1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Beto for Governor in 2022 thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Would be interesting to see but I think he would not be moderate enough to win.

The gun stuff would kill him.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He jumped the shark in Texas when he started talking about confiscating property(guns) in Texas. I've voted democrat for presidents and governors since 2000 and I would have a hard time voting for Beto.

RedRedemption, calurker and Astrodome like this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like his energy and optimism here.

Democrat candidate for governor has been a sacrificial lamb in the Internet age, so sure, why not? He could be Charles Manson and you wouldn't have to worry about him actually getting any power as long as there's a "D" next to his name in Texas.

Maybe in 10-20 years we'd have something to actually discuss.

Right now Dem candidate for Governor has about as much relevance and power as the Grand Marshal at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. You get to stand in front of a crowd and wave and they pin a ribbon on you and then you go home.

mtbrays and Rashmon like this.
  6. rockbox

That was the dumbest thing ever said by a politician. First, it's never going to happen and secondly its on the less popular side of a very polarizing topic. Thirdly, it won't even effect crime at all.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I disagree I think with the split in the Republican party and a good voter turnout effort a moderate Dem could win, especially with all the current leadership all in for Trump.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I thought that as well I thought he was too smart to pander like that.

Blatz and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Granted, I think ownership of an assault weapon isn't so cool, but on the pragmatic side, in Texas, leave the gun conversation alone. As much as you can.

I could post a video of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog stalking Ted Cruz in 2016, showing Cruz signing somebody's assault weapon at a campaign stop.

Or Jake Tapper on Late Night in 2018 dismissing Beto's chances of running for office again in Texas after the comments I posted above. Here, guns are as sacred as Jesus and barbecue (yum, Black's BBQ in Lockhart, but I digress).

I like Beto, but Texas is blood red. He got close in 2018, but close is about all you're gonna get.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He committed statewide political suicide with his gun comments and will take down any down ballot Democratic candidates because of them. He would be much more helpful taking the Stacey Abrams route and working to build and expand his voter registration and turnout model.

13. rockbox

I wasn't the restriction talk since that happened before. It was about confiscating people's guns. You can't just take property from people that never did anything wrong. That's Un-American. We didn't even take real machine guns from people when we "banned" the production of them in the 80's.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

AK-47's are communist guns.

And the Beto campaign ripped off Whataburger's font.

And the Beto campaign created an absolute ****ing ULTRON - in the form of NONSTOP political text messages from everyone. ****ing Stacy Abrams was texting me and ****. This is what HS kids being recruited by Kelvin Sampson (UH sucks) must feel like.

[​IMG]

Astrodome likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Hell nah

tinman likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This was his howard dean moment.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's amazing how far we have come, just not looking exactly presidential in 2004 could disqualify you and in 2016 we get Trump talking about grabbing a woman by the P.

12 ****in years!

justtxyank and Blatz like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the whole gun comment was dumb from his end. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the headline yesterday. I rather he stay away and lets find a more moderate democrat to run. Any ideas?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hear Beto was inspired by America's Governor...

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Exactly. He signed his own political death warrant in Texas with that 'Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47’

How about the Dems put forward someone with a shot of winning? I grew up poor, wear cowboy boots and shoot guns, I'll do it.