1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Braves @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember, no PBP in these threads and keep the chatter on topic (if it is about something other than this series, talk about it in another thread).

9-8 Javier Vazquez, RHP (11-9, 3.18) vs. Felipe Paulino, RHP (2-7, 6.62) 7:05 on FSN

9-9 Derek Lowe, RHP (13-9, 4.36) vs. Wandy Rodriguez, LHP (13-9, 2.82) 7:05 on FSN

9-10 To be announced vs. Roy Oswalt, RHP (8-5, 3.77) 7:05 on FSN

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

LWL....I see Wandy coming through for us, but Oswalt is starting to scare me with all of his little "freak" injuries.

Pugs

3. leroy

leroy Member

Astros sweep.

The Astros get back to .500 and manage to stay there the rest of this season. Drayton and Wade see this as a sign of progress and decide not to mess with this chemistry for next season. Cooper and the rest of the coaching staff are brought back, along with a long term deal to Miguel Tejada and Valverde...basically cutting any hope of improving the starting rotation. To make the fans happy, Drayton gives 96-year old Jaime Moyer a 5 year contract at $8 million per season. Kaz Matsui is guaranteed the starting 2B job before spring training

I always want my Astros to win, but I'm now at the point of "what good does it do?". With the delusions of grandeur that run rampant through Union Station, I'm afraid that a little success at the end of the season will, again, make McLane and Wade think this team is good enough to compete.

4. juicystream

juicystream Member

Wandy at home is the closest thing to automatic this team has(at least on the positive side of things). Oswalt hopefully will be feeling better but who knows. And which Felipe Paulino will show up?

LWW.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

I would honestly like to rest any key players with nagging injuries for the rest of the season but I'm sure that won't happen for a number of reasons.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

LWW Vazquez goes 7 strong and strikes out 8 tonight. Wandy and Oswalt dominate after that.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LWW...Wandy / Roy dominate

8. Devil Fruit

Devil Fruit Member

Where can I watch/listen to Astros games? While an Astros fan from Houston, I can't watch or listen to the games until it's on WGN or ESPN because I go to school out of state. This makes it hard to follow my team.

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Outstanding changeup there by Paulino. Chipper was completely fooled.

10. Landlord Landry

If you have to listen on the radio....try to find a Braves link. While I KNOW Milo Hamilton is a legend here in Houston, he's un-listenable. Just terrible these days. I love the guy but can't stomach his games called any longer. I don't know which guy is which...I think it's Brent Noland? Brett? something like that.....also a terrible commentator. I REALLY, REALLY miss Ash.

best to find a video link.

11. TheBigAristotle

the offense has really been deep throating it with vazquez on the mound today.

12. Devil Fruit

Devil Fruit Member

13. msn

msn Member

Milo sucks, but listen to the enemy? Perish the thought!

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Give Ed Wade some time, he took over the mess that Purpura left. The Astros were in shambles and Wade has actually acquired some prospects and what appears to be a legit CF. Purpura did NOTHING good during his tenure. He was just McClane's yes man, willing to do anything to please him.

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Berkman has come up empty quite a bit recently w/ RISP.

16. Devil Fruit

Devil Fruit Member

well, I gotta listen to something, bro...

17. msn

msn Member

I listen to Milo. He's not what he used to be, and he's certainly no Gene Elston. But I couldn't stomach listening to Braves, Cub, or Mets broadcasts.

And I'm with the guy who misses Ash. I thought Ash was good even if a little dry.

But give me the Elston/Dierker team from the early 80s every day of the week.

18. juicystream

juicystream Member

Not much in the way of posts about the game. Dissappointing to see the team not help out Paulino again. Paulino has had awful run support this year, and it has cost him a bunch. He has 6 quality starts and only 1 win to show for those 6 starts.

1 person likes this.
  19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

How low can Matsui go?

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Berkman ain't lookin' so good recently, either. He just swung at a pitch that nearly bounced off the grass.