars should be treated like ..house appliances , think of it like a fridge ,you buy what you need , you open the door ,close it , you expect it to work..just keep it clean but no way you become emotionally attached to such things

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[QUOTE
    =Exiled;10484140]Cars should be treated like ..house appliances , think of it like a fridge ,you buy what you need , you open the door ,close it , you expect it to work..just keep it clean but no way you become emotionally attached to such things[/QUOTE]

You don't drive a fridge. Driving cars is also a sport you know, it's a competitive skill, it's a physical and mental experience that brings enjoyment to many.

Now I agree that cars shouldn't be our main sources of transportation, that we need much more practical sources of getting from point A to point B like public transportation systems instead of everybody diving a **** load of cars all the time, but don't compare cars and driving to a fridge, don't try to tell people not to get attached to a sport, a skill, a physical and mental experience that we make fond memories with.

Also, let me know when you drive your fridge to the beach, then bone your gf in the back of it, then maybe you can compare cars to fridges. ;)

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

You don't drive a fridge. Driving cars is also a sport you know, it's a competitive skill, it's a physical and mental experience that brings enjoyment to many.

Now I agree that cars shouldn't be our main sources of transportation, that we need much more practical sources of getting from point A to point B like public transportation systems instead of everybody diving a **** load of cars all the time, but don't compare cars and driving to a fridge, don't try to tell people not to get attached to a sport, a skill, a physical and mental experience that we make fond memories with.

Also, let me know when you drive your fridge to the beach, then bone your gf in the back of it, then maybe you can compare cars to fridges. ;)[/QUOTE]

Found exiles car....

[​IMG]

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

ugh now all the quotes are messed up, thanks a lot Nick...

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Oh nice. I love those cars. How can you beat a LS powered sedan lol.

How's the build quality if you don't mind me asking?

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

lol sport ha! , i agree if people drive like this

[​IMG]

both serve their intended means , taxi drivers should be joining the Olympic team based on you explanation , never seen a sport that make only rare end fatter

[quote[Also, let me know when you drive your fridge to the beach, then bone your gf in the back of it, then maybe you can compare cars to fridges. ;)[/QUOTE]

Found exiles car....

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    thanks , this thing is such a beauty

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My current ride is a 2016 Toyota 4 Runner. and I Love it.
    My first car was a VW Rabbit Diesel.
    My favorite cars I've owned have been Jeep CJ5 (Fun in the Mud), MINI Cooper S (Fun on Track Days), Hummer H3 (Fun climbing rocks), BMW 530 Touring Wagon (Best for long road trips).

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Been looking to get one of these. I test drove one(4wd Trail I think) and I love it. What trim did you get?

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Not really sure where you were going with this? If this was supposed to be an insult or slight because I bought a Honda, then I'm all hurt inside. ;)

One thing since I bought a new car...my subconscious is really messing with me. Two nights in a row...I've had bad dreams and they involved situations with the new car. First night...dreamed I came out of a concert venue and my car was gone/stolen. Second night...dreamed I was driving around some crazy people. Not sure what is on tap for tonight? lol

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I just got the SR5. Didn't need 4wd this time around and just wanted a dependable vehicle at on a tight budget.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Few nights ago I had a dream I was riding atop a huge elephant. He walked near a tree and I went right into a spider's web hanging off a branch. I woke up and threw the nasal spray that was on my chest when I fell asleep. It hit the blinds and woke my wife up. She asked me what happened and I told her a spider was on me. Then I realized what had actually happened and said never mind and went back to sleep.

True story.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

When ppl dont know how to quote reply
    [​IMG]

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are you serious? You really think car racing isn't a sport? A world class sport done professionaly on mang levels?

What in the world are taking about taxi driver in the olympics? Are playing ignorant or being serious? Like I said if you don't like what cars are doing to the environment, if you believe we need more public transportation, if you believe people need to be more health concious, fit and walk/exercise more, then I am with you! But quit trying to discredit racing saying its not a sport, and that driving should have no enjoyment and should be treated like a fridge, because that's just ridiculous.

Sorry I ment I have the Camaro SS not the Chevy sedan SS

And sorry everyone for screwing up the quote lol, I'm on my phone and it messed up, my bad.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

First car : 1993 Lexus SC400 (circa 2000)

College car: 1996 Toyota Camry (circa 2003)

First purchase after college : 2006 Acura TL

First "I'm single, and loving it" purchase: 2012 Audi S5

First "I'm married, but still want to have fun" purchase: 2016 Porsche Macan S

To be fair, I still drive the Audi, and my wife drives the Porsche.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Don't be mad at exiled, he is just mad he can never catch up to you on westheimer in his corolla.... Its just stuff people with slow cars say....

Like.....
    A vehicle is just to get you from point a to point b......