1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Brewers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 18, 2013.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

the anti-wallace

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The Astros no longer have the worst run differential in the league.

They also have the same amount of wins as the Mets, 1 fewer than Bud's Team, and 2 fewer than the Chicago teams and the Dodgers.

3. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Between the Finals and looking for houses, I couldn't listen to most of the game, but I was so pumped following At Bat. Matty D with 40 RBI on the year??? Sign me up! Lyles has just be stupendous, and it sounds like he has been locating his fastball extremely well. So nice to see him be able to go 7 innings.

It has been a fun week!

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If Dominguez could just take some walks (or hit for a higher average). For a guy with a reasonable strikeout-rate and good pop, you'd expect better. He somehow has a .239 BAbip, which is unlucky, but he's always been a low BAbip guy in his Minor league career.

5. boozle222

Agreed. I hope that the walks are just an aspect of his game on which he can improve now that he has a spot on the team. His strikeout rate may go up in the process, but that would be nice to see his OBP go up. Frankly, his inability to draw walks is why I like having him lower in the lineup. Less of a liability to hurt a rally after his at bat, but still plenty of chances to do damage with the guys getting on ahead of him.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, this offense has been lighting it up. Lyles has just gotten better and better.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

ok this is getting creepy.........am i watching the astros?

8. astros123

astros123 Member

nice substitute

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

why did he pull him?

10. astros123

astros123 Member

nearing 100 pitches and with there top of the lineup coming up guess our bozo manager thought it was time for a change

11. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

thats the ambriz we all know and love..he needs to be DFA asap

12. astros123

astros123 Member

how is this troll not banned yet?

13. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

you're a weirdo. bro

14. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

porter is clueless going to Ambriz in the 8th

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Why is Ambriz our number one reliever ? Veras only comes in to finish games, Ambriz get all the other important situations.

Cisnero save for one dud, has been spectacular all year.

Fields has also been better in his brief appearances. Even Blackley has been better or call up a guy.

Ambriz should get the garbage outs, not the key ones. Nobody with a .317 opposing average should have a key role.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't know why he hasn't lost his setup job. Grooves pitches across the middle of the plate way too often.

17. boozle222

I feel obligated to talk about Ambriz.

Porter has surprised me with going to him as much as he has this year. If I could ask Bo one question, it would be what he sees in Ambriz. It's pretty safe to say that Bo has incredibly more knowledge about the game than I do, and I just want to know what he sees in Ambriz that not many other people are. Is it his mechanics? Is he showing something in the bullpen that isn't translating? I am just curious what is occurring outside of games that leads to Porter's confidence. Lastly, I am curious to hear if Porter gives him some sort of vote of confidence soon.

That all being said, I would MUCH rather see Cisnero in the eighth and maybe some Blackley. Fields has been shaky since his call up. This really does make you realize how thin our bullpen is... Jason Stoffel anyone?

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

did ya'll see that awesome foul ball catch in the upper deck behind home plate in the sixth inning? oh, that was me. :)

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Seems like every year, no matter who the manager is, there is one reliever that seems to get more innings than he deserves and/or the wrong innings. Ambriz is the latest to fit this mold and Porter does have to answer for this.

On the other hand, its also a year we are not going to win anything no matter how correct game decisions are. So its a good time to give guys on the bubble long looks. One thing I really hate is when we flush/trade a guy who we think we know his ceiling/potential and he goes on to be stellar on someone elses club. Mark Melancon anyone? http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/29446/mark-melancon So I cant get too upset that certain players get used beyond their apparent usefulness at this point in the Astros rebuild. Better to know who can be long term contributors now than when we are contending.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

yeah, we didn't get good value in return for mark melancon or anything. :rolleyes: