1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bills @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 23, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill O'Brien says that Arian Foster and Shane Lechler will be game-time decisions. O'Brien likes what Chris Boswell can bring as a punter.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/515231875502444544">September 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Shane Lechler can't go Bill O'Brien says 4 or 5 players on roster can punt, did not identify them. That + Texans have Chris Boswell on PS</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/515232612101922816">September 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hmmmm, Watt? Punting? Stay tuned!

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Fair enough. Yes, they both can throw that untimely interception. But when Romo is "hot" he can light it up. I don't think Fitz has ever been "hot." Hurry, someone you have ten years of data on Fitz, go find it; his 400 yard game.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think you missed the statement of original post.

This was my original post

"I agree with your view point. Cowboys can definitely air it out. They put up 34 last week or so.. 27 by the offense. They also have Terrance Williams..multiple weapons. But Romo has same weakness as Fitz."

Perhaps you should have read the entire post more carefully. I'm done arguing my point here. All I was saying was they both have the same weaknesses.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Texans love average tight ends giants found a beast...

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Romo has had two back surgeries and the Cows are trying their best to cover (read hide) the fact that he's greatly diminished. Their entire offensive strategy relies on DeMarco Murray keeping drives alive by running the ball thereby reducing the pressure on Romo who is clearly impaired. If DeMarco can get the ground game going, it opens up play action passes to Dez and quick slants to Witten. They will throw the fade to Dez if they see him getting one on one coverage and let him make a play on the ball. So the key to beating the Cows is to (a) stop the run and (b) get some hits on Romo which will impact his play calling and execution. Unfortunately, these are exactly the two things that the Texans have been having the most problems with on defense.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Arian & Shane GTD

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arian Foster practiced pretty much the same this week as he did last week according to Bill O’Brien. Not sure what that tells you.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPalmerCSN/status/515563360994467841">September 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pancakes said earlier that he expects Foster to play this week so that pretty much confirms he's out this week.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I feel Foster is so important to this team that if he is not able to play or not close to 100 percent, I don't feel the Texans has much of a chance of winning, even at home.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think the Texans felt they would be competitive against the Giants without him, so they sat him.

I think they feel they can beat Buffalo at home (despite their awful performance last week), so they probably sit him again.

If this was the playoffs, or a must win game, I feel Arian would give it a go... seems like its one of those "could get worse" injuries, more than its a currently debilitating injury.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If Arian doesn't play I feel Buffalo has a great chance of winning Sunday. With their running game against the Texans week middle and the Texans having to rely on Fitz too much with no proven RB against their front 7, I really wouldn't expect the Texans to win. I won't be shocked if the Texans win but I don't like their chances without Foster being on the field.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, if Foster doesn't play, I'm chalking this up as a loss.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm right there with you, we could still pull the game out without Foster, but I wouldn't expect it.

14. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Butter!

[​IMG]

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

My boy Blue will put on a clinic Sunday, look for 150 yds+.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll have some of whatever you're having.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, Blue will have the Bills seeing red. Gonna be his breakout game. We can all hope.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt. I wish I was that optimistic but the Bills have been pretty good against the run. I think we are in for a tough day.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd be green with envy if you call that.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Orange ya gonna be happy when he does? Ok, im gonna stop now.